It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Police shoot rampaging man in Berlin Cathedral

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Information is scant at the moment but there are report's of an incident were a rampaging man has been shot by police inside the Berlin Cathedral.
The police have cordoned the area off which is actually standard procedure in any such incident anywhere in the world.

There is no indication as yet for the motive behind this man's rampage if indeed he had a motive and if anyone other than him has been injured.

Let's hope no one has been injured the world is bad enough without more victim's to add to the pile.

German Police shoot rampaging man in Berlin Cathedral

I have no opinion other than that I hope this is not in any way terrorist related but given the world we live in I would not be surprised if it does turn out to be of that category.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Hoping for the best, when it comes to the injured.

Got nothing to add really.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
He was rampaging and got shot in the leg after he tried to attack the cops.

I guess alcohol compared with too much sun, MSM says mentally confused.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

An update from the BBC, there is no indication of terrorist relation to the incident and it appears to have just been a guy who was a bit crazy, no fatality's he was shot in the leg by police but he was wielding a knife.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sound's most likely mental health related.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Thank God no one has been killed, he obviously needs to be detained for mental health assessment.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes, for sure he is lucky that he is still alive, in some countries you would not survive the same situation.
It was by the way a 53 years old man from Austria, as i read right now.

(post by ErrorErrorError removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Or it would’ve been stopped by a good guy with a gun, pretty much nobody talks about it, and life goes on, like it does in thousands of cases in the USA.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

Or it would’ve been stopped by a good guy with a gun...

Just like your typical Hollywood movie... The "good guy" always stops the "bad guy".

Unfortunately... in real life, it rarely seems to work that way.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Just like your typical Hollywood movie... The "good guy" always stops the "bad guy".

In real life in the USA the chances of someone stopping a shooter/stabber is "moderate to high". It is up to law enforcement or a trained law abiding armed citizen or anyone with courage and the will to stop it.

The chances are fair game and just because the media says "there aren't as many good guys with guns to stop a mass shooter or any crazy lunatic" doesn't mean it's true.

edit on 3-6-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Or it would’ve been stopped by a good guy with a gun,.

A good guy with a gun is also called a policeman in the civilized part of the world.....i don't know how it is over there in the wild wild west.

edit on 3-6-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I'm not arguing with you dude... I've learn't a lot from being raised on Hollywood movies.

In the US, the "good guy" always wins... right?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I’m not talking about a movie...
What other way happens more often?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

In real life in the USA the chances of someone stopping a shooter/stabber is "moderate to high". It is up to law enforcement or a trained law abiding armed citizen or anyone with courage and the will to stop it.

The chances are fair game and just because the media says "there aren't as many good guys with guns to stop a mass shooter or any crazy lunatic" doesn't mean it's true.

Bull crap. Just because you own a gun doesent mean you are going to stop a school shooting with it. You need training to handle that kind of situation. Unless you are brainwashed to think that Hollywood movies are based on real life and that one guy with a gun can save the day
edit on 3-6-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

If you don’t know, you shouldn’t say, “”In the USA, this would have been a bloodbath...”
edit on 6/3/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

You are brainwashed. We have had one guy (not talking about police) save the day COUNTLESS times. (literally)

Eta: you CAN count, but it wouldn’t be accurate.
edit on 6/3/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That’s a really interesting point you kinda touched on...

Assuming Islamic terrorists are mainly motivated by religion. Why don’t they ever attack church’s/mega churches?!?!

In most cases they are incredibly soft targets and there would be no better way to portray that “my god is better than your god.”

Except for the white suprimist who attacked the black church. I can’t think of anytime a terrorist targeted a church.. atleast not in a western country..

Maybe since jesus is considered a primary prophet of god in Islam too it would be considered sacrilege???

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Which happens what percent of the time exactly??

5%???

Maybe 10%??

So 19-20 times it would be a bloodbath of innocent people, but don’t fret..

1-20 times a good guy with a gun would have stopped it.. usually after a few deaths , but avoiding a total bloodbath..

Lol

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
from what i gather, there was a fight between two people and it got out of hand, there was no "rampage".

edit on 3-6-2018 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What are you saying?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join