It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man shoots, kills would-be burglars at his home, police say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Whatever... my "worthless pride" and my "cheap crap" is worth more to me than some dipsnip's life. No, Virginia, I don't care about the two idiots' lives in this scenario.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Whatever... my "worthless pride" and my "cheap crap" is worth more to me than some dipsnip's life. No, Virginia, I don't care about the two idiots' lives in this scenario.

This has been an enlightening conversation.

Virginia here is a little heartbroken.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I would have done the same thing.

Sucks to be a lousy shot Home invader.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No. his friend was outside and he shot to protect. prosecuter wont touch him.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I want direct access to doctors and medical facilities without the insurance middleman.

Guns are not the problem.

Placing the blame for societal decay at the base of an object, regardless of what it is, is analogous to sticking your head in the sand.

We have terrible healthcare. What do you wanna bet that if we fixed that and helped people get mental healthcare and support instead of throwing law enforcement and gun control laws at the problem, we may actually make a dent in the violence problem our society appears to have.

Healthy people don't go on shooting sprees. Unhealthy individuals makes an unhealthy society.

Health care, education, economic liberty, and ending the war on drugs would do more for violence in our nation than any restriction on any gun.
edit on 4 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I want direct access to doctors and medical facilities without the insurance middleman.

Guns are not the problem.

Placing the blame for societal decay at the base of an object, regardless of what it is, is analogous to sticking your head in the sand.

We have terrible healthcare. What do you wanna bet that if we fixed that and helped people get mental healthcare and support instead of throwing law enforcement and gun control laws at the problem, we may actually make a dent in the violence problem our society appears to have.

Healthy people don't go on shooting sprees. Unhealthy individuals makes an unhealthy society.

Health care, education, economic liberty, and ending the war on drugs would do more for violence in our nation than any restriction on any gun.

You got my vote, on all accounts. Couldn't have said it better.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Let's say this discussion was purely centered on his belongings. Why, even then, should any homeowner "run and hide?" People work hard for their earnings and what they own. I see zero reason why any man should be expected to walk away when someone who has no legitimate claim to their property is assuming the right to steal it. In my esteem, that is absolutely 100% warrant to use whatever force is needed to defend the sanctity of what you spent years worth of blood, sweat, and tears working towards. I wouldn't live in a state that didn't allow me the full right to defend my property, not to mention my life.

Oh I agree as somebody thats had my truck broken into and stuff stolen in my driveway and its a nice neighborhood,insurance didn't cover everything and it was a big hairy pain in the azz as some work stuff was stolen. My rule axe handle when I have to check outside, but locked and loaded inside. I got family to worry about ...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Let's say this discussion was purely centered on his belongings. Why, even then, should any homeowner "run and hide?" People work hard for their earnings and what they own. I see zero reason why any man should be expected to walk away when someone who has no legitimate claim to their property is assuming the right to steal it. In my esteem, that is absolutely 100% warrant to use whatever force is needed to defend the sanctity of what you spent years worth of blood, sweat, and tears working towards. I wouldn't live in a state that didn't allow me the full right to defend my property, not to mention my life.

Oh I agree as somebody thats had my truck broken into and stuff stolen in my driveway and its a nice neighborhood,insurance didn't cover everything and it was a big hairy pain in the azz as some work stuff was stolen. My rule axe handle when I have to check outside, but locked and loaded inside. I got family to worry about ...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I don't know. Generation after generation is raised to believe you don't need to carry a 6 shooter to keep yourself alive here. It feels like 100 years ago like the wild west.

At least we agree on healthcare?

You don't understand the why behind the vast majority of firearm carriers in the US--this much is obvious. And I'm not certain that any attempt to explain it would fall on eager ears, so I'll just leave it at that and say that it's our choice to do so, and it's generally not without an in-depth understanding of what comes along with the burden of choosing to carry a firearm.

Also, the "Wild West:" You seem to be basing your view on silly spaghetti westerns and movies based on hyperboles. It would do you well to research what it was really like in the "Wild West" concerning guns before you make such claims.

Here, I'll get you started: 10 Misconceptions About Guns in the Wild West.

(This one has some interesting info, too)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Sad thing is, though, that MALBOSIA can't seem to comprehend the simple reality that the use of the firearm nor the justification of its use per state law had anything to do with stuff or pride--it was about defending one's self and the life of his friend (who was in the direction that the two...dipsnips...were running) against the obvious assault on their lives.

Said assault by the dipsnips was their choice to do--they earned the result because THEY cared too much about snippy cheap crap made in China.

MALBOSIA has it bass ackwards, but keeps doubling down. It's the epitome of willful ignorance and ideological bias.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join