It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 4-6-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It isn't. No line. You can run your business any way you want. Your choice to serve anyone you want. Their choice to enter into contract with you. That's what business is, mutual contract.

I offer a service for a price you choose to accept it or go elsewhere. You don't get to dictate what services I offer.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How can a cake be Gay?

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Guess SCOTUS ruled in favor of the Colorado baker who refused to bake a gay wedding cake on religious grounds...

They had too.

Laying the ground work for the constitutional challenges for business to arbitrarily raise the age to buy a firearm.

It's only good if there is universal enforcement concerning CIVIL LIBERTY.

But we all know how inconsistent law enforcement is.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Honestly, he was willing to sell to them, just not design one for them.

How has his business been doing since this started?

I know I respect others' opinions and beliefs. There is an electronics store in town that had a sign that says if you are an NRA member, take your business elsewhere, otherwise he is marking your bill up 1000%. (I do not see how that part is legal) So, needless to say, I do not go there anymore....neither does 65% of his past customers. Weird how that sign went away.

link   

I know I respect others' opinions and beliefs. There is an electronics store in town that had a sign that says if you are an NRA member, take your business elsewhere, otherwise he is marking your bill up 1000%. (I do not see how that part is legal) So, needless to say, I do not go there anymore....neither does 65% of his past customers. Weird how that sign went away.

link   

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

A rainbow is an arch of colors formed in the sky in certain circumstances, caused by the refraction and dispersion of the sun's light by rain or other water droplets in the atmosphere.

OR, it's a sign from God. Hmmmm. How dare those horrible gays steal the rainbow from God fearing people. Boy those gays always get me.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It was a set-up to begin with.

It's never easy to change the course of a river.

😮

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Nothing to worry about,Christians and conservatives won't put gays into
camps.There are some religious factors who will ,but not Christians.

One more thing...if TPTB start to put people into camps,they will put everyone
into camps!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Yeah, I got the sense that it wasn't an issue of not selling to gay customers, but that he didn't want to be involved when it came to the wedding. For example, they could buy all the cakes they wanted, but don't ask him to put two guy candles or whatever on the cake.

I know several bakeries here in my town that won' t make any cake they determine to be "lewd". All that mattes is what their opinion of lewd is...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus the 7 to 2 ruling should not be a surprise at all. The Constitution is pretty clear about religious freedom. Of course it's pretty clear about the Second Amendment not being infringed yet we still infringement all the time.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How can a cake be Gay?

I wonder how one can tell if a cake is gay? Are baker making gay cakes for people who don't want gay cakes?

This could be a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
the 7 to 2 ruling should not be a surprise at all.

I thought it would be more of an ideological split as many recent cases have been.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How can a cake be Gay?

I wonder how one can tell if a cake is gay? Are baker making gay cakes for people who don't want gay cakes?

This could be a conspiracy.

I used to think only cupcakes were Gay.

But I'm more socially conscious now.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

LOL, anyone who thinks that this company would have gone out of business because of gays saying that they wouldn't make a cake for them is smoking crack. The vast majority of people couldn't care less that this company wouldn't bake him a cake and the ones who do would be just as outweighed by the ones who support them not doing so than the ones who don't support them not doing so.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't know if this is good or not.

Sure, people should have the right to have their business how they want it. But where is that line drawn?

My thoughts exactly. I'm a big fan of liberty, but this could have unwanted ramifications.

I think the SCOTUS needs to classify businesses, luxuries and necessities.

If you don't want to bake someone a cake, fine by me.... If you're the last gas station for 30 miles, I don't think you should be able to pick and chose unless someone is unruly.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wonder if a cake, when it is young as a cup cake, makes a decision to be a gay cake or does it have something to do with the mixing/baking process?

Wonder if research funds are available for this?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Well, that's why I said let the free market do that. If the majority doesn't give a crap, then that's how the free market works. Tuck your tail, lick your wounds, and find another baker. It's not that hard.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Commerce, just like sexual partners, should be between consenting adults. Forcing someone to do something against their will is a form of rape.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join