It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You’re Fired: Philadelphia Eagles ‘dis-invited’ to White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Yeah... He stood up for the military by not joining.. Limping on his "bone spurs" and "pride for the troops".

Mr. Prez? Sit down and go play golf with your spurs. You sure could do that, rt?

This is still America until you completely destroy it. Let the players stand on their heads if they choose.

Protests against the King birthed our nation...and our feedoms. You bought yours

The military has always had medical exceptions.
The first thing they do to an enlistee is give them a medical questionnaire the size of a novel .Answer yes to any , and you dont go.
"Flat foot" (actually any kind of medical condition that could prevent a person from marching with a heavily loaded backpack including bone spurs)
Any broken or fractured bones , no matter how small or where or how long ago.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good ?

Well , that fulfills my obligation to ATS
Denying Ignorance.

Done
Next

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Trump is so petty!

Maybe. I was a kid in the late 80’s/early ‘90’s, when Trump was the guy that my mom and her cohorts were talking about in the grocery line — he seems to be exactly the same person from 30 years ago. He won an anti-trust lawsuit against the political-connected NFL (remember, Goodell’s dad was a senator...apple doesn’t fall far from the tree), but awarded token damages of $1. At any rate, this is still the league that squashed his USFL and ostensibly blocked his bid to buy the Buffalo Bills.

Grudge? Maybe. Petty?? Or maybe, he’s kicking the NFL in the teeth and scoring major political points...hell, Jerry Jones coughed up the fact Trump called and reminded ‘Jerruh’ that this (anthem controversy or whatever you wanna call it) was a winner for him (DJT) and it was clearly a loser for the 32 billionaires — as Russ Hanneman of Silicon Valley knows, losing a comma f$cking sucks — of the NFL and he was gonna squeeze it for all it’s worth. He is squeezing and the NFL is reacting in a protecting-that-comma position.

edit on 4-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: is

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sure maybe he'll invite Kanye and Roseanne to sing the national anthem. I wonder if Melania will show?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hilarious. The pats had the same deal he didn't need the process last year though.

What a baby.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I feel as if there's a 'behind the scenes' reason for this - players and coaches may have vetoed the visit, and MSM is reporting they've been uninvited (to aid the narration of the White House in a constant position of power).

My two cents.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Yeah... He stood up for the military by not joining.. Limping on his "bone spurs" and "pride for the troops".

Mr. Prez? Sit down and go play golf with your spurs. You sure could do that, rt?

This is still America until you completely destroy it. Let the players stand on their heads if they choose.

Protests against the King birthed our nation...and our feedoms. You bought yours

The military has always had medical exceptions.
The first thing they do to an enlistee is give them a medical questionnaire the size of a novel .Answer yes to any , and you dont go.
"Flat foot" (actually any kind of medical condition that could prevent a person from marching with a heavily loaded backpack including bone spurs)
Any broken or fractured bones , no matter how small or where or how long ago.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good ?

Well , that fulfills my obligation to ATS
Denying Ignorance.

Done
Next

Been there

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Best POTUS EVER.

"...but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony — one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.” (Williams, et al).

So, instead of honoring a bunch of crybabies, instead, rather, we'll be celebrating the great men and women of this nation.

Brilliant move POTUS, Simply Brilliant 😌

So last year the pats also had the same some people didn't go...

Not a single person on the Eagles was kneeling during the season. Every person on the eagles works with the community, works with police, some have been to Congress etc...

How many were not going? Where did you hear about this all week?

Sounds like total bs and blind faith on your part.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It seems to me like hes playing the media.

Instead of the few butthurt dip#s who wouldnt attend getting an audience to spew their verbal diarrhea Trump has flipped the headlines to him taking a hard stand on nonsense.

What I see is that those with severe TDS need to jump on every single tiny unimportant piece of far fetched nonsense they can to try and make him look bad, what they cant see is that those not suffering from their affliction (even those who dont like Trump on a rational as opposed to pathological level) actually agree with him on most of what hes saying/doing.

I sincerely believe if the people got behind him America would be great again

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Classrode

I appreciate your take.

There was a ‘behind the scenes’ non-vote at the owners meeting that was declared as “unanimous” by Goodell on the new ‘anthem policy’. In reality, the owners either abstained or made it known they would NOT vote against the new policy (i.e. it was unanimous there were zero “nay/no” votes, as opposed to a unanimous “aye/yes” vote). Trump has the NFL by the cojones. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
It seems to me like hes playing the media.

Instead of the few butthurt dip#s who wouldnt attend getting an audience to spew their verbal diarrhea Trump has flipped the headlines to him taking a hard stand on nonsense.

What I see is that those with severe TDS need to jump on every single tiny unimportant piece of far fetched nonsense they can to try and make him look bad, what they cant see is that those not suffering from their affliction (even those who dont like Trump on a rational as opposed to pathological level) actually agree with him on most of what hes saying/doing.

I sincerely believe if the people got behind him America would be great again

That makes sense to you?

He just made a martyr out of those people. Now that is all that will be talked about...

More flailing around in the white house. The man doesn't even realize nobody on the Eagles ws kneeling....or that the pats he met with also didn't bring the whole team.

edit on 4-6-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I hope trump destroys the nfl.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I bet it ends up being all about him and he spends a lot of time talking # about the nfl.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Attending the White House for champions/championship teams has been a long-standing tradition...well, that seems to be a waning tradition.

The Iggles* got ‘dis-invited’ (not sure that’s a word) because a couple malcontents wouldn’t attend

"A couple"??? Well, that's a nice way to put it. Only ten wanted to go. The rest refused. That's ten out of approximately 80 people (Roster is here). The team owner will be at the mini-event tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I bet it ends up being all about him and he spends a lot of time talking # about the nfl.

No takers here on that bet.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Get this, the Philadelphia mayor is MAD. He says that Trump "isn't a true Patriot", because he un-invited the Eagles to the White House party.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

Did mayor Jim Kenny insult the players who "took a kneee" and disrepected those who have died for our country? I bet he didn't.

It's amazing how much power a "snowflake" like Trump has over liberals! He's single-handedly preventing them from having the presence of mind to formulate any kind of coherent strategy to run this country again.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Attending the White House for champions/championship teams has been a long-standing tradition...well, that seems to be a waning tradition.

The Iggles* got ‘dis-invited’ (not sure that’s a word) because a couple malcontents wouldn’t attend

"A couple"??? Well, that's a nice way to put it. Only ten wanted to go. The rest refused. That's ten out of approximately 80 people (Roster is here). The team owner will be at the mini-event tomorrow.

It was a sardonic attempt at...I don’t know, you figure it out — plenty of context in this thread to do so.

Yeah, I know the Iggles’ roster. Thing is: only 46 dress and 7 are on the practice squad, so in reality, only 53 players were part of the team and/or got rings and playoff checks. Yeah, no, that 80-man roster dog won’t hunt here*. And it was patently obvious to DJT that only a ‘select contingent’ (paraphrasing Lurie) were going to attend. Lurie said so, well in advance.

DJT is working the NFL over — and I patronize many of the NFL’s establishments to the tune of thousands of dollars a year. Religiously. So I take no delight in this nonsense, notwithstanding the egg on Goodell’s face. And ole Jerruh having to kiss the ring after being the ringleader in keeping DJT out of the NFL.

*Just ask the ‘87 Redskins’ “scabs” — who on a Monday Night Football game (too young to remember it, but the ESPN 30 for 30 on it was golden [Bill Simmons is a rockstar in my book]) beat a Tony Dorsett-Randy White loaded Cowboys’ roster — what being the 54th - 90th man** on that ‘roster’ gets you. No ring. No visit to the Reagan White House.

**It was 90 before the current 80.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Get this, the Philadelphia mayor is MAD. He says that Trump "isn't a true Patriot", because he un-invited the Eagles to the White House party.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

It's amazing how much power a "snowflake" like Trump has over liberals! He's single-handedly preventing them from having the presence of mind to formulate any kind of coherent strategy to run this country again.

It is amazing. Amazing that the Democrat Party is falling over themselves to run a retread like Pelosi. Talk about screwing the pooch. Hell, most people with an IQ above 80 know that first-term presidents rarely, if ever, control both houses of Congress after the mid-terms...with the motley crew they seem to be parading around as ‘better’, I’ll take “the over” on Republicans controlling 1 house of Congress.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Wrong eagles.

Don henely is still trying to sue the football team.

Wouldn’t that be a hoot?

Eagles concert at the White House?!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think Trump should have welcomed the 10 players that wanted to come and gave them a VIP tour with pictures galore.

Not sure which is worse, Trump's uninvite or theses clown athletes who think they are political influencers.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus
I understand them not wanting to attend. I wouldn't have attended if Obama were President.

You're getting this thread started off on the wrong premise. The President revoked the Eagles' invitation.

I bet that was hard for him to do, since the Eagle is America's bird.

Do what? A few of them refused to attend his little token shindig, and it hurt his fragile adolescent ego and he called it off.

Exactly.

One other thing is that no Philly Eagle took the knee or stayed in locker during the entire last season, not even the ones who refuse to go to White House.

As always Trump is way off base.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join