It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our newest member of the family

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good to hear. Here’s hoping y’alls new pup, Deckard, keeps you and the wife on the right side of sanity!

originally posted by: schuyler
What is it? A muskrat? Can't see anything but fur.

Ha! It was admitted to be a bad pic, but that’s the first I read/heard ‘muskrat’ in quite some time...growing up in the South we had nicknames for everyone and we had a ‘muskrat’...hadn’t thought of that HS baseball teammate in forever. Thanks for the reminder!

edit on 3-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Deckard is a nice name. You could fancy it up a little bit. Maybe Sir Deckard the First of Oregonia.

Not to rain on your parade, but I am reminded of George Carlin's bit about his German Shepard:
"... when you buy the pet. You're supposed to know it in the pet shop. It's going to end badly. You are purchasing a small tragedy,"

But, he puts a funny spin on it. Enjoy the newest member of your family!!

-dex

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've never had one, but I've had many friends who were German Shepard's. Regal, intelligent, loyal, protective, fierce when needed, playful, loving and beautiful. ( Eat like snorty-pigs though, but that's okay. Nobody's perfect.)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There is something in your home you treasure. Something probably small and attractive, that you treasure, probably even silently, or quietly. You like the way it looks, or feels, or smells, or the way it works. You just like it.

Just go ahead and tear it up now, and throw it away.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

thats something Ive observed as well (not eating). thanks for that.
from what Ive read of the ancient breed, as well as their slower metabolism, I posit its part of their bred lifestyle.
My girl Sally much prefers wild game, theres nothing in a bag she really wants to eat...give her an opossum, a coon, or a rabbit, well its on.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I was guestimating, but she is quite prolific with displaying her kills. I posit that the breed feels justified, by showing off their kills.

Im no dog genius, she is just tremendously protective of our livestock...Ive always supposed it was her way of earning her keep

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

A tough morning! He had to wake us up at 4 this morning and let us know he needed attention and a visit outside.

He almost made it. My fault.

I wasn't running quick enough so his tiny bladder accidently let loose on the way to the yard while I was carrying him.

Being a puppy in our house is hard work. He then ate and barked at a cat (who scared him).

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Someone gave you a dog? You can barely take care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Someone gave you a dog? You can barely take care of yourself.

It's a "service dog".

I "service" his every need and want.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I think I've got two of those.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My son taken little puppy and play everytime with kids. I love this puppy my son give name jerry.

I am happy from this puppy son always play everytime. My hot wife become a very cool wife.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join