It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Cancels August Recess Due to Democratic Obstruction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
U.S. Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell has had it with Democrats !!

He's fed up with their stalling and stammering and obstruction !!

So he has announced the cancellation of the August Recess !! 😃

That'll get em going on the appointments confirmations !!

Chuky Schumer can talk faster too now.

Get off your butts !! 😃

McConnell Cancels August Recess Due to Democratic Obstruction

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cancelled the upper chamber’s annual August recess Tuesday, citing “historic obstruction” his Democratic colleagues in a statement explaining his decision.
Comments

“Due to the historic obstruction by Senate Democrats of the president’s nominees, and the goal of passing appropriations bills prior to the end of the fiscal year, the August recess has been canceled,” McConnell said in the statement. “Senators should expect to remain in session in August to pass legislation, including appropriations bills, and to make additional progress on the president’s nominees.”

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hahahahahaha!! 😂😂😂😂😂. McConnel complaining about obstruction is like the ocean complaining about salt. — it’s the waters he swam in for eight years!! Short memory???

*cough* Merrill Garland *cough*

*cough* Party of NO *cough*

*cough* Reps one job to make Obama a one term President* cough*

Seriously. This is making me sick (cough).

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Enjoy the checks and balances.
edit on 5-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
they don't deserve a recess until they figure out how to separate business from government

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think it has more to do with McConnell and some other Republicans panicking over the Tariffs. They have been calling out to Democrats to help pass something to stop Trumps Tariffs because their states have been targeted with counter-tariffs but they aren't having any of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Can't we just fire them all?

Then they won't have to worry about getting anything done and we can all start over fresh in November.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You wanted big government you got it !!

*cough*
*cough*

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
McConnell has been stalling Trump from the beginning. What happened to change his mind now? Did his dog get run over by an illegal immigrant who should have been deported?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
McConnell has been stalling Trump from the beginning. What happened to change his mind now? Did his dog get run over by an illegal immigrant who should have been deported?

He himself may not know what he's doing.

🥁💥
edit on Jun-05-2018 by xuenchen because: 😲

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Unsure of what to make of this..

On the one hand.. GREAT... they don't actually work that hard to begin with..

On the other hand Oh snikies, if they try to actually work they are going to screw things up for normal people..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good.

Get to work and get it done. Stop being worthless leeches.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Unsure of what to make of this..

On the one hand.. GREAT... they don't actually work that hard to begin with..

On the other hand Oh snikies, if they try to actually work they are going to screw things up for normal people..

Isn't that the truth. Sadly the best congress to have is a not working congress.

edit on 08630America/ChicagoTue, 05 Jun 2018 14:08:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Argh. That "Democratic" word is at it again. It comes off as if its the process of democracy itself. Which clearly neither Party are anything about.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Hahahahahaha!! 😂😂😂😂😂. McConnel complaining about obstruction is like the ocean complaining about salt. — it’s the waters he swam in for eight years!! Short memory???

*cough* Merrill Garland *cough*

*cough* Party of NO *cough*

*cough* Reps one job to make Obama a one term President* cough*

Seriously. This is making me sick (cough).

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Enjoy the checks and balances.

It's astounding that both sides pull that same tactics all the time, and now that we have a billionaire president it's assholes and elbows in the senate house. It makes me ponder the question of it's influence, and then actions like this remind me.

edit on 5-6-2018 by Knightshadowz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
teacher tried to cancel reces on my gandson some kid smeared poop on the wall i think kids like theyre reces

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I think it has more to do with McConnell and some other Republicans panicking over the Tariffs. They have been calling out to Democrats to help pass something to stop Trumps Tariffs because their states have been targeted with counter-tariffs but they aren't having any of it.

But how would a minority be able to influence any changes there?

If the republicans truly have an issue with the tariffs, the republicans are the only ones able to fix it. Even outside of the WH, they have every single part of the government under control. Hypothetically, if anything should go bad in the immediate future, it could make the red party look very bad for years to come, given they are in full control. Alternately, the republicans could do wonders and make all the right changes and look saintly for years. Either way, it is rare that one party has such full control.

Gov. Office of the Clerk

Congress 235-193-7
Senate 51-47-2
On top of this, every major agency has a new person in charge, picked by the President.

Whatever good happens, it will be on the republicans. Whatever bad happens, it will be on the republicans.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Damn, this one kind of blew up in your face didn't it??

Didn't get all those one line damn Hillary replies you were expecting, except from you of course...

But hey it's early, I'm sure you can redeem yourself with some other Hillary news. Too bad she takes up so much of your time.

Were you OK with 8 years of an agenda that was basically to see Obama fail? I mean you are so into politics, why not start a thread on the special council being unconstitutional ?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No recess. That’s like detention, man.

If only they would bring back corporal punishment and the Board of Education on these unruly brats.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Congress only works 147 days a year as it is. Add in August and they still don't work as much as most Americans do.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
no recess...yea right

perhaps postponed for an hour or two and that will be all

maybe they see the storm coming that i have had visions of

long hot summer searchin for af1 black boxes

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Exactly. They control the presidency, the Supreme Court, and both the House of Representatives and the Senate. Yet somehow they still can't pass legislation. That just proves that they're incompetent and incapable of governing.

It's the same at the state level, too. Most states have Republican governors and Republican controlled state legislatures. Yet Republicans still complain about the government. LOL They are the government in most cases, so they're just complaining about their own inability to govern.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join