It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews is Soaring High - Do Democrats Understand The Implications of This?.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
June 3, 2018

Even though there are more LIBERAL news shows on cable TV than there are CONSERVATIVE news shows, the conservative shows on Fox News are leading the pack. Of the 15 most viewed Cable TV news shows, a whopping 10 (70%) of them are on conservative news network, Fox News!

CNN, a liberal favorite for over a decade, is in cardiac arrest.

According to Nielsen, Fox now has 10 of the top 15 cable news shows and has maintained nearly two years of beating every other cable channel for total daily viewers.

CNN on the other hand has lost nearly 25% of its viewers. These numbers caught the attention of President Trump who declared that Fox News' rival CNN is "dead".

Source: townhall.com...

CNN isn't (yet) "dead" as President Trump declared yesterday. Even in its weakened state, CNN is still inadvertently driving people into Trump's corner, just like it did prior to him winning the Presidency.

Yeah.. Like President Trump, I also detest CNN, but I understand that their HATE for this President, actually helps him, and the Republican party overall.

Which brings me to an important question for my ATS family... Do you think Democrat voters and party leaders understand that the soaring number of FOX NEWS viewers, indicates their party is in trouble for the upcoming mid-term elections?

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/3/2018 by carewemust because: minor title adjustment

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Polls are fake news.

Unless they say something you like?

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Polls are fake news.

Unless they say something you like?

Are Nielsen Research ratings based on polling data?

edit on 6/4/2018 by carewemust because: spelling

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Um.
Yes.

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Um.
Yes.

If I'm Neilsen corp, and see that you're watching Tucker Carlson on Fox News right now, that's a poll?
Come on Phage. You're grasping at straws now.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

How do you think Neilson gets its data? Do you think they monitor every television set in the country?

I was a "Neilson Family" once. I lied on the diary because it was a pain in the ass.

edit on 6/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

the conservative shows on Fox News are leading the pack. Of the 15 most viewed Cable TV news shows

This continues to be parroted over and over again on here. You understand that Fox news has the oldest demographic of views compared to the other cable networks? You also understand that this demographic, the babyboomers and older GenXers, are the old demographic sticking with Cable news and AM radio. The rest of the younger generations are moving on to other sources of media, mainly online.

Fox News’s biggest problem isn’t the Ailes ouster, it’s that its average viewer is a dinosaur

The median age of a primetime Fox News viewer is 68, according to Nielsen. That means half of the channel’s viewers are older than 68. CNN’s median primetime viewer

What happens when you're left with mainly older generations in your segment? You have shows that will appeal to the older way of thinking.

Why 2017 was the year Cable News Died.

So I guess you can celebrate that you're ending up with the most leftovers?

Context is always important.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
RT is where it’s at! 🔥🔥🔥💥☄️⛄️💨

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to think that the gov, whom has always controlled the media, all of the sudden lost control of it beacuse Trump was elected.
Like the d/r's are two different govs.

It's controlled oposition and re-election insurance imo.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Addd 2

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I read that article last year about millions of Americans "cutting the cord" and using online methods for watching TV.

Since America is gaining millions of older adults every year, and the President is over 68, what difference does it make if FoxNews viewers are older?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

How do you think Neilson gets its data? Do you think they monitor every television set in the country?

I was a "Neilson Family" once. I lied on the diary because it was a pain in the ass.

No. Just representative samples. Didn't they get rid of that written diary last century?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather
RT is where it’s at! 🔥🔥🔥💥☄️⛄️💨

Why are people getting hooked on using initials and abbreviations, instead of spelling out the words? "RT" could be so many things. Re-Tweet? Rusty Toilet? Reality Television? Which RT are you referring to, J&H?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Just representative samples
You mean a poll?

Didn't they get rid of that written diary last century?
No. I did it about 7 or 8 years ago.

edit on 6/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

OHHH pish posh man. FOX, MSNBC, CNN and ABC are all fake news. You have clearly picked your poison so have fun listening to propaganda.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OMG! Uncommon honesty...did you really just admit that you lie for convenience?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What are you saying ?
Older folks dont count ?
Older folks cant be Liberals ? We were some of the first wave.
What are you attempting to say ?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, part of the problem. Liar.

Phage Lies!!!

lol. He admits!

Lock him up!!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Well when we did it they connect a black box to your set. When did they require you to fill things out 1950s? They hook up the box a week later they replace it with another one and take the box back to see what you were watching. For us it was 1 month for monitoring now even this was about 5 years ago now. So with things like infinity x1 I'm betting they just get the info from comcast now.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

They poll the households that have their monitors. Each person in the house wears a monitor that picks up the tv and radio signals you are near even in your car or in a store.
Our house was chosen a few years ago. They keep you in the program for a couple of years.
It's an electronic polling. They even pay you ten bucks a month to wear the monitor. Lol.
And you can't lie.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
The company had changed to Arbitron at the time we were in the program. I believe they've gone back to Neilson again.
We never got a diary ours was monitored electronically. The monitor was motion activated so you had to wear it for it to work. Without motion it turned off. It had to be activated every day but there were days I forgot it. Probably why they took us off.
edit on 642018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join