It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guatemala Volcano: most violent eruption in decades

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

The scene in Dante's Peak where they're in the pickup trying to outrun the pyroclastic flow isn't all the wrong. You can find videos of people on YouTube trying to outrun flows in vehicles and barely making it. It's scary stuff.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Man those poor people, its really hard watching some of that footage.
Those ash clouds are just incredible, oddly enough it reminds me a lot of the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia 2009(173 fatalities and over 2000 houses gone).
I was living very close to where the fires happened and had a clear view of the smoke column reaching into the upper atmosphere, you could even see multiple lighting strikes in it.
It really looked like a volcano had erupted or perhaps a multi-megaton nuke. Scariest week of my life, watching the Guatemala volcano videos I'm just urging those onlookers to run with what feels like every fibre of my being!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah! The film clip I liked the most was from Japan. There a small SUV was bouncing over the ruts, away from a pyroclastic flow, and others were trying to leg it out along side that same primitive road. The SUV never stopped to pick them up, either. Funny thing was; if they had picked up some more weight, maybe the suspension of that SUV would have let them run off quicker, over those berms.

<< 1   >>

join