It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Poor/Negligent/Hateful service is a risk for anyone going to a restaurant. Your comparison here is not very good.

Nah. My point still stands.

So you expect them to selectively practice their faith?

Uh isn't that what that baker is doing? He doesn't understand that he is being an hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nightrider83

where I really want to see the signs posted is the hospital systems. you should really have the right to know weather or not the healthcare you would receive will be affected by religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nightrider83
a reply to: JinMI

But there can also be a sign that's reads: 'pls don't come here if you are gay. I will not serve you. Thank you for your understanding in my religious beliefs. Have a great day' this I would absolutely not like to see

That would be 100% out of line and discriminatory.

What if they had a sign that said: If you come here looking for me to create a cake for a gay wedding from scratch, I regret to inform you that I will not provide that service. I will provide a list of other businesses that will do so. I will not turn you away for your sexual orientation and am happy to provide birthday cakes, mother's day and father's day cakes, graduation cakes, and any other manner of cakes and pastries. Alternatively I have a selection of pre-baked cakes without any garnishing or other presentation that I will sell, which could receive icing and other artistry from a baker that I would likewise refer you to if you seek a cake for a gay wedding.

But I understand if that's too wordy for a bumper-sticker analysis of "HE HATES TEH GAYZ"

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree. Just my opinion that healthcare especially has no place for religious beliefs. Oh no I hope I didn't open another can of worms

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ok but that's just sugar coating the same message

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

why not just a sign that says...
I don't sell gay wedding cakes, sorry.?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If you come here looking for me to create a cake for a gay wedding from scratch, I regret to inform you that I will not provide that service.

"If you come here looking for me to create a cake for an interracial wedding from scratch, I regret to inform you that I will not provide that service."

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Poor/Negligent/Hateful service is a risk for anyone going to a restaurant. Your comparison here is not very good.

Nah. My point still stands.

We agree to disagree, then.

So you expect them to selectively practice their faith?

Uh isn't that what that baker is doing? He doesn't understand that he is being an hypocrite.

So your idea of 'loving your neighbor' is to concede to their every desire and whim?
edit on 4-6-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So your idea of 'loving your neighbor' is to concede to their every desire and whim?

What does that mean?
You do realize that Jesus would have served and DID serve people?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nightrider83

Ok but that's just sugar coating the same message

Not really, because he is selling other products to gay people.

link   

If you come here looking for me to create a cake for a gay wedding from scratch, I regret to inform you that I will not provide that service.

"If you come here looking for me to create a cake for an interracial wedding from scratch, I regret to inform you that I will not provide that service."

That's not the topic, is it?

link   
a reply to: Nightrider83

at the current time, their place is something like one in six hospital beds...
the can of worms is open...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lemmee guess ...

You guys all think the Muslim woman should be forced to wax the transgender woman's balls? After all, it's clear-cut gender discrimination. She waxes every other woman, but won't wax that woman solely on the claims of it being against her deeply held religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

why not just a sign that says...
I don't sell gay wedding cakes, sorry.?

Sounds good, but a lot of people consider 'gay wedding cakes' to define people instead of events.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Really Sherlock?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What does that mean?

Yes, He healed and ministered to sinners. He also told them to go forth and sin no more.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You guys all think the Muslim woman should be forced to wax the transgender woman's balls?

LOL. You're way off the base. Do they provide the service to wax balls?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What does that mean?

Yes, He healed and ministered to sinners. He also told them to go forth and sin no more.

Yep. The baker could have served the gay couple and told them to go forth and sin no more.

Hey! We agreed!

link   

Really Sherlock?

Yes, really. Is there a religious dogma that says a man and woman of different races cannot marry?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see your point and I consider this every bit as similar to the case we have been discussing. As I've said before I can see both sides to the issue. Also thanks for the visuals

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join