It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soulbonding, otherkin, Final fantasy seven cult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My original attraction to ATS was strange conspiracy theories, such as UFO, cult, mythological creatures, etc.

As I have grown older, I have became more interested in political conspiracies

However, I stumbled upon this video which I found very intriguing. Partly because I enjoyed the video game Final fantasy 7, and partly because I do have an interests in cults and their behavior.

SO in a nut shell, here is the story.

A guy in college back in the early 2000's makes a fan page for two characters from the game Final fantasy 7 (a role playing game with swords and magic etc. for the playstation one)

He gets contacted by a woman running a fan site for one of the bad characters in the game, and talks to her partnner (via the [hone I think)

Anyway, this woman starts to ask him questions, such as to you believe people could have been others in past lives, do you bleive their could be other timelines or worlds, and do you believe that video games could be real in some of those worlds, and people could have been these characters in a past life.

The guys like sure I guess its possible.

Now just shortening this up, basically he meets with the ladies as they tell him they believe he has a "soulbond" with the minor character Zack from the game.

He agrees to move in with them for a summer, only to find out they basically are running a cult and he is gradually sucked in, where these women believe they are the characters from the game they have soulbonded with, and that they are basically otherkin.

The situation involves other characters being brought in, violence, attempts at forcing people to have sex based on their characters in the game, people being fleeced of money, and other potential crimes.

The story is quite fascinating.

It gets even weirder as it goes on to explain years later a similar situation happening across the country with a soulbonding cult from a different videogame, and it turns out the woman leading that may have been one of the characters from the Final fantasy house (as its came to be known).

Now at this point, I dont know if this is an elaborate hoax (it would have to be very elaborate, as it involves multiple websites and people and spans over a decade), is embellished, or if it is indeed an accurate depiction of what happened.

Upon looking further, I have found that the original woman in charge of the cult us now being accused of having changed her name, and having a cult based on the tv show Hannibal about hannibal lecter from silence of the lambs.

In fact there is a whole website and youtube channel dedicated to detailing her supposed crimes in that endeavor.

www.youtube.com...

In addition, upon reading comments, many people are saying that this is acually a common problem in the otherkin community, that because people are willing to believe they are spirits of other worldy on nonhuman entities, they are commonly susceptible to cult like leadders that use thiss to their advantage.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but its a fascinating story, and I figured maybe people interested in cults and the like would have more to add about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's gotta be real bad when the nerds complain of women forcing them into sex.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

It's gotta be real bad when the nerds complain of women forcing them into sex.

Spoiler; he declined.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Can I soulbond with a Tifa?

Anyways I liked Zidane more. Any Garnet's out there wanna soulbond in a cult?

(By the way, please proofread and correct typos. You're better than this, Gramblin' Man
)

edit on 4-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I guess if you are serious enough about the game that you think you are spiritually bonded with one of its characters, you're willing to entertain the notion of putting just about anything on the chopping block, including sex.

Thanks for the intriguing story. Sorry to post and run. I'm going to come back for the video later.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Can I soulbond with a Tifa?

By the way, please proofread and correct typos. You're better than this, Gramblin' Man

I am not better than this.

I type with one finger, and got an old keyboard, and make about a spelling error every three words.

SO yeah, I suck.

As far as soulbonding with tifa, I guess once you belive you can be a reincarnation of a video game charcter, you can pick anyone you chose.

Heck why limit yourself to just one?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nerds making hardcore drugs sound safe & wholesome.

edit on 4-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Final Fantasy 7 was one of my favorite RPG's of the 90's. Also Chrono Trigger. Great game(s)!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm a believer that someday in the not too distant future we will have the opportunity (?) to live in a world completely separate from our own all virtually.

I mean, that is the oligarchical (Shinra) goal...right?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Okay so I get to be Axel (Twisted Metal)?

or even Mother Brain (Metroid)?

A lot of people are otherkin to the main character from the Grand Theft Auto games.

But how many people can be the same character? The the ceiling glass or what?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm a believer that someday in the not too distant future we will have the opportunity (?) to live in a world completely separate from our own all virtually.

I mean, that is the oligarchical (Shinra) goal...right?

Holy crap, are the globalists shinra?

Would that makes us AVALANCHE?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ok I'm 5 minutes into the video. I think that was enough for me. This is like one of those narrated creepypastas except it's not very interesting and I don't think I can last 40 minutes.

If people want to roleplay and have a fan-fiction community or whatever, cool. It's never really been my thing.

I'm channeling Cool Hand Luke right now by the way. I'm probably his reincarnation after eating all those eggs..

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nailed it!

As long as TYT aren't the...Turks, we're good!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What if I want to be the final boss in Contra? The whole level is the boss!

Or maybe Sinistar?

edit on 4-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Ok I'm 5 minutes into the video. I think that was enough for me. This is like one of those narrated creepypastas except it's not very interesting and I don't think I can last 40 minutes.

If people want to roleplay and have a fan-fiction community or whatever, cool. It's never really been my thing.

I'm channeling Cool Hand Luke right now by the way. I'm probably his reincarnation.

After about 15 minutes it gets more into the actual people, and how insane they are

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I would be soulbound to the daedric prince Sheogorath.

Otherkin will come for blessings, and they shall receive!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

After about 15 minutes it gets more into the actual people, and how insane they are

I can't

It's just so dumb.

As I said. It's just second-rate fan-faction boringpastas.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

SMH, this is a thing?

Totally up my ally so will be looking into it a bit more and watching the video tomorrow. Is late, need to sleep and work in the morning. Until then, I can't help but wondering about the sad furry that bought in to being soulbound to Cait-Sith. That and how has the lady supposedly behind all that not been locked up already? How many cults does it take to get to the center of the multiverse? Good and weird find.

And yeah, The Man is totally Shinra.

I'll just leave this here...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

WTF did I just read?!?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So got to the video, watched it...

Now 5 videos into the down the rabbit hole play list.

God damn it, I have work to do!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join