It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sailor pardoned by Trump is SUING Obama and Comey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: DBCowboy

Name a country or a period of time in history when everyone has been equal in the eyes of the prosecutors.

Listen,
I’m fine that you essentially stole my background color...

But if you’re going to do that would you please post like the other adults in this forum??
I don’t want my beautiful pink sitting next to such obtuse arguments..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The prosecutors aren’t the problem, it is the citizen that are willing to accept the “other” side being treated worse than their side.

If Democrats went after Hillary for her inability to work with-in the boundaries of law we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Everyone wants to see their side get off.

Long term effects don’t get calculated.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ok .I hope he wins the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

He was guilty though.
He should be glad he got the pardon. This just sounds like yet more silly partisan US politics to me.

I assume he is suing because he was not afforded equal justice, demonstrably so.
Whether that will fly in court, I don't know.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Did the photos of the classified areas show anything of value to another country.

The photos i saw showed nothing but shutdown controls and not even any details that would be of use to a spy.

chances are the Chinese already have allot more info from hacked defense contractors computer files

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He was guilty though.
He should be glad he got the pardon. This just sounds like yet more silly partisan US politics to me.

I assume he is suing because he was not afforded equal justice, demonstrably so.

This case doesn’t likely have much behind it unfortunately. He was prosecuted under UCMJ (uniform code of military justice) which isn’t applicable to civilians, only military personnel. So In this case, there are 2 separate legal systems. One used by civilian courts and one used by the military for court martial. The standards he will have to overcome to make an argument are pretty insurmountable.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

He was guilty though.

You ------------------The Point

Oh wow that was incredible

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: UKTruth

He was guilty though.

This case doesn’t likely have much behind it unfortunately. He was prosecuted under UCMJ (uniform code of military justice) which isn’t applicable to civilians, only military personnel. So In this case, there are 2 separate legal systems. One used by civilian courts and one used by the military for court martial. The standards he will have to overcome to make an argument are pretty insurmountable.

Normally I think your assessment would be spot on by the fact you pointed out of two different judicial systems.

but there are two key facts that IMO could neutralize it.

One...both involve very similar if not identical national security issues.
a. both are dealing with CLASSIFIED information.
b. both had SECURITY CLEARANCES at least equal and in clinton case higher (being in the state department with more variety of information)
c. both had to be given national security laws and procedure training. then sign paperwork they understand the penalties (be civilian , military or in may cases BOTH) for violating them.

Two..... the level of national security violation(s) along with the punishment is so great.

He took pictures of area he worked to save for when his kid gets older to show what daddy did in the navy.
to all info I can find NEVER denied he did it when investigated nor said it wasn't against his security agreements he signed
got one year in military jail.

Ms clinton had MULTIPLE violations of handle top secret (along with other secret designations) information, all on a non governmental approved computer storage devices (sever and multiple other devices) , transmittal of such information without approval and to some who may not have had appropriate clearances (one known is her lawyer) , REFUSAL to cooperate with COURT ORDER to turn over her server IMMEDIATELY, and the big one...
SHE HAS MULTIPLE TIMES DENIED SHE HAD VIOLATED THE NATIONAL SECURITY LAW /CLEARANCES when DIRECTLY QUESTIONED.

If he is suing for unfair application of the law about national security to him vs clinton and not that he is innocent (there is no evidence to this) then I think he has a strong winnable case.

now if the courts care to follow the law , thats another story.

Scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join