It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WarPig1939

See Jim Crow laws. Do you really want to go back to that?

I dont recall seeing you in the threads about whites being excluded from racism conferences and the like, all screaming about Jim Crow etc.

Hrmmm...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The gay couple got denied and lost the case. They will get over it or they will find a hard life to live if they can't figure out there is a thing called "choice".

Wrong. The Colorado law that prohibits discrimination against gay people wasn't challenged and still stands. The Civil Rights Commissioners were found to have been biased and hostile to the baker's claims. SCOTUS didn't rule the baker had the right to deny gay couple a cake. They ruled that the Commission handled the case improperly, with hostility and a bias against religion.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Personally....I wouldn't even want to eat a cake someone was forced to make for me against their wishes...that #'s not gonna be very good..I'm sure very little effort would've been made for that cake and they probably enjoyed whatever cake they end up did getting better anyway.

How is this a #ing issue?...if someone doesn't want to serve you....for any reason honestly....just go somewhere else....why would you want service of any kind from someone that doesn't want to do it? That's just #ing stupid and asking to have #ty service anyway.

This reminds me of people who get upset because their friends don't talk to them or don't answer messages...if someone doesn't want to associate with you....even if they're ignorant #s...it's pointless getting upset about it...just move on...

THANK YOU! JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. HOLY CRAP! IT ISNT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The gay couple got denied and lost the case. They will get over it or they will find a hard life to live if they can't figure out there is a thing called "choice".

Wrong. The Colorado law that prohibits discrimination against gay people wasn't challenged and still stands. The Civil Rights Commissioners were found to have been biased and hostile to the baker's claims. SCOTUS didn't rule the baker had the right to deny gay couple a cake. They ruled that the Commission handled the case improperly, with hostility and a bias against religion.

I stand correct however this could have been avoided way before the SCOTUS ruling. The fact the supreme court even got involved is mind boggling.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yeah. Its like if you were trying to hang out with people that dont like you, and insisting on it. As if Colorado doesnt have bakers with those rainbow flags dangling off the signs.

But as the resident boat rocker, whatever floats their boat.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The rainbow is a sign from God promising never to destroy the earth with another flood.The gay community stole the rainbow and corrupted it's meaning to fit into their agenda.

That falls under opinion versus fact.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I stand correct however this could have been avoided way before the SCOTUS ruling. The fact the supreme court even got involved is mind boggling.

I think "they" were hoping for a different outcome. Taking a case all the way to SCOTUS is very costly. Someone who was highly invested is probably pretty disappointed right about now.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Except, as we have seen in the thread, there are those who are desperately trying to interpret this to mean that religion dominates law and precedent.

It still doesn't.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the boundary is such

if today the same couple went to the same bakery and asked for the same again the baker could refuse and that would be the end of it

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am wondering that myself in how much the legal fee is going to be. I sense it's going to be YUUGE

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Except, as we have seen in the thread, there are those who are desperately trying to interpret this to mean that religion dominates law and precedent.

It still doesn't.

looks like it did this morning anyhow

actually the christian religion dominates law and indeed precedent because we are a christian nation founded on the principles and morals of Christianity

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But, but...they STOLE God's rainbow and CORRUPTED it, amiright? Nice guys just don't do that.

LOL!

link   
a reply to: Necrobile

It doesnt mean that the baker held gay people in contempt. It was soley a religious disagreement with same sex marriage. Personally I dont believe you should try to put them out of business, they would simply not be getting gay wedding cake orders.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

It still doesn't.

actually the christian religion dominates law and indeed precedent because we are a christian nation founded on the principles and morals of Christianity

Every statement you made is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I truly care about your argument and you've moved me deeply, swaying me not so much as a fraction of an inch away from what I believe.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Should business owners have absolute rights (based on skin color/religion/nationality/sexual orientation) to refuse service or not?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hey you were the one who wanted to emphasize that. You even quoted again for truth!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the boundary is such

if today the same couple went to the same bakery and asked for the same again the baker could refuse and that would be the end of it

I'm sure that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission will shy away from enforcement on that particular shop if they went before them again, as it would compound the SCOTUS accusation of hostility. But, another bakery that denies a gay couple a wedding cake in Colorado will have to start at square one if the gay couple decides to sue them.
edit on 4-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It still doesn't.

Every statement you made is incorrect.

according to the viewpoint of a lost liberal hoping america fails so that sharias law can be implimented

no cake for you

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If you don't want to sell cakes to the public, then don't own a bakery. "Holy crap! It isn't that hard to figure out!"

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join