It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews is Soaring High - Do Democrats Understand The Implications of This?.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I hope you realize that when us “young ones” have to go fight to defend your freedom you will remember all the times you decided to talk crap to those that are willing to give there life to defend your freedom. Maybe that thought itself may change your partisan beliefs.
I may not agree with anything you say but I would give my life to defend you right to say so.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

When did you participate? They monitor by a little device you wear. Or did about two years ago. I think ...maybe three.
We have a history of Nelson participation here.
Did they tell you you couldn't tell anyone?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What are you attempting to say ?

That Fox News has a stranglehold on the demographic that still actually watches cable tv which is why they dominate the cable news ratings. CNN has twice as many clicks on their website as Fox News per month, that's because the older generations watch tv to get their news rather than getting on the internet.

I wonder what the reaction would be if I created a thread saying that CNN is dominating Fox News on the monthly clicks and asking what it means for Fox News and a dying Republican party?
edit on 6/4/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Yeah fox news are asking the hard questions. Like who 6 "millenials" would date, a Trump supporter or a ms13 member.

Something real proud of, to be sure!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Yeah fox news are asking the hard questions. Like who 6 "millenials" would date, a Trump supporter or a ms13 member.

Something real proud of, to be sure!

To be fair on them it was hard work and it did take a long time to find those 6 millenials,

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They poll the households that have their monitors. Each person in the house wears a monitor that picks up the tv and radio signals you are near even in your car or in a store.
Our house was chosen a few years ago. They keep you in the program for a couple of years.
It's an electronic polling. They even pay you ten bucks a month to wear the monitor. Lol.
And you can't lie.

Sounds wonderful.

Sign me up for govt monitoring!

I could use the crumbs.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Do Democrats Understand The Implications of This?

the dems will be happier and healthier by the end of summer because they will have spent their time out in the sunshine, at the beaches, enjoying picnics, camping in the great outdoors... while the republicans will remain inside wired into the tube zombified while their brains are rewired according to the "deep state's" agendas???

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

When did you participate? They monitor by a little device you wear. Or did about two years ago. I think ...maybe three.
We have a history of Nelson participation here.
Did they tell you you couldn't tell anyone?

your posts make Phage look bad, and he's a fellow hater like you. Poor form.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage
The company had changed to Arbitron at the time we were in the program. I believe they've gone back to Neilson again.
We never got a diary ours was monitored electronically. The monitor was motion activated so you had to wear it for it to work. Without motion it turned off. It had to be activated every day but there were days I forgot it. Probably why they took us off.

Arbitron and Neilson are 2 different companies...now a days, your DVR or cable/sat box send data out automatically. The 2 before entioned companies pay your provider for the info and they then dissect it.

BTW, i work for 4 AM and 3 FM radio stations, so i know first hand how ratings work, it is how I get bonuses.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How do you think Neilson gets its data? Do you think they monitor every television set in the country?

I was a "Neilson Family" once. I lied on the diary because it was a pain in the ass.

Extrapolating from sample data does not a poll make.

Usually a poll is considered a measurement of opinion. If anything Nielsen's measurement of media-consumption is a survey, but really its measurement is just that; a measurement.

The sample data is not polled, rather it is measured with actual measuring devices, by now to a large extent by set-top box data from Comcast and others - I forget which - and gone are the days of the simple diary.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Lol. Are you trying to determine election results by who watches what cable news shows? Now THAT is a reach.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

CNN isn't (yet) "dead" as President Trump declared yesterday. Even in its weakened state, CNN is still inadvertently driving people into Trump's corner, just like it did prior to him winning the Presidency.

Do they, though?

I think by now everyone are, by and large, preaching to the choir.

However, from my point of view, CNN does a far better job of appearing unbiased in its coverage simply by having a broader coverage. Fox News coverage can almost be boiled down to fitting one of four categories: something religious, something anti-left, something about crime, something about some amendment - all of which is presented with a overtly conservative slant.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

News Flash!

Nielsen ratings for news shows are almost entirely meaningless. The only people that watch TV News are the retired, near dead, age group. Practically every one under 55 gets their news from the Internet. From what I see on Facebook/Twitter, thats particularly true of Democrats.

It isnt that CNN is near dead....its that TV is near dead. I havent seen the Nielsen ratings but I'd suspect that CNBC and Bloomberg News is doing near as well as Fox.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Phage

How do you think Neilson gets its data? Do you think they monitor every television set in the country?

I was a "Neilson Family" once. I lied on the diary because it was a pain in the ass.

Well when we did it they connect a black box to your set. When did they require you to fill things out 1950s? They hook up the box a week later they replace it with another one and take the box back to see what you were watching. For us it was 1 month for monitoring now even this was about 5 years ago now. So with things like infinity x1 I'm betting they just get the info from comcast now.

Right. Nielsen no longer has to take anyone's word for it. They KNOW what we are watching. It's not a POLL.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

News Flash!

Nielsen ratings for news shows are almost entirely meaningless. The only people that watch TV News are the retired, near dead, age group. Practically every one under 55 gets their news from the Internet. From what I see on Facebook/Twitter, thats particularly true of Democrats.

I would like to see statistics on how many VOTERS watch FOX NEWS vs. how many watch CNN and MSNBC.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Which brings me to an important question for my ATS family... Do you think Democrat voters and party leaders understand that the soaring number of FOX NEWS viewers, indicates their party is in trouble for the upcoming mid-term elections?

-CareWeMust

OR it could be they don't need daily affirmation.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

"Do you think they monitor every television set
in the country?"

Um.
Yes.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

"Do you think they monitor every television set
in the country?"

Um.
Yes.

Well then how do they calculate the number of people viewing TV in places like bars, airports, etc?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Obviously they are avoiding the hard questions, like how many scoops of ice cream the President has for desert.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

This continues to be parroted over and over again on here. You understand that Fox news has the oldest demographic of views compared to the other cable networks?

That's because CNN and MSNBC and PBS and CBS and ABC and NBC won't get off my lawn!

The only network that has a decent haircut and doesn't look like a damned hippy is FOX!

*Shakes cane and angry fist at TV*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join