It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superclass and Is global governance necessary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Couldn't agree more.
The Military as a function of the Govt will always keep the population in check

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

who have wealth and money would be worse, they can hire their own army

So you haven't seen private security protect the Uber rich? Ever since the creation of the first constabulary in London the Police are there to protect the Rich. Most of the Convicts sent to the colonies were people just trying to feed themselves

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I agree as well...I dont think the OP even watched it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: Edumakated

The bottom 5% of Americans live better than the top 5% in India.

I am sorry. You can show me any book, article, or statistic you want. I will never believe that.

Perhaps you should travel then.

Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Nochikuppam Slum Chennai.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Rajendra Nagar Slum Bangalore.
Indiramma Nagar Hyderabad.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.
Mehbullahpur Slum Lucknow.

There is a good list to start.

Then get back to us, as opposed to typing away on a computer and not believing reality.

So all the India millionaires live in the slums? OK

Weird.. I had thought we were talking about poverty.

Pay attention, sparky.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I am sorry. You can show me any book, article, or statistic you want. I will never believe that.

Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.

Then get back to us, as opposed to typing away on a computer and not believing reality.

Pay attention, sparky.

No, we were not. The quote being discussed is "The bottom 5% of Americans live better than the top 5% in India." He is not comparing poor to poor. He is saying America's poor live better then the top 5% of India's wealthiest people.

India has many wealthy people. Somebody owns the industries there, people own banks, railroads, mines, large stores, etc. To say an American on welfare lives better than a millionaire or billionaire in India is just not true.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Oh come on. You said "The bottom 5% of Americans live better than the top 5% in India."

Now it's "'The standard of living in America is extremely high, even for the poor. All of whom live better than the upper class did probably 30 years ago." So the poor guy lives better than Trump did in 1980? Got to call you on that one too.

Did you bother to read the article?

Poor in America is not the same thing as poor in India, Africa, etc. Of course, the poor in American don't live better than an Indian billionaire. However, the average person in the bottom 5% in American live better than the average person in the top 5% in India.

Now check out the line for India. India’s poorest ventile corresponds with the 4th poorest percentile worldwide. And its richest? The 68th percentile. Yes, that’s right: America’s poorest are, as a group, about as rich as India’s richest. All of which should be something of a reality check for those who insist that America's poor are being forgotten, left behind and all the rest. Even if you're stuck in the bottom 5% of the US income distribution your standard of living is about equal to that of the top 5% of Indians. Even if you're in the bottom 10% your standard of living is about the same as that of the bottom 10% in other rich countries (which, so we are told, care so much more and do so much more) like Sweden and Finland. And when we sweep everything together into some sort of quality of life measure the American poor are better off than the French or German poor.

I don't wish to be rude. The idea an Indian manufacturing company owner is poorer than someone on welfare in the US is just laughable. There are many wealthy in India. The average Indian doctor is probably far wealthier than the bottom 5% in America. Seriously.

I don't wish to be rude, but you don't seem to have a grasp of basic statistics.

I do understand statistics. I actually studied it. The article discusses 3 graphs. Only the last one even has India on it and this is where your conclusion comes from. I don't know how they cooked these numbers. For the first graph he says "This isn't the traditional GDP numbers, nor purely economic numbers in fact. Things like quality of life, civic engagement are included." Since they are all compared together, I assume they all represent the same type of data. Things like quality of life and civic engagement.

I just don't believe it. The author says the numbers are cooked. They conclude the owner of a bank or a railroad in India (millionaires if not billionaires) lives like some guy on welfare in the US. I just don't believe it.

This is a guy from Forbes writing for his readership. Maybe he's saying "That minimum wage guy doesn't need a raise. He's already living better than the president of India." I don't know. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.

Pay attention, sparky.

No, we were not. The quote being discussed is "The bottom 5% of Americans live better than the top 5% in India." He is not comparing poor to poor. He is saying America's poor live better then the top 5% of India's wealthiest people.

India has many wealthy people. Somebody owns the industries there, people own banks, railroads, mines, large stores, etc. To say an American on welfare lives better than a millionaire or billionaire in India is just not true.

The concept of standard of living is clearly going over your head.

There are a lot of extremely poor people in the world. In fact, the be considered part of the top 1% globally income wise you only need to make about $30,000 USD per year. That kind of salary for a family in the US is considered poor, but actually is a 1%er lifestyle when compared to the rest of the world.

Again, you can go into the worst of the worst ghettos in America and you will find cellphones, HD TVs, xboxes, air conditioning, refrigerators, solid housing, clean drinking water, flush toilets, etc. By comparison, you'd have to be part of the upper class in India and many countries have the same accommodations.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.

Pay attention, sparky.

Yea
I agree this is a joke.
It was predicted years ago that with Global Corporate Fascism, it would be a race to the bottom for the majority of people while the rich would get richer.

This is what we see happening today where wages for Americans are stagnating and at the same time, the globalist wealthy are buying up coastal properties putting upward pressures on prices all across the world.

Now we have the working homeless poor in this country.
Something needs to be done about this as well, and it is apparent the government is not the solution either since the governments work for these same people.

Billionaire Boys of India | Ferrari Lamborghini Supercar Vlogs | Rich Lifestyle of Delhi

American Story: Tent City USA

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Dharavi Slum Mumbai.
Bhalswa Slum Delhi.
Basanti Slum Kolkata.
Saroj Nagar Slum Nagpur.

Pay attention, sparky.

The concept of standard of living is clearly going over your head.

There are a lot of extremely poor people in the world. In fact, the be considered part of the top 1% globally income wise you only need to make about $30,000 USD per year. That kind of salary for a family in the US is considered poor, but actually is a 1%er lifestyle when compared to the rest of the world.

Again, you can go into the worst of the worst ghettos in America and you will find cellphones, HD TVs, xboxes, air conditioning, refrigerators, solid housing, clean drinking water, flush toilets, etc. By comparison, you'd have to be part of the upper class in India and many countries have the same accommodations.

Apples and Oranges
If a person making 30,000 a year in America is spending 60% of their money on rent, fuel and food costs, then they are no better than an a person in India spending 60% of their money on rent, fuel and food costs.

www.numbeo.com...

Consumer Prices in United States are 185.22% higher than in India
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United States are 244.16% higher than in India
Rent Prices in United States are 485.75% higher than in India
Restaurant Prices in United States are 289.26% higher than in India
Groceries Prices in United States are 184.25% higher than in India
Local Purchasing Power in United States is 65.73% higher than in India

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I get your drift. Look at these articles:
India's 100 Richest 2017

Pop ulation of wealthy Indians to grow 71% by 2022: Report

I googled "wealthy in india" and took these off the first page. The first (Forbes) article is all about billionaires. The second about "Population of wealthy Indians, with assets of over USD 50 million."

I think you exaggerate. Tell it to someone that believes it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join