It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am tired

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am tired of having a landlord who doesn't fix anything. I moved in two years ago. I spent 5 weeks cleaning, painting and REDOING THE KITCHEN before I moved in. It's affordable rent, it's the only reason I took the place. It was disgusting when I looked at it but i was desperate for a place of my own with my son. I have a roof that leaks ALL the time. My ceiling in my room is about to cave in, no joke. I paid 2 months rent in advance when I moved in and I couldn't even live in the place for 5 weeks because it was so bad. Did I ever get a thank you? NOPE! I have all my windows nailed shut, mold, walls that leak when it rains heavy, window AC units that barely work and freeze over, plumbing that you have to flush the toilet a minimum of 5 times for it to go down. I have repeatedly told my landlord these things. He always says "I will get to it" and yet here I am two years later, same stuff. I pay my rent and sometimes I pay a couple months in advance so it's taken care of. Does he ever say thank you? NO instead he threatens me when it doesn't get to him in the mail when he feels he should get it. Sure I could call code on him and he would be utterly screwed but so would I. See I live in FloriDUH and there are ZERO laws to protect renters. So if I called sure he would be fined to no end and I would pay rent into an escrow type account BUT he can legally evict me by saying he chooses not to rent anymore yet anyone with a brain would know it's because I reported him. I have had a code enforcement officer tell me this is why people don't report landlords here. Now isn't that unfair? A tenant who pays rent yet a landlord can get away with having a place not up to code and unsafe. I could write a thread on the issues with this place. I can't afford to move because I everything where I live is minimum $1000 for a 2/1. It sucks......

I am tired of my ex husband getting away with not paying court ordered child support and I am expected to spend money on a lawyer to enforce a court order. I am tired of him harassing me daily and asking for vulgar things so he will send money. I am beyond over the system again that seems to do nothing but allow these deadbeats to get away with it and the one parent raising the kid to struggle. I have tried legal aid and get this I make too much money which is a joke. I barely survive and I have nothing, no car payment, no credit cards. I live a very frugal life. I have spent two years trying to get it docked from his pay. He makes $75k a year and lives at home. He occasionally sends $100 here or there but he is suppose to pay $600/mth and pay for child care. He does neither. I am beyond stressed because I have no idea how I will pay the $400 for child care in July for summer school, something HE is suppose to pay. Now he use to pay CS when he felt like it but stopped when he found out I had a boyfriend and was going to Europe. He said he doesn't need to pay and that my bf can pay. He harasses me daily via text and I have had panic attacks as a result. I am so over it. They make it impossible to enforce a court order. I have gone to lawyer after lawyer. They all want $5000! It is INSANE! Who has that kind of money?! I have gone to the court house and they give me a book of papers I can't understand so they sit in a pile.

I am tired of a job where I feel like a doormat. No appreciation whatsoever. It's always "oh you should do this" or "take one for the team" yea no. I will pass. I love my job, it's who I work for I don't care for. I am so tired of them doing things that are downright shady and probably illegal in the insurance world and I get paid pennies. I recently did something that took me time to set up and now when those calls come in I do ALL the work and I get no credit for it. Another person at another office not even associated with mine gets the credit. I am tired of working for nothing. I have no benefits of any kind. Everything I was told when I was hired as far as bonus is now no longer. I am one person that does the job of 2-3 and probably paid the least. I have since been applying locally at other agencies for what I do now. I know my worth and I honestly don't feel right with the things they do here that are very shady. For example. We are an independent agency owned by the same family that owns a franchise of a huge insurance chain. Well they bought two more of that chain in another county and our local independent agency sends them policies to bind which is wrong. To me it's like insider trading when you compare what they are doing. We are NOT suppose to even deal with those agencies but the way they have us do it it's almost like no paper trail yet there is. Morally I find it so wrong because it screws everyone who does the actual work, IE me for one! I made a rant about morals in the work place and well they are truly lacking.

I am just tired.......tired of playing by the rules and doing what I am suppose to and getting stomped on all over the place. I have my son who keeps me going and an amazing man in my life who makes me feel loved more than I have ever felt in my life. I know these things may seem silly to some but it takes a toll when you are constantly being shot down when you do everything right. Why is it people who lie, cheat and steal get ahead more? How is that even ok? I was raised NOT to do any of those things yet it seems that is what people do now a days.

I just needed to vent as I am beyond worn down lately........I love my job I just don't like how things are done in a shady manner. It really affects my energy. I love that i have a roof over my head but said roof could literally collapse at any moment. Oh and i can't get renters insurance on the place because it would NEVER pass inspection so I am fully screwed if something happens. I love my son but I hate his father and never thought he would be such a sleazy dirt bag.

I am just tired...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This too shall pass...

Take comfort in the fact that nothing lasts forever, especially the bad times.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I am tired of having a landlord who doesn't fix anything. I moved in two years ago. I spent 5 weeks cleaning, painting and REDOING THE KITCHEN before I moved in. It's affordable rent, it's the only reason I took the place. It was disgusting when I looked at it but i was desperate for a place of my own with my son. I have a roof that leaks ALL the time. My ceiling in my room is about to cave in, no joke. I paid 2 months rent in advance when I moved in and I couldn't even live in the place for 5 weeks because it was so bad. Did I ever get a thank you? NOPE! I have all my windows nailed shut, mold, walls that leak when it rains heavy, window AC units that barely work and freeze over, plumbing that you have to flush the toilet a minimum of 5 times for it to go down. I have repeatedly told my landlord these things. He always says "I will get to it" and yet here I am two years later, same stuff. I pay my rent and sometimes I pay a couple months in advance so it's taken care of. Does he ever say thank you? NO instead he threatens me when it doesn't get to him in the mail when he feels he should get it. Sure I could call code on him and he would be utterly screwed but so would I. See I live in FloriDUH and there are ZERO laws to protect renters. So if I called sure he would be fined to no end and I would pay rent into an escrow type account BUT he can legally evict me by saying he chooses not to rent anymore yet anyone with a brain would know it's because I reported him. I have had a code enforcement officer tell me this is why people don't report landlords here. Now isn't that unfair? A tenant who pays rent yet a landlord can get away with having a place not up to code and unsafe. I could write a thread on the issues with this place. I can't afford to move because I everything where I live is minimum $1000 for a 2/1. It sucks......

I am tired of my ex husband getting away with not paying court ordered child support and I am expected to spend money on a lawyer to enforce a court order. I am tired of him harassing me daily and asking for vulgar things so he will send money. I am beyond over the system again that seems to do nothing but allow these deadbeats to get away with it and the one parent raising the kid to struggle. I have tried legal aid and get this I make too much money which is a joke. I barely survive and I have nothing, no car payment, no credit cards. I live a very frugal life. I have spent two years trying to get it docked from his pay. He makes $75k a year and lives at home. He occasionally sends $100 here or there but he is suppose to pay $600/mth and pay for child care. He does neither. I am beyond stressed because I have no idea how I will pay the $400 for child care in July for summer school, something HE is suppose to pay. Now he use to pay CS when he felt like it but stopped when he found out I had a boyfriend and was going to Europe. He said he doesn't need to pay and that my bf can pay. He harasses me daily via text and I have had panic attacks as a result. I am so over it. They make it impossible to enforce a court order. I have gone to lawyer after lawyer. They all want $5000! It is INSANE! Who has that kind of money?! I have gone to the court house and they give me a book of papers I can't understand so they sit in a pile.

I am tired of a job where I feel like a doormat. No appreciation whatsoever. It's always "oh you should do this" or "take one for the team" yea no. I will pass. I love my job, it's who I work for I don't care for. I am so tired of them doing things that are downright shady and probably illegal in the insurance world and I get paid pennies. I recently did something that took me time to set up and now when those calls come in I do ALL the work and I get no credit for it. Another person at another office not even associated with mine gets the credit. I am tired of working for nothing. I have no benefits of any kind. Everything I was told when I was hired as far as bonus is now no longer. I am one person that does the job of 2-3 and probably paid the least. I have since been applying locally at other agencies for what I do now. I know my worth and I honestly don't feel right with the things they do here that are very shady. For example. We are an independent agency owned by the same family that owns a franchise of a huge insurance chain. Well they bought two more of that chain in another county and our local independent agency sends them policies to bind which is wrong. To me it's like insider trading when you compare what they are doing. We are NOT suppose to even deal with those agencies but the way they have us do it it's almost like no paper trail yet there is. Morally I find it so wrong because it screws everyone who does the actual work, IE me for one! I made a rant about morals in the work place and well they are truly lacking.

I am just tired.......tired of playing by the rules and doing what I am suppose to and getting stomped on all over the place. I have my son who keeps me going and an amazing man in my life who makes me feel loved more than I have ever felt in my life. I know these things may seem silly to some but it takes a toll when you are constantly being shot down when you do everything right. Why is it people who lie, cheat and steal get ahead more? How is that even ok? I was raised NOT to do any of those things yet it seems that is what people do now a days.

I just needed to vent as I am beyond worn down lately........I love my job I just don't like how things are done in a shady manner. It really affects my energy. I love that i have a roof over my head but said roof could literally collapse at any moment. Oh and i can't get renters insurance on the place because it would NEVER pass inspection so I am fully screwed if something happens. I love my son but I hate his father and never thought he would be such a sleazy dirt bag.

I am just tired...

Why are you collecting the support? In PA and NY they garnish wages, charge a fee, and the state pays you not your ex. If he doesn’t pay the state, that’s between him and them. Wouldn’t you rather pay a 3% processing fee on 17% of his salary then deal with his bull crap?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I hear you with both ears.

My situation is not so dire but sometimes when you talk to the landlord the words enter one ear and exits through the other.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
We lived in a rundown craphole when we were in college. We finally made a deal with our landlord -- anything maintenance-wise we did ourselves, we could send him the receipts and charge ourselves minimum wage in labor and he'd take it off our rent.

Maybe you could try that? It won't take care of the major stuff, but maybe you could address some of the minor issues that way and get a discount while you're at it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: camain

I live in FLORIDA! I do not live in your state. Every state is different.

They will garnish his wages once the paperwork is filed and no they don't have a percentage you pay. If it was that simple do you think I would be ranting about it? NO it would have been done already. Florida is terrible when it comes to this and enforcement. I can't afford what a lawyer wants and sure they can make him pay BUT I have to pay UPFRONT first and well I don't have that kind of money.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If it’s worth anything, I read your entire post. I wish you the best of luck and we all have struggles. It's not a panacea, but I do occasionally tell myself this when I’m in a tough spot: “at least I’m not waking up in a Haitian ghetto”.

Hell, Kate Spade tapped out this AM in a Manhattan apartment; a note was left and I would bet my last dollar (outside of finding out she was imminently and terminally ill) she’d trade places with you after the fact.

I read your lamenting of your company offering up the nominal “take one for the team” platitude, so forgive me for saying, “bite down on that mouthpiece and hang in there”.

Best of luck with Florida family courts and a sh$tty landlord.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Cheer up. At least you don't have to worry about things getting much worse.

Go buy yourself some candy so you can cope with all the depressive things going on in your life lately. I'd send you some reeses peanut butter cups but they would be all melted by the time you got them and you would be complaining about that.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Your living situation is unhealthy for you and your son. Report your landlord.

Consider (and plan) ways to improve your situation. You could sell as much stuff as you can, put the money away in a 'bug-out' account, pack everything else and rehearse moving. If your job situation changes (which it can), you at least have options. Why stay in Florida?

US Median Rent Data, by City and State - Apartment List

June 2018 United States Rent Report - Apartment List

Rent control in the United States - Wikipedia

Average Income and Cost of Living in Every State | Money - Time

Doesn't hurt (or cost) to plan and prepare.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I hear you with both ears.

My situation is not so dire but sometimes when you talk to the landlord the words enter one ear and exits through the other.

Oh my landlord just doesn't care. I told him a couple week ago about the roof, even sent pics. I told him I still can't flush the toilet right. His reply?? Oh I broke my ankle it will take me a while. WHAT does that have to do with sending someone out to fix my roof and toilet?! AHHH!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We lived in a rundown craphole when we were in college. We finally made a deal with our landlord -- anything maintenance-wise we did ourselves, we could send him the receipts and charge ourselves minimum wage in labor and he'd take it off our rent.

Maybe you could try that? It won't take care of the major stuff, but maybe you could address some of the minor issues that way and get a discount while you're at it.

He has flat our refused to help pay for anything. I asked him last year to fix my door knob, it was stripped at the nails. What does he do? He leaves a note with blue tape in an envelope and tells me to tape the nails! I called him and demanded a new door knob. Apparently my front door security doesn't mean a thing to him. I still don't know if my door knob is brand new or if he taped it himself as I was at work when it was done.

I have NO bedroom door on my bedroom. I have asked if I can take it out of the rent, he said he isn't paying as there was a door when I moved in. The door looked like someone had kicked it in! It was shredded in parts, extremely dangerous yet to him it was acceptable! I took the door off because it didn't close and there were shards of wood sticking out like someone kicked the door in.

I don't mind doing little things it's the big things I expect him to take care of like the roof and toilet. I did put in a brand new kitchen. I had the old one ripped out. It was disgusting. I can't even tell you how terrible it was. I also had a new toilet put in!! Something he should have done. He just won't do anything. Each hurricane I PAID to have the screens replaced. He is also suppose to take care of the yard, he doesn't. It looks like a jungle now and i can't afford to pay for that too. It is very expensive because the yard is huge.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a new job and place to live is in order.
Things are certainly not looking like they are going to improve as is.
If that's not an option you're willing to embark on, then as the old saying goes, suck it up buttercup!

The only one who has the power to change your situation. Is you.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

If it’s worth anything, I read your entire post. I wish you the best of luck and we all have struggles. It's not a panacea, but I do occasionally tell myself this when I’m in a tough spot: “at least I’m not waking up in a Haitian ghetto”.

Ha that made me laugh. I think similarly. I'm mostly tired of people getting away with such things. I am so beyond over it. I am thankful I have a roof but I am honestly afraid that during this hurricane season it will collapse and I am unable to insure myself against it because it wouldn't pass inspection. SO if something happens I am screwed.

Hell, Kate Spade tapped out this AM in a Manhattan apartment; a note was left and I would bet my last dollar (outside of finding out she was imminently and terminally ill) she’d trade places with you after the fact.

Kate Spade what?? The designer??? She died???

I read your lamenting of your company offering up the nominal “take one for the team” platitude, so forgive me for saying, “bite down on that mouthpiece and hang in there”.

Best of luck with Florida family courts and a sh$tty landlord.

Sucks because I love my job. I just don't like the questionable activity they do that is down right wrong. It is literally cheating, scamming and lying. I don't know how people feel ok with any of this.

OH FloriDUH! It is a right to everything state! I can't wait to get out of this state. If I don't move to Holland with my bf we will relocate to another state.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Cheer up. At least you don't have to worry about things getting much worse.

Go buy yourself some candy so you can cope with all the depressive things going on in your life lately. I'd send you some reeses peanut butter cups but they would be all melted by the time you got them and you would be complaining about that.

MMMMM reese's peanut butter cups. Oh I know things could be worse. This is the rant forum, hence I'm just venting or ranting. I'm not depressed just disappointed mostly.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well if he won't work with you, then you need to go elsewhere.

He's taking advantage of you as it is now.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That is all well and good but when you make $13/hr and are a single parent there isn't much left over! I don't qualify for rent restricted and those places where I live cost more than what I pay now, yet I make too much to live in them. I do not get that at all.

Also sell my stuff? I don't have any to sell worth a dime otherwise it would be gone already. I believe I said I live a frugal life.

I get what you are saying but it isn't as easy as you make it seem. People love to say "just relocate" well that costs money and when you barely make enough to live now how can I even save to move? I don't have enough to have savings as it is. All my savings disappeared when my ex refused to pay his portion of child support and my sons school care.

I absolutely hate Florida. Anyone who knows me knows this to be true. I would love to move to another state or country (that is a huge possibility and I am FINE with that).

As for reporting my landlord well I would love to but then I would be homeless. So it does me no good to report him. In FL tenants have ZERO rights but scum bag landlords like mine do. If I report him to code he would be fine out the rear guaranteed BUT he can turn around and evict me saying he no longer wishes to rent the place. Unfortunately THIS is what happens when people report their landlords and you cant do a thing about it. Yet they get away with it.

Thanks for the links.....rent is crazy all over!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Sounds like a new job and place to live is in order.
Things are certainly not looking like they are going to improve as is.
If that's not an option you're willing to embark on, then as the old saying goes, suck it up buttercup!

The only one who has the power to change your situation. Is you.

I would love to move and there is a possibility of that happening in a couple years but relocating overseas. If not then my bf would move here and we would go to another state but until then I am stuck where I am as the rent for a 2/1 is minimum $1000 and I can't afford that in any way.

Suck it up? Seriously? This is the RANT forum. If you don't like a rant then please go elsewhere. I live in a place with mold, bolted windows and needless other hazards. I can't insure myself due to the conditions and I am to suck it up? I've sucked it up for TWO YEARS, hence a RANT thread saying I"M TIRED.

I am ONE person on crap pay. I can't do much when I have nothing left....

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Well if he won't work with you, then you need to go elsewhere.

He's taking advantage of you as it is now.

Not so simple Ketso. I can't afford the rent here or anywhere and no I am not relocating because again that takes money. It's not so simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
if you have decent credit, go buy a small place. A trailer with a little land should only be $500 or less each month. And you won't EVER have to deal with a landlord again.

Follow up with the state services about child support. That should be free to you, but when dealing with state workers, they may not be the "super motivated kind", so you will have to stay on top of things and BE THE SQUEAKY WHEEL.

while I feel bad for you, that won't help you at all. This might.

Don't wait for someone to fix it for you, they won't. be aggressive, be persistent, and be sure you look out for you and your child. Excuses are nice, but they don't help, so leave them out of this. (tough love) Make things happen and have the kick ass and take names attitude when dealing with things. If you need help, let someone here know. We can holler at you and give you the virtual ass kicking anytime, you know, because we care.

Do your best and don't be afraid to ask for help.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join