It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Have to Bake a Gay Cake - SCOTUS

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Or Mardi Gras. Girls showing their boobs to guys... for some beads.

Sometimes if you just ask nicely you don't even need the beads. - Regards, Straight Guy.

No wedding cake for you! Regards, cake Nazi.

If homeboy is getting an abundance of free boobs, I somehow doubt he'll be wanting a wedding cake anytime soon... just sayin'.
edit on 4-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: "bobs"? When did I move to Mumbai?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

One is biologically normal while the other is fringe

.... unless you mean statistically speaking?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What if someone corners the market on a specific item?

Would discrimination be legal?

NO

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Tell your wife or daughter to expose their breasts in public, because it's normal. I triple-dog dare you.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Of course the business owners have the right to refuse service to unruly people.
Anyway, where do you draw the line? Let's say for example should the government interfere when it comes to health code? I won't mention anything about handicap access like ramps because obviously if they don't provide that it would drive customers away.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

One is biologically normal while the other is fringe

.... unless you mean statistically speaking?

looks bout right

goodman just standing on the sideline keeping his mouth shut like a good slave should

i think i would have some things to say if abc just took away my paycheck and royalties from my past work just because some white woman looks like a character on a movie

all those actors got their royalty checks taken from them cause vj can not forgive and lacks understanding

and yes gayness is fringe just like gay cakes are fringe

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't know if this is good or not.

Sure, people should have the right to have their business how they want it. But where is that line drawn?

My thoughts exactly. I'm a big fan of liberty, but this could have unwanted ramifications.

I think the SCOTUS needs to classify businesses, luxuries and necessities.

If you don't want to bake someone a cake, fine by me.... If you're the last gas station for 30 miles, I don't think you should be able to pick and chose unless someone is unruly.

The 'line' is constantly moving. Now a little back the other way a bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Tell your wife or daughter to expose their breasts in public, because it's normal. I triple-dog dare you.

sammy bee is that you?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe they just drew it, what also comes into play is the state had anti-discrimination laws that stated you couldn't discriminate based on Sexual/Gender identity.

what happens if a Christian gets denied at a Store from another faith? would the "war on Christian" people accept it quietly?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Bud? You've insulted me deeply and made a powerful enemy today with your hateful bigotry and stereotyping.

Can I make it up to you with a NASCAR poster and a sixer of Coors Lite?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Red heads and southpaws are on the fringe too.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's kind of hard to hide it when you walk in with your betrothed to discuss a wedding cake. Its not uncommon at all for both people to be involved in the decision.

I don't know a single straight guy who wants to be anywhere near having to deal with that kind of stuff.

As a project manager, it baffles me why 2 people need to focus on a single task.

But you are right, they could.

I'd always just imagined that it'd end up like everything else: frequent the shops where "family" are in charge.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I second that! It's very, very normal.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Go to any gay pride parade to see the debauchery on display.

Go to any beach on spring break to see the debauchery on display.

Exactly!

There's plenty of "flashing the goods" in the straight world.

As far as Gay Pride -- Mardi Gras -- and other special events around the world.

link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

what happens if a Christian gets denied at a Store from another faith? would the "war on Christian" people accept it quietly?

You can be sure they would be going nuts over at Fox News.

link   

Straight men brag about their sexual prowess all the time.

Low class knuckle draggers do. Anyone I associate with would walk away and leave them bragging to themselves.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe they just drew it, what also comes into play is the state had anti-discrimination laws that stated you couldn't discriminate based on Sexual/Gender identity.

it is impossible

a christian does not have that same type of resentment as shown here by the couple

if they do then they seek help and forgiveness

no christian would wait 5 yrs just to jack with a workin man

it is because of the operating procedures outlined in the faith called morals

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

a christian does not have that same type of resentment as shown here by the couple

You sure about that? I can name a few on Fox News.

link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Or Mardi Gras. Girls showing their boobs to guys... for some beads. That's the problem with the straight community. Bunch of perverts.

Only straight girls have boobs?

With girls, is it either straight or gay? There aren't shades of gray in between there?

The comparison doesn't really work now, does it?

link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Health code seems appropriate as a condition of a business license, although that is an issue which is not federal and which is handled very differently depending on where you are. The East Coast, for example, prominently displays a letter grade with a synopsis of each quarterly health inspection finding near the door of each business whereas many western states only publish fail/pass grades with differing degrees of reporting breadth on state/muni websites.

I don't draw a line where business owner choices regarding who they will serve is concerned. I am not a member of any group granted unequal special protection under the law. A business could say tomorrow "I won't serve white guys with beards" and I'm SOL... not real sure why anyone who, themselves, receives zero special treatment is going to stand around calling for others to receive it, especially anyone with skin in the game (i.e. business owners who are holding a handful of risks).

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join