It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Model 3 deposit refunds are piling up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Musk Mayday: Tesla Model 3 Deposit Refunds Soar

It seems that Elon Musk's inability to master mass production is finally catching up to him. Nearly a quarter of Model 3 reservations (23%) have been cancelled and the deposits refunded. Many of those cancellations (18%) were made just this past April, when Musk announced yet more production delays. The masses are starting to get impatient.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Production delays?
So business as usual at tesla?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What a shame. Awesome cars. I bet they get bought out soon. Ford or Toyota maybe?a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What a shame. Awesome cars. I bet they get bought out soon. Ford or Toyota maybe?a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Both Toyota and Ford are good bets. They haven't invested a lot in electric vehicles, compared to other automakers like General Motors, Honda, or Nissan.

Also, don't count out Fiat-Chrysler. They've been raking in the cash lately thanks to Jeep and Ram, they have precious little to offer for electric vehicles, and Sergio Marchionne LOVES a good halo brand.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Fake news created by the anti Musk companies..
Every accident a Tezla is involved in, Musks company is blamed.. The anti Musk movement is pushing hard to putting dirt on Musk.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Interesting about Fiat/chrysler. I figured they were soon to be needing a 3rd bailout. Lol
I would like to see Ford snap them up...as the tesla semi trucks are the business and I think ford still makes those.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Interesting about Fiat/chrysler. I figured they were soon to be needing a 3rd bailout. Lol
I would like to see Ford snap them up...as the tesla semi trucks are the business and I think ford still makes those.

Nope, Fiat-Chrysler is doing pretty well these days, thanks to the red-hot market for SUV's. Ironically, I expect the Chrysler brand itself will be discontinued within the next year or two. It's down to only two vehicles: the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler Pacifica minivan. The 300 is about 13 years old, which in automotive terms means it's walking with a cane and yelling at younger cars to get off its damn lawn. The Pacifica could easily be rebadged as a Dodge, and replace the Dodge Caravan (which like the 300 is at the end of its run).

Also, I expect they'll stop selling Fiats in the United States within the next few years. They're a big deal in Europe, but over here they can't give them away.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Fiat-Chrysler becomes the Jeep Corporation in the future, with Fiat, Dodge, and Ram as the lesser brands.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I dont know anyone in the UK that drives a fiat. They are all ugly as sin with bad electrics. I wondered why they keep the chrysler name....its like a bad rep.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

This is just the beginning.

Elon Musk’s ‘army of white, male Muskbros’ accused of harassing women who criticise him

edit on 4-6-2018 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It would be funny if Toyota bought Tesla due to the fact that tesla took over a Toyota plant. A lot of jobs would be lost in my neck of the woods if tesla fails. Got to appreciate musk for building his cars in America and in a very expensive area.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Tucker automobile? Does any of this Musk situation kind of sound like The Tucker enterprise??

www.smithsonianmag.com...
edit on 4-6-2018 by rockhndr because: added link for info purposes

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think it could be a LOT like that. I remember that pbs special on who killed the electric car....lokkin at you GM!
Thing is....the us should be far ahead of the europeans as they invested in diesel cars.

a reply to: rockhndr

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockhndr
Does anyone remember the Tucker automobile? Does any of this Musk situation kind of sound like The Tucker enterprise??

Another ironic connection is, Musk shamelessly copied the gull wing doors from the Delorean for the Model X. The thing was, the Delorean was a terrible car! It was pathetically underpowered, and those gull-wing doors were constantly breaking. (Musk himself eventually admitted it was a bad idea to use them on the Model X.) The company went broke after only two years of production. If not for Back to the Future, Delorean would have been forgotten by all but the most diehard auto enthusiasts by now.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The 300 is an older model, but they are still a nice ride.
However, Personally if I was gonna buy another luxury car, the Lincoln MKZ is pretty much the same price as the 300 so I'd go for that.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Spacespider

This is just the beginning.

Elon Musk’s ‘army of white, male Muskbros’ accused of harassing women who criticise him

He just said “no ones believes you anymore” then talks about credibility.

I think if you cannot speak in correct grammar you forfeit the chance to call out people on credibility.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: rockhndr

Another ironic connection is, Musk shamelessly copied the gull wing doors from the Delorean for the Model X. The thing was, the Delorean was a terrible car! It was pathetically underpowered, and those gull-wing doors were constantly breaking. (Musk himself eventually admitted it was a bad idea to use them on the Model X.) The company went broke after only two years of production. If not for Back to the Future, Delorean would have been forgotten by all but the most diehard auto enthusiasts by now.

The Delorean went out of business due to bad financial management, the cars were actually a success .

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
1.21 jiggawatts us not underpowered

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
The Delorean went out of business due to bad financial management, the cars were actually a success .

A financial situation they tried to correct by moving large quantities of drugs. That was the final nail in that coffin.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Yeah it's a shame, I actually saw one the other day on the back of a tow truck, it looked good, I would love one to tinker around with...

top topics

join