It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee man shoots, kills would-be burglars at his home, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The homeowner, who asked to not be named, told FOX13 he was walking into his home in Memphis when he encountered the two alleged burglars, identified as 28-year-old Azell Witherspoon and 17-year-old Demond Robinson. He was returning home from the barber shop and found the door pried open.

“[The suspect] picked up his weapon, turned around and points them at me…two pistols,” the homeowner recalled.

The suspects allegedly began shooting when the man’s friend ran outside. When the suspects dashed out of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun and began firing.

Source: Tennessee man shoots, kills would-be burglars at his home, police say

This was definitely a case of self defense. When he stumbled across them in his house, they fired upon him. He was able to evade them and barely get out it seems before they left the house, again in his direction. Being that they were at that point a proven deadly threat, and not knowing if they would again fire on him, he fortunately has his own protection on hand to retaliate in kind. Hitting and killing them both before they could shoot at him a second time.

So far, the Memphis LEO have not charged the homeowner for the killings. And, if the story proves to be true, then I do not think he should be charged.

This is another reason U.S. citizens have the right to keep and bear arms for self protection. Waiting for the police to arrive would more likely meant them cordoning off the murder scene, and outlining the homeowner's dead body to begin the investigation.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
2 more win the ambient temperature challenge.

Good riddance.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Azell and Demond. Hmmm.

After an appropriate period of consideration: Good riddance to two people who probably didn't have a lot to contribute to society.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

The homeowner, who asked to not be named, told FOX13 he was walking into his home in Memphis when he encountered the two alleged burglars, identified as 28-year-old Azell Witherspoon and 17-year-old Demond Robinson. He was returning home from the barber shop and found the door pried open.

“[The suspect] picked up his weapon, turned around and points them at me…two pistols,” the homeowner recalled.

The suspects allegedly began shooting when the man’s friend ran outside. When the suspects dashed out of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun and began firing.

This was definitely a case of self defense. When he stumbled across them in his house, they fired upon him. He was able to evade them and barely get out it seems before they left the house, again in his direction. Being that they were at that point a proven deadly threat, and not knowing if they would again fire on him, he fortunately has his own protection on hand to retaliate in kind. Hitting and killing them both before they could shoot at him a second time.

So far, the Memphis LEO have not charged the homeowner for the killings. And, if the story proves to be true, then I do not think he should be charged.

This is another reason U.S. citizens have the right to keep and bear arms for self protection. Waiting for the police to arrive would more likely meant them cordoning off the murder scene, and outlining the homeowner's dead body to begin the investigation.

This is the only reason law abiding Americans use their guns anymore. It's not protect their constitution, it's to protect their stuff and and their pride.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

This is the only reason law abiding Americans use their guns anymore. It's not protect their constitution, it's to protect their stuff and and their pride.

You seem to have forgotten the most important thing to protect.....their LIFE.

But then you knew that didn't you, but you just couldn't bring yourself to openly admit that "little bitty detail", could you.

I certainly hope you never have to face this same situation. Because pleading for your life will likely end up with you dead and your family mourning (or worse).

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Oh, it's you.

Tell us what happened when you were shot at.

P

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I had a drywall hatchet in my hand before he could pull his gun out of the front of his pants. The only shot came from me and he ran bleeding with his gun. True story. Since you asked.

I see your point but I live in a country where police have guns, criminals have guns and nobody is affraid.

I know, a hard concept to grasp... I get it.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

But then you knew that didn't you, but you just couldn't bring yourself to openly admit that "little bitty detail", could you.

I certainly hope you never have to face this same situation. Because pleading for your life will likely end up with you dead and your family mourning (or worse).

You live in #ty country if that's what your afraid of. And if you had guns during the entire history of your country and this is the fate of your country then it is of little suprise.

Bunch of fruitcakes

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You live in #ty country if that's what your afraid of. And if you had
guns during the entire history of your country and this is the fate of your country then it is of little suprise.

Bunch of fruitcakes

We thank you for your wise and insightful assessment of a country you really know nothing about. It truly shows your lack of education and intelligence.

I'll bet you are a shining example of the people of your nation. Rude, crude, and downright insulting.

edit on 6/4/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I had a drywall hatchet in my hand before he could pull his gun out of the front of his pants. The only shot came from me and he ran bleeding with his gun. True story. Since you asked.

I see your point but I live in a country where police have guns, criminals have guns and nobody is affraid.

wait a minute, you live in a place where you have had to shoot a person, but you aren't allowed to have a gun, and you talk # about the US? I don't understand. I have never had to pull out my weapon, let alone fire it at someone.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Irrelevant post, deleted.
edit on 4-6-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

wait a minute, you live in a place where you have had to shoot a person, but you aren't allowed to have a gun, and you talk # about the US? I don't understand. I have never had to pull out my weapon, let alone fire it at someone.

I never shot a person. I was home invaded and the police response here to someone using a gun to rob people is epic. I don't need a gun.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

... This is the only reason law abiding Americans use their guns anymore. It's not protect their constitution, it's to protect their stuff and and their pride.

WOW! Is that a massive example of progressive denial?

The guy walked into his own home, found intruders and was fired upon by the intruders. They tried to kill him.

The homeowner fires back to actually and literally defend his life, but the progressive see "stuff and pride."

I just don't know what to say. You simply can't answer that kind of thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You live in #ty country if that's what your afraid of. And if you had
guns during the entire history of your country and this is the fate of your country then it is of little suprise.

Bunch of fruitcakes

We thank you for your wise and insightful assessment of a country you really know nothing about. It truly shows your lack of education and intelligence.

I'll bet you are a shining example of the people of your nation. Rude, crude, and downright insulting.

You can judge a country by the way it treats its criminals. "Good riddance" is shinning example of the type of people that live in the US.

The incident I spoke of was decades ago. The perp that would have been dead in the US turned his life around and works with at-risk youth and has 2 kids of his own.

Have you heard of rehabilitation? It's this new concept we are trying out. Amazing stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

... This is the only reason law abiding Americans use their guns anymore. It's not protect their constitution, it's to protect their stuff and and their pride.

The guy walked into his own home, found intruders and was fired upon by the intruders. They tried to kill him.

The homeowner fires back to actually and literally defend his life, but the progressive see "stuff and pride."

I guess if your a criminal that has good reason to believe the person he is robbing is armed and if you were to get caught robbing with a gun it would be a very long sentance you would be far more desperate and violent.

You want criminals to feel pain by bullet or prison. Your criminals respond equally. The tougher you act, the tougher your criminals act.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Apparently, not only is this a story about how our 2nd amendment right can be used to protect ourselves, it's also one of dumb luck.

“I just let loose, not knowing it hit both of them,” he said. “My life is the last thing anyone wants to take.”

"Just let loose"?

This man must not have been properly trained to fire his weapon. You just don't "let loose", not knowing what you are firing at. One one hand, stories like this show why our right is important. On the other, it shows the lack of responsibility and training people have.

So this sounds good on the surface, for those trying to push the "good guy with a gun" narrative, but in the end it's bittersweet, because the "good guy" was also an idiot.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I guess if your a criminal that has good reason to believe the person he is robbing is armed and if you were to get caught robbing with a gun it would be a very long sentance you would be far more desperate and violent.

You want criminals to feel pain by bullet or prison. Your criminals respond equally. The tougher you act, the tougher your criminals act.

So, by extrapolation, if I walk into my house an a burglar is in the house stealing my stuff and he pulls out a gun and shoots at me, I should not "act tough." Maybe I should amble over the the fridge and pull out a jug of milk and a grab a plate of cookies from the pantry and invite the burglar to sit down to milk and cookies.

And when the burglar who just fired a gun at me with intent to kill sees that I am not acting "tough," but am being all kind and friendly, he'll put down his gun and sit down to milk and cookies and we'll all be friends and live happily ever after.

Like I said, typical progressive reasoning. You try that out and let us all know how it works out for you, ok?

You really can't make this stuff up...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
... So this sounds good on the surface, for those trying to push the "good guy with a gun" narrative, but in the end it's bittersweet, because the "good guy" was also an idiot.

But he's a living idiot.

The other two are dead idiots.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
... So this sounds good on the surface, for those trying to push the "good guy with a gun" narrative, but in the end it's bittersweet, because the "good guy" was also an idiot.

But he's a living idiot.

The other two are dead idiots.

Absolutely.

Alive because of dumb luck, but alive nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You really can't make this stuff up...

You just did. You just created a strawman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join