It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation mess- or.. What... was... THAT?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
I'm a "sensitive" as well (look it up)!

The thing is 'you' are not any 'particular thing'.
Aware is what you are - simply, the ever present aware space, in which all appears and disappears.

This is silly talk.

Each person is an individual. We are all unique while sharing certain traits of humanity.

This "You are not you" "All is one" nonsense is just New Age religion babble.

It may at first seem like silly talk but look closer.

Are you aware of these words? Are you aware that all characters are unique? Are you aware of thoughts happening, sensations, sound, colours?

You are aware of whatever appears - but you have misidentified yourself as a particular thing that appears.

Well put... Thank you for agreeing w my replies above!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm still working on relaxing each body part at a time technique. I must be an extremely tense dude. I have a lot of tension on my head and other parts of body. I have a energy blockage near my throat chakra that I can't get rid of.

I'm working on it, but it just seems like I never make a breakthrough on these BIG tensions/blockages.

Anyone have a similar experience?

edit on 4-6-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

It was I who mentioned Alan Watts, Sounds of Hinduism. I would certainly discontinue listening to anything that gave you the experience you described. NarcolepticBuddha said it - meditation isn't all love n' lite. I've had some downright scary experiences with meditation. I'm still alive, but I need sometimes long breaks from it. Different strokes. Bottom line: know thyself. Lots of opinions from self-proclaimed experts out there, but not one of them is you, and these people rarely if ever warn you of the very real potential for psychic upheaval. Tell yourself you'll be ok, and you'll be ok. In the words of Douglas Adams: Don't Panic!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sorry I scared you when I appeared to you

You're the rotting corpse of a girl? Ya musta let yourself go something awful.

I'm doing the meditations to get my back from doing whatever it is doing (medically, I'm 'just fine'. YEESH!)- mostly, just really bad levels of pain. I'm not trying to reach higher consciousness, or do much else. Just getting the idiot pain in my back to knockitoff is an accomplishment. I wasn't expecting... ummm.. that weirdness. Or any weirdness, just a way to control the pain a bit when it gets like this.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: wylekat

It was I who mentioned Alan Watts, Sounds of Hinduism. I would certainly discontinue listening to anything that gave you the experience you described. NarcolepticBuddha said it - meditation isn't all love n' lite. I've had some downright scary experiences with meditation. I'm still alive, but I need sometimes long breaks from it. Different strokes. Bottom line: know thyself. Lots of opinions from self-proclaimed experts out there, but not one of them is you, and these people rarely if ever warn you of the very real potential for psychic upheaval. Tell yourself you'll be ok, and you'll be ok. In the words of Douglas Adams: Don't Panic!

It was far less frightening, and more a good solid "WTF?!". I've taken it up to slow down whatever is wrong with my back (doctors say my spine is just peachy. Go figure.) and try to get my cranky self from being so cranky, thanks to the pain. I had just... never experienced that level of effect from trying to meditate. Didn't do anything for my back, tho.

How much worse can the experiences be, I ask stupidly and naively....

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We living beings gather negative/positive energies with our spirits and build from them our lifes/bodies, in things we do, think, feel, experience, consume and so on.

Personally i find out that fasting, drinking allot water, eating only when hungry and eating only fresh foods, vegies, fruits etc, will increase the self healing process and all around increases natural capabilities.

Feeling thankful for every good things, being humble, forgiving, realizing righteousness, peace instead of admiring after things that are actually bad for living beings and i would advice to pray for Heavenly Father for His Peace when you meditate even.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join