It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Police shoot rampaging man in Berlin Cathedral

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How about we stop worrying about the protected rignts and laws of other countries and get back on topic?

As far as this incident goes, it seems pretty minor and no worthy of front page news. One thing every country in the world has is an endless supply of morons and crazy people.

edit on 2018/6/3 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

honestly i don't think the police were needed here, it was just a fight and nothing more, it probably wasn't even news worthy .

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I’m still not following your logic... what are you saying? Are you disagreeing with something I said?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

In the wild, wild west, you never know which side the cops are on. Best to avoid them at all costs.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
@JoshuaCox

‘B) people planning on going on a rampage find the best weapon they can gain access to before going on their rampage..’

No, not really.

The one Muslim van attack, the guy had a gun. Used the van and then used the gun on himself. People don’t use the best weapon they use the weapon they want. That’s why you don’t see pressure cookers going off in schools.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen.

The topic of this thread is not guns in the United States. It is about an attacker in the Berlin Cathedral.

Going forward please post on topic, and that topic, alone.

Do Not Respond To This Post.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Information is scant at the moment but there are report's of an incident were a rampaging man has been shot by police inside the Berlin Cathedral.
The police have cordoned the area off which is actually standard procedure in any such incident anywhere in the world.

There is no indication as yet for the motive behind this man's rampage if indeed he had a motive and if anyone other than him has been injured.

Let's hope no one has been injured the world is bad enough without more victim's to add to the pile.

German Police shoot rampaging man in Berlin Cathedral

I have no opinion other than that I hope this is not in any way terrorist related but given the world we live in I would not be surprised if it does turn out to be of that category.

Well done mate, you have clearly learnt the cost of having an opinion on the internet, very diplomatic, hear hear!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

That the “good guy with a gun “ scenerio is the exception. Not the rule.

I’m not sure it makes sense to plan on the ultra long shot.

If our options are the the attacker having a knife or hoping for a “good guy with a gun” I’m betting the math says you are about 1,000 times better against the guy with a knife.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Only because he didn’t have access to more than a hand gun I bet.

In that specific scenerio a van was the more deadly weapon.. atleast more deadly than the fire arm he had access to.

If homie had the choice between an AK and a van. I doubt he picks the van..

But a van can be more deadly than a six shot revolver during an open air market.

If someone wants to go inside a building. Then that dynamic instantly changes.

So I think it is still VERY fair to say that every attack in recorded history the attacker picked the best weapon available.

I doubt anyone in history, on the eve of a murderous rampage decided “ well I could take the RPG, but man this switchblade sure would be vintage.. screw it im taking the switchblade”..

Lol

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: LABTECH767
Maybe since jesus is considered a primary prophet of god in Islam too it would be considered sacrilege???

Maybe in the west but certainly not places like Egypt and Jordon. Churches are very often targets in those countries.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

If you’re a good guy, you should get a gun. Then you won’t have to just hope.

I haven’t looked at any updates, but wasn’t this guy stopped by a good guy with a gun?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Unfortunately... in real life, it rarely seems to work that way.

You do realize there are more gun free zones than open carry or concealed carry zones , right ?
Could that be a factor ?
Naw, that would go against the foreign national and liberal narrative.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ouch, the Berlin cathedral is a painful place to be shot.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

It actually goes both ways, there have been attack's on church congregations and also on Islamic faithful on there way to and from prayer as well as upon there places of prayer and while sometime's it has been religiously motivated or sectarian or ideological is has ALWAYS been extremist.

Of course there are extremists in all faith's and ideology's.

Thankfully though this situation was resolved with no fatality's, the German police showed perfect restraint in NOT shooting the guy dead even though one officer was injured in the incident and the guy in question can now receive the appropriate treatment for his mental break down.

At least this one ended as good as it could.

Since many have jumped onto the sectarian view this is worth watching, 'this is not aimed at you' but those others whom have those opinion's which to my shame I once shared to a great degree.

I am not from the US and this was a set up scenario but this soldier represents the best in US culture and society.

I am often reminded when I pray the rosary about how the infant Jesus his mother and his protector had to flee as refugee's with little other than the cloths' on there back into a strange country with strange way's and how much we in the west seem to have forgotten that lesson in recent year's and how we see difference as dangerous with an almost herd mentality.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
All this and no-one speaks about the REAL problem yesterday?

Hamburgs airport closed down COMPLETELY as a tripped surge breaker resulted in a cascade-error dropping power over the whole of the airport - emergency powers reserved for security measures only, and those were (of course) not the luggage belts, the computer systems in check-in or anything else customer-related.

Okay.

Go home people, no flights today. And only some on monday, too..

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why is this idiot still alive?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Our Polizei did a good job on this one. It just proofes what I wrote some weeks ago:

Shooting the legs is not that difficult and is an option for our police. You don´t need to pour a magazine into someone wielding the knife.

In some ways and cases this procedure is much worse to the criminal. They will be procecuted and serve jailtime. But that´s not the real punishment... He may have pain and walking difficulties for the rest of his life. Especially if the criminal was on a rampage and didn´t intent to survive.

Victims and / or their relatives will know that the criminal will face punishment instead of the intended "take ya all with me". Although it undo´s nothing, they can be sure it wasn´t the easy way out for the scumbag(s).

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.fox4now.com...

What do you think? Is this a comparable incident?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: japhrimu
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Or it would’ve been stopped by a good guy with a gun,.

A good guy with a gun is also called a policeman in the civilized part of the world.....i don't know how it is over there in the wild wild west.

No, actually, here in Texas; that "good person" is called a Texan.
And we ain't the "wild wild west"!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join