It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals and gun control, the fatal attraction that puts Republicans in office

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: soundguy

No what you mean is you want to DE normalize the people on the right.

The Right's views on keeping and beating arms has been normal for as long as this country has existed.

Jaden

It is the one reason that this country exists.
Just think if the British had banned firearms in the US back then....

edit on 6/3/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: soundguy

No what you mean is you want to DE normalize the people on the right.

The Right's views on keeping and beating arms has been normal for as long as this country has existed.

Jaden

It is the one reason that this country exists.
Just think if the British had banned firearms in the US back then....

Actually if I got my history right - The British were attrmpting to disarm the colonists just before the Revolution

- Another reason for the American Revolution.

WHEN THE REDCOATS CONFISCATED GUNS

"The Post's May 9 news analysis on militias and America's revolutionary heritage quotes colonial historian Rosemarie Zagarri as stating that the British "didn't try to disarm" the Americans and never "prohibited the colonists from bearing or owning arms." Reality was quite the contrary, as I have documented in my 1989 book "A Right to Bear Arms" and in a University of Dayton Law Review article, "Encroachments of the Crown on the Liberty of the Subject: Pre-Revolutionary Origins of the Second Amendment" (Fall 1989).

As British troops sailed to Boston in 1768, the Boston Gazette reported that the ministry commanded things "more grievous to the people, than any thing hitherto made known," the first of which was "that the inhabitants of this Province are to be disarmed." By 1774, the British were routinely conducting warrantless searches and seizures of firearms in the Boston area......................",

See whole article here:
www.washingtonpost.com...

And if you listen to most of the rhetoric coming from the UK, some of whose pundits still believe the US should be
part of the British Empire, they, and the so called 'New World Order' continue to try to disarm America today!

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
I had forgotten the Boston/New York confiscations.
Thanks

And if you listen to most of the rhetoric coming from the UK, some of whose pundits still believe the US should be part of the British Empire, they, and the so called 'New World Order' continue to try to disarm America today!

Furthering the UN ambitions. Perhaps they will Brexit.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join