It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the rapture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wanna know what the raptue is suppose to be.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

The rapture is supposed to be when all the wonderful christians are removed from earth either before, during, or after the tribulation. In reality however, there is not one single refference to anything of the sorts in the bible.

So the rapture is actually an idea formed by christians because logically they can't figure out why God would put them through the tribulation. They then abstractly develop ideas based on nothing, then pull wuotes and such out of context from the bible to support their views. To be honest, most people who believe in the rapture have never taken the time to research it, or they would know it is baseless. By the way, just because I say that something that is not presented in the bible is baseless, does not mean I believe much of anything in the bible has a base.

[edit on 2/19/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the doctrine of the rapture isn't totally basless if you check 1 corinthians 15 v22 it says "everyone will be raised in the right order. christ was first to be raised. when christ comes again those who belong to him will be raised to life and then the end will come."

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

The rapture is supposed to be when all the wonderful christians are removed from earth either before, during, or after the tribulation. In reality however, there is not one single refference to anything of the sorts in the bible.

So the rapture is actually an idea formed by christians because logically they can't figure out why God would put them through the tribulation. They then abstractly develop ideas based on nothing, then pull quotes and such out of context from the bible to support their views. To be honest, most people who believe in the rapture have never taken the time to research it, or they would know it is baseless. By the way, just because I say that something that is not presented in the bible is baseless, does not mean I believe much of anything in the bible has a base.

[edit on 2/19/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davron
the doctrine of the rapture isn't totally basless if you check 1 corinthians 15 v22 it says "everyone will be raised in the right order. christ was first to be raised. when christ comes again those who belong to him will be raised to life and then the end will come."

Remember, Christ isn't supposed to come back until AFTER the tribulation. We call that judgement day. The rapture is believed by most to be the saving of good christians from the tribulation.

Oh, make sure you read in context too....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Christians that believe in a Pre-Tribulation rapture(catching up) is that Christ will come to the clouds not to the Earth, the arcangle will shout, and the dead in Christ will rise up. then those that have recieved Christ in their hearts that are alive will be caught up next. this all will take place in a twinkleing of a eye. this is what I believe. Then after the tribulation then Christ returns to the Earth to set up his Millenium(sp) kingdom.

I'm not sure exactaly what mid and post trib people believe, but its probably just as it sounds.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What tribulation, judgement day, im so confused, not a very religious guy.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfs4731
Christians that believe in a Pre-Tribulation rapture(catching up) is that Christ will come to the clouds not to the Earth, the arcangle will shout, and the dead in Christ will rise up. then those that have recieved Christ in their hearts that are alive will be caught up next. this all will take place in a twinkleing of a eye. this is what I believe. Then after the tribulation then Christ returns to the Earth to set up his Millenium(sp) kingdom.

I'm not sure exactaly what mid and post trib people believe, but its probably just as it sounds.

Where in the bible does it say what you just said?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh GOD I hope the rapture is true!!!!

I can't wait to see the faces of all those christians as the people they have been judging and putting down go floating away and leave their sorry butts behind.

I can hear Oral Roberts now, thumbing thru his bible and telling all those people he's been robbing, "It was a heavenly clerical error."

On that day the christians will know that they have been judged, and been found wanting.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow,

I almost cried at the beuty of that last post....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Where in the bible does it say what you just said?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Also in Luke 21:36 the word escape can have the meaning of vanish.

And in the book of Acts 15:17 the word residue means left down or left behind in the strongs concordance.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The rapture was something made up by some guy in America to try and figure out when Jesus will come back. When in reality no one will know the hour of Jesus' arrival.

I dont think alot of Christians fallow the rapture

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
In Luke, chapter 21, there is a large prediction. The state of the world as the end draws near is described. The terminology used for most everything is, "it shall come to pass". Luke 21:36 states that if you pray a whole lot, you may escape these things "that will come to pass".

First off, the word escape better suits this sentence than vanish. You shall vanish these things that shall come to pass?

In any case, the things that shall come to pass. Large armies in Jeruselem, wars, great earthquakes...ect. All these things that christians have been pointing out as signs of the end times getting closer. But, Luke says, in the verse you provided us, that people may escape these things that come to pass...if they pray. The very things that christians cite as indications of the end times, are the very things that the gospel of luke tells us that they may be lucky enough to "escape".

Wow, did I say lucky? I wonder why I said that? It makes sense doesn't it? I mean, you interpreted that passage one way, and nearly in a freudian slip, I said lucky, a different interpretation. Couldn't we also, interpret that passage in that manor? You may be lucky to avoid these things, you better pray that you avoid these things? That earthquake over christmas. Killed a whole lot of people huh. What about that earthquake off the coast of India....a whole heck of a lot of people. How many thousands of people are dying in the middle east. Seams pretty neat how all of that stuff is coming into play. Yet, all of you are still here.

Your still here Dbrandt. Why would such a good christian as yourself not "escape these things that will come to pass" as stated in the bible? Surely you have personally used them and cited them as indications of the end times...am I correct? If they are the indications of the end times, then Lukes gospel makes a statement, that may be construed in a way that means you would avoid this. Avoid them

1 Thes 4:16-17 is not rapture oriented, unless you believe ina post tribulation rapture. Those who believe in the pre tribulation rapture often provide verses from luke as evidence. However those post tribbies use Thes. as you proivided. Jesus comes down to us, takes those who are still alive with him into heaven, and those who are dead as well. I suppose you have to be good and accept him and such to be included. Please note that he takes you away, into heaven in this verse. Well, thats how I interpret it. Specifically he takes you into the clouds and air. But who knows what is really meant there. However, this definitely does not say that those remaining would stay here on earth. ( I know you didn't mention that, but I think you know where I would be taking that if necessary)

Acts:15

Residue could very well mean left behind or left down. That statement however, gives no support of the rapture. It could more easily be referring to the people who are still alive....being left over from, oh, lets just say, 6000 years of biblically recorded human life on earth. Remember, the tribulation will cause many to perish. It could be referring to those left over from that as well. There is no tie in or correlation to the rapture at all in this statement. Remeber, that Jesus is describing his return to earth in the preceding verse. The return to earth that will occur after the tribulation.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The concept of a pre-tribulation removal of the followers of Christ (the Church), is a relatively new invention. It's framers used their knowledge of the Bible and human nature to contrive a situation wherein a feel-good doctrine would be fed to the Church.

...And that is the beginning, but the story does not end there.

You see, as was intended by the creators of the pre-trib dogma, the Church swallowed it whole. Which sets us up nicely for stage two: The Faking of the Rapture.

While I certainly do not endorse all of the information available on this subject, there is a large amount of verifiable documentation pertaining to the use of microwaves, holography, and mass media in a deception based on the recently introduced (50-70 years ago) Rapture Doctrine. A cursory Googling of the phrase - Project Blue Beam - will produce plenty of research material. Religious types need to make an extra-conscious effort not to be inadvertently triggered while researching this topic, as there are many misinterpretations, fabrications, and patently offensive articles to be absorbed...

Well, like Al said, the important thing is not to stop questioning.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nice words, nice words, nice words.

Thread closed.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Crappy, one line, unsupported raptue query with no discussion value already answered both in this thread and countless others on ATS, reopened due to whining.

This notice served to replace nice words, nice words, nice words and Moderator judgment.

Proceed left for free sticks, right for dead horses.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Closed Again.

Any questions?

new topics

join