It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***BREAKING*** MSM now actively Doxxing private citizens because 'opinions'.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Nyiah

Lets ignore the words, and look at the actions: HuffPo found someone whose opinion they didn't like, and sicked their audience on them.

Is this appropriate?

And if it'd been contained to just social media reposts, the outcome with have been them same. It's sort of pointless at best to finger-waggle XYZ news company, since Name & Shame spreads like wildfire on SM anyway. Hell, we've done it here before.

I have zero doubt that if I went full Stupid T#waffle and began posting inflammatory s# with my face associated with a nearly complete name as my handle, someone would sniff me out in under an hour, or someone I knew would rat me out. That's the nature of the internet today, we're so insta-connected that you'll play hell trying to get away with something malicious or objectionable online for the long-term unless you maintain total anonymity. All it takes is one personal info crumb.

While I do agree doxxing her husband & causing him to lose his job is a low move, I do have to say it's something to expect today, not because people are dicks, but because companies do NOT want to be associated with things/people that conflict with their own image. We know damn well how poor image association can wreck a company in no time.

And I will be very honest -- if I cost MY husband his job, I'd expect to have my computer destroyed & internet canceled, or served divorce papers. Between the two, I would not expect to remain married for long if my asshattery costs my hubs his job, that's asking way too much of him, IMO. She can post what she wants til pigs grow wings & fly, but she should never have put her face & partial name to any of it if she gave a damn about her husband at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So when if Huff Post going to open headquarters in Muslim majority countries?

I'd love to see how that works out for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

You mean theocratic countries?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

No. I mean exactly what I said.

Muslim. Majority. Countries.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What's interesting is that in that article they mentioned this lady creating a website solely for the purpose of "doxxing" supposed Muslims.

I guess she got a taste of her own medicine.

That's how I see it, you want to spew out that kinda venom you are opening yourself up to blowback.

Many of those that are supporting this woman simply agree with her venom .

Cool I find your posts offensive

So I am sure you won’t mind if someone find out your real name, and starts to contact you and you families employers demanding you be fired

In fact seeing as has you think she got what she deserved I am sure you will find no problem with posting your real name and place of work

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

No. I mean exactly what I said.

Muslim. Majority. Countries.

Yes. And you think the majority of Muslims support theocratic countries. Most Muslims living here in America are glad to live here. That lady spew nothing but hatred for Muslims.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So I am sure you won’t mind if someone find out your real name, and starts to contact you and you families employers demanding you be fired

She did it to herself and she's public so it doesn't take doxxing to find out much. And I'll have to see proof that her husband got fired.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

She did it to herself and she's public so it doesn't take doxxing to find out much. And I'll have to see proof that her husband got fired.

Well assuming what is being reported is true

She didn’t post her real name, the huff po person found that out and called her husbands employer

Seeing as how you and the others who think she had it coming are similarly posting under assumed names online, I am sure you would be totally fine with a big news company or anyone else finding your real name out, and attacking you and calling your place of work

After all, you can’t dox someone posting online, right?
edit on 2-6-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What's interesting is that in that article they mentioned this lady creating a website solely for the purpose of "doxxing" supposed Muslims.

That's how I see it, you want to spew out that kinda venom you are opening yourself up to blowback.

In fact seeing as has you think she got what she deserved I am sure you will find no problem with posting your real name and place of work

The reality of life is not everyone likes everyone, you don't like me that's cool I won't lose sleep over it.

Now if I'm posting hateful crap designed to infuriate specific groups I deserve blowback however don't so the only way you could get me is by lying and making up stuff about me... Would you really be such a lowlife to do such a thing?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

For your argument to make any sense the poster you're replying to would first have to set up a website for the sole purpose of doxxing certain people or demographics, because that's what this lady did.

I mean if we're trying to make a 1:1 comparison that is.
edit on 6/2/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I am sure you won't lose any sleep over them outing any white supremacist spouting their hatred for black people and jews. Not saying it's a good thing but what do you really expect?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The reality of life is not everyone likes everyone, you don't like me that's cool I won't lose sleep over it.

Now if I'm posting hateful crap designed to infuriate specific groups I deserve blowback however don't so the only way you could get me is by lying and making up stuff about me... Would you really be such a lowlife to do such a thing?

I would never dox you our cheer for you to be doxxed

I was merely proving a point that someone could find what you write to be offensive, and return the favor to you

For example, it’s not a far stretch to think that someone could think you are a low life scumbag for cheering for a media company doxxing a person and getting her husband fired

I hope you don’t hey the same treatment you are cheering

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I was merely proving a point that someone could find what you write to be offensive, and return the favor to you

For example, it’s not a far stretch to think that someone could think you are a low life scumbag for cheering for a media company doxxing a person and getting her husband fired

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

For your argument to make any sense the poster you're replying to would first have to set up a website for the sole purpose of doxxing certain people or demographics, because that's what this lady did.

I mean if we're trying to make a 1:1 comparison that is.

I don’t know or care what she did as far as doxxing people

I do have a problem with people saying she deserved to be outed and doxxed because of things she did

By the same token, it would be easy to say people cheering for those doxxed would also get what they deserved if they themselves were doxxed

That is why I am against doxxing if anyone, and don’t even think doxxers should be doxxed, especially by main stream media outlets

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Im nor cheering it on I pointed out doing stupid stuff wins stupid prizes.

If you look back a few pages you will see a post from me condemning huffpo for this, the getting the husband fired is a not okay and completely unreasonable.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Why would you think I hate you?

I don’t at all

I was making a pint, that what people find hateful is largely subjective

You find what she said hateful, and this feel she deserved to be doxxed

All it takes is one capable person to find what you say to be hateful, to them dox you and ruin your life

Of course you don’t think you are hateful, neither does this woman

So be careful before cheering to a media company doxxing someone you find hateful, because you could be next

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In all honesty, I don't see the big deal here.

She is an activist, a blogger, ran a website, and started a foundation.

She wanted to make a name for herself... and now she has. Thanks HuffPost.

Now I'm going to go follow her on Twitter because I agree with most of her views... especially the one about mohammed being a pedophile. Sick puppy.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Now I'm going to go follow her on Twitter because I agree with most of her views... especially the one about mohammed being a pedophile.

You seem to forget the age of Mary.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Sometimes it backfires:

Social Justice Warrior Contacts The Employer Of Her Youtube Foe To Get Him Fired. It Backfires!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, this Youtube anti-feminist guy has about 400,000 subscribers. SJW lady decides to go after him on a personal level and contact his Employer to try to get him fired and goes to the trouble of smugly saying that "there is nothing you can do about it".

Well, guess what, turn-about is fair play. Now she is trying to get the FBI involved because the guy relayed the story to his subscribers and they blasted her and her husbands business.

Funny how Karma works sometimes. She even went beyond trying to get him fired, she contacted Police to try and get him arrested and local newspapers.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

No you're putting words in my mouth, I'm not cheering it on I just don't have any sympathy for her, there is a big difference between the two. We live in the digital age where everything we say can be used against us, we are responsible for our own actions.

I think you don't like me because of the way you word your arguments toward me, now that could just be in my mind, it is what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join