It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews is Soaring High - Do Democrats Understand The Implications of This?.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Fox News and CNN are the Keeping Up With The Kardashians of news networks. Nobody should be watching either as they long ago abandoned actual news reporting in favor of slanted "talk show/editorial" based shows, designed to favor opinion presented in over the top idiocy over actual facts.

Most Americans don't watch Fox News or CNN. Most Americans are simply smart enough to know better.
edit on 4-6-2018 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Fox News and CNN are the Keeping Up With The Kardashians of news networks. Nobody should be watching either as they long ago abandoned actual news reporting in favor of slanted "talk show/editorial" based shows, designed to favor opinion presented in over the top idiocy over actual facts.

Most Americans don't watch Fox News or CNN. Most Americans are simply smart enough to know better.

Most watch the Big3+1 broadcast news and primetime propaganda shows.

But Fox does soar like an Eagle.

And Eagles don't need the New York Times and Washington Post on the bottom of their cage.

CNN and MSNBC do because they are just parakeets.

😲

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Polls are fake news.

Unless they say something you like?

Not true. it depends on the methodology, sample size. and desired degree of error, which of course is dependent on the sample size. As for the qualitative interpretation that, like beauty, is in the eye of the beer holder.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Fox News is a pile of garbage. There are one or two decent hosts on there, but overall they are no better than CNN or MSDNC.
Just switch off all that MSM nonsense.
Neilson polls are also garbage - they don't reach all people who might watch content / clips online that are consumed through various sites/platforms.

This whole debate argues that 1.5% of the population viewing a network is better than 1%. Yeah, sure it is, but they are all irrelevant.
edit on 4/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44

originally posted by: Phage
Polls are fake news.

Unless they say something you like?

Not true. it depends on the methodology, sample size. and desired degree of error, which of course is dependent on the sample size. As for the qualitative interpretation that, like beauty, is in the eye of the beer holder.

Well, statistical analysis when used to describe a population only really works if the sample is representative. For the likes of Fox, CNN, MSDNC the sample is skewed massively to certain demographics.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was an avid CNN viewer / listener until the summer of the Michael Brown shooting.

I noticed that what they were reporting was the exact opposite of what was happening in real life. I had that feeling for quite a while and that summer it was cemented.

I've never watched / listened to CNN since.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We'll never see that.

I'd guess that the percentage of people who vote of the Fox viewership is perhaps a bit higher than CNN, but it might not be as high as MSNBC. Take a look at the target market of MSNBC and I'd guess you'd have to agree with that.

My point is that the Internet probably serves 75% to 80% of the "News Consumer Base" at this point. That's why CNN is in trouble. From what I read, most millenials, even after they leave the basement around/about the age of 30, never buy a TV.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Total Information Awareness.

It is easy to know what station a set is tuned to.
It is becoming even easier to know who is watching.

By the way, I could not believe my
eyes when I saw Fox News and NBC
at Denver and JFK airports last week.

No CNN. Stunning.

edit on 5-6-2018 by Wildmanimal because: Add Line

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Spooky.
2nd Line.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I am just playing a devil's advocate here.
Could it because Trump played his base and declare whatever media is fake news and his supporters lap it up?

Not saying that this article is true but if it's true that's my explanation.

Some Trump supporters are too easily swayed.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Millenials don't have cable. Duh. Waste of a story. Of course the old people that still have cable are the people that watch Fox News. Cut the cord, cable sucks.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Don't forget about Pewdiepie's PewNews, the best conservative news show on the Internet Around 5-10 million views a week on YouTube. Decimating CNN and Fox combined.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's the Howard Stern Effect.

Haters boost ratings, and Faux News is reaping those rewards in spades.

edit on 6/5/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you the reason that Cop Rock failed then?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am listening to the Shepard Smith show. That guy should go work for MSNBC or CNN. He is a 100% closed-minded liberal.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

FoxNews is Soaring High - Do Democrats Understand The Implications of This?

I guess I can take a stab at this.

Does it mean that Fox news watchers are as stupid as the non-Fox news watchers, that they love to make fun of for watching "fake news?"

Look at any fact checking site. You will find: 1. All MSM either lie, exaggerate or misguide their viewers, to further their agenda. And 2. Fox news does so more than CNN and many other news networks.

Do you honestly think Fox is some sort of bastion of truth? How hilarious.

Don't accept any news network as the gospel. Also don't assume that somehow, an increase in viewership with Fox, somehow means Trump is doing a "good job." It just means more people who have no actual idea what is happening, thinks Trump is doing a good job.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

"Impression" is what counts in America. If people are impressed by what Donald Trump has accomplished on their behalf, they will vote for him, and for politicians who support his agenda.

Fox News is (for the most part), aligned with President Donald Trump. Donald Trump won the election. Donald Trump is making the world a better place. Naturally, the network that is in Donald Trump's corner will garner the most viewers.

No news outlet is perfect. It's just that FoxNews is on the RIGHT side of the fence at this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join