It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror strategy: MI5 might share information on 20,000 UK suspects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: DieGloke
And don't pull the "its the labour party" partisan # on me. I am neither a Tory or Labor loyalist.

Assume you may not be from the UK as you cannot spell "Labour". Let me re-phrase... Most parts of the Prevent Strategy have worked and it has been iteratively developed since its launch under Labour. Prevent is about stopping people becoming terrorists, and becoming radicalised.

Except it has been used in cases when it should not be. I have seen it used on teenagers because they have expressed criticism of the Iraq war or the debacle in Syria and Libya. Rightful and lawful views and criticism. Used on children because there parents are BNP supporter or because they are members of environmental organizations. They have been law abiding and shown no other signs or radicalization but been referred for political views they have a RIGHT too.
edit on 4-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: ZIPMATT

Just found this elsewhere, quite timely ...

'Tesco probably knows more about me than GCHQ': Infosec boffins on surveillance capitalism

www.theregister.co.uk...

A relevant article , from a decent website, but it would be better if it contained some further justification for the title especially since its likely quite a true statement . By some reckoning however ,GCHQ or significant others can already purchase or requisition from heavy data harvesters such as the supermarkets
edit on 4-6-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join