It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinions are being Used against you: Cataloged & Recorded to Control & Manipulate You.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Well - my thoughts and my words don't always sync up as well as I'd like.

Usually it gets me in trouble. But, sometimes it gets me promoted.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In this day and age, the worst thing you could probably do if you have something to hide, is not have an active presence on Face Book, or whatever.

One thing I've learn't from randomly looking up old school friends on Face Book in the past, is that if you don't have a presence their, then your either a total introvert and/or anti-social loner, or your an obvious hardcore criminal.

More to the point though... I would personally be extremely surprised and highly amused, if their was actually someone shifting though my thousands of posts I've made on the internet , for the purpose of psychoanalyzing me.

Firstly, I'm simply not that important... Secondly, I'm pretty much an open book and would basically just tell them whatever they wanted to know about me if they directly asked.

Some times I kinda feel left out... Not having any deep dark secrets, that I don't want anyone knowing about... lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I would think they would use it more for a potential criminality profile rather than blackmailing you. Pre-emptive crime will be a real thing in the future, they will force us idiots to ask for it piece by piece.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I will own all of my opinions, however, some have them have changed over time. I am a Conservative leaning libertarian.

I have what I call F-you money so I don’t really need others approval in life, but if I was a traditional working stiff I would definitely be concerned if my employer or some SJW used my political ideology against me.

If I were a Progressive I wouldn’t have the same worries since PC culture is so ubiquitous right now.
edit on 2018/6/3 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Your Opinions are being Used against you: Cataloged & Recorded to Control & Manipulate You.

You ain't just a whistling dixie there.

The genesis of law is based on OPINION used to manipulate and control you.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Many of us are so old we do not give a crap about what some government agency thinks anymore as we do not have to suck up to get a job someplace..

That's the main reason I remain a member here. You can't find a more mature forum with quality sage advice on so many topics.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: introvert

That's what all of the intellectuals said recently in Turkey.

Turns out Erdogan proved them wrong.

Just sayin'

Good thing all my replys reflect a personality opposite of "intellectual".
If some PTB where out to get nimcompoops, rambling fools or mental incompetents than I may have something to worry about.
Then again there was Nazi Germany and Eugenics. Hmmm....
I may have something to worry about after all
Come to think of it I might be screwed

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm not worried about them data mining ATS at all.

Good luck to any agency ambitious enough to even begin figuring out how to analyze my threads lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

A simple IP address would overcome that hurdle real quick -that can be hacked IRS got hacked ..VA ect ect.

a reply to: TerryDon79

IP Address Tracing = Another Twitter Sensation !!

🥁💥🚬

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It does not matter that we use anonymous information on this website. There is a reason this web board has lower security features than average. The real identity of every member here is already known to those who monitor it. Perhaps even to one or two of the admins.

That don't matter though unless your planning a crime, because we are still all anonymous to each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I'm not worried about them data mining ATS at all.

Good luck to any agency ambitious enough to even begin figuring out how to analyze my threads lol.

Or responses.

In the spirit of transperancy, so as to make their jobs of data mining easier [LOL], I have a confession:

From 2006 on, I have had a total of 5 usernames here spanning 5 different g-mail accounts. They all have the same perspectives on the issues, just different attitudes, or ways of presenting those views, from one user to the next. One is passive, one has no filter, one comes across as more educated in thought and artictulation, etc.....

Data mine that.

They were all just exercises meant to hone my creative writing abilities, cloaked in the lie that I actually care so much about issues that I will post my opinions on them on the internet within the delusion that they actually matter. The only exception to that was a period of time when I was getting personal about something. That was the only "real" thing I ever did here.

TBH, I think the whole selling point here that you can be annonymous to post your thoughts on government conspiricies is outdated. Anyone who knows even just the basics of the internet knows there is no such thing as anonymity in internet land.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peacetime
Cool. But they don't care unless your planning a crime, so your good.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ok so ATS is only one venue let now multiply by all the comments and posts and focus on one general topic lets say what people think of the recent Irish referendum about abortion it was an overwhelming yes to change their Constitution So analyzing Posts and comments an organization could and does change its narrative to approach the subject in a softer or harder view and also tackle opposing opinions via manipulating the focus of discussion.... modern media i suppose.

Also look at what is happening NOW in the news with previous posts on blogs or comments where people are chastised & used today as a tool for pushing an agenda pretty interesting id say, have we seen this before or is it a trending precedent? take Oprah's Comments on Jesus & a generation of old white people dyeing made years ago her publicist is defending those comments even today and that comment was made in 2013

So do you see the trend I'm talking about better now ? Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My thoughts? I'm over sixty, I do not care if someone does not like my opinion. They have their right to theirs, I have my right to mine. If you let someone intimidate you using Ad Hominum techniques, they will always keep you on the run. I know more than I did years ago, hell, I know more today than I did yesterday. My opinion and knowledge is always evolving because of what I learn. But I will verify what others say or what science says before altering my understanding of things. You have to look at things from many ways to find the reality in them. Evidence is provided a lot by people that is not even relevant. I guess doing so is socially acceptable these days, it would have been frowned on when I was in high school and college.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Peacetime
Cool. But they don't care unless your planning a crime, so your good.

Yeah, I do know there are keywords they look for. There is no way an agency is going to go through every single word written. The NSA has their set, Kellog has theirs, Monsanto, etc.....All for the purpose of advertising for the purpose of making more money.

They don't care what you think. They care what you buy.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No one cares enough about your opinion to record it and use it against you/manipulate you. They only care about your history, as it relates to potential ads that can be shown to you during your time on the web.

That they will record. That they care about.

No one is going to hold you accountable for the meaningless things you say as an anonymous internet boob.

Are you sure about that?

There's no telling what insidious intent they have brewing behind the curtain. I personally don't think it's "only" about which ads they show you. YMMV

I was a little surprised when I looked and saw in back and white what they perceived my political affiliation to be.

www.nbc26.com...

Users have become more and more aware of Facebook tracking your personal data, with many now taking steps to better secure their information on the social media site.

Most recently, online users have become more aware of the fact that Facebook keeps track of what it thinks your political affiliation is, based on what you post and what posts and pages you like.

edit on 3-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't think you can even fathom how much data is created on the internet every single day. Having some friends that work in government I already know it's a bureaucratic nightmare in there. You think they care about your take on the state of things? Trust me, you aren't important. Are there some buzzwords that might send an alert here and there? Perhaps. But it's going to take some real specific combinations there. Advertisers, sure, but even then, that's all auto-run scripts.

Just for an example on content (2017 data, no doubt insanely higher now)...

456,000 tweets
4,146,600 youtube views
15,220,700 texts sent
527,760 snapchat photos sent (snapchat!!! really?)
3,607,080 google searches
2,657,700 gb of internet data (from Americans alone)

Every. Single. Minute.
It's basically impossible to even imagine, much less sort through.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have had my posts stolen from ATS and posted on sites.

Here is an example,

www.worldpronews.com...

I only post at ATS, they stole that exact post from me and made a page.

ATS should lawsuit them, it is ATS content that they are stealing.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I usually don't care about the government tracking me because I'm not up to anything. But it did give me pause when Google the other day started popping up on my phone every time I speak to my Android with a little message saying that they are recording my voice.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 6/3/2018 by carewemust because: ATS must be getting busy again

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join