It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Back At No. 1 Competitiveness Ranking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The work around is and has always been to dump the Federal Reserve Note and shrug off that debt. Not like they have an army to enforce payment.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You're right. By being blunt, I'm sinking to Trump's level of degeneracy, and helping to further drive his supporters deeper into the delusional feedback loop established by the evangelical neoconservatives. Never mind that the GOP was supposed to stand for the Bill of Rights, separation of church and state, and preserving the free market. I've already pointed out the obvious. I won't be back.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

You're right. By being blunt, I'm sinking to Trump's level of degeneracy, and helping to further drive his supporters deeper into the delusional feedback loop established by the evangelical neoconservatives. Never mind that the GOP was supposed to stand for the Bill of Rights, separation of church and state, and preserving the free market. I've already pointed out the obvious. I won't be back.

And none of this ^^^ has anything to do with the topic in the thread, does it? No, it is only more emotional outbursts on your part. But, keep digging that hole for yourself. Eventually you will hit China and love it there.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Well, in a free market, it's not the government's place to make things fair. Manufacturers have the right to choose who they sell to. And the consumer should have the right to choose who to buy from. There's no room in the equation for Trump's fat ass, without destabilizing the free market.

There is no 'free market'. Never has been for decades. That's what you seem to miss. Our whole system is based on balance, sir. No free rein for anyone. Liberties are taken in that free environment.

I am a Capitalist. I, however, recognize the 'temptations' that are inherent in our system. Be they domestic or foreign.

I would not permit gov't without protest to run roughshod over the citizens...NOR Corporations.

So I say, it IS the role of government to correct to some degree. Historically, Corporations were only given license for specific projects and time. Usually in exchange for private funds.

It is empirically obvious that the average citizen is motivated by 'cost' rather than long term benefit to the nation. Your theoretical view that the consumer will correct inequities became negated when there is no alternative to the system in place.

Our system needs correction. There is no alternative than gov't- that isn't already 'purchased' by those same Corporations- to repair the system.

Here is the simple truth. YOU HOLD THE FREE MARKET AS PARAMOUNT. WE HOLD THE U.S.A. AS PARAMOUNT.

You are, therefore an adversary to the USA. You will lose, if for no other reason than we are not only money/profit motivated.

Deal with it.
edit on 2-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Totally agree. Read somewhere that the total debt from paying banks to lend the dollar into existence exceeds 20T over the decades. Which helps explain why US has collapsed from the richest nation to the most indebted nation.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: odzeandennz

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Says the man who tries to dismiss my logic in a single sentence.

Stay a while and listen-not everyone is rich and i'll try to explain it as simply as I can. Corporate tax cuts is like going to McDonalds-the big wigs get a free upsize, but you do not.

OK, I'll dismiss your logic in more than a single sentence. The stupidity of your comment is two-fold.

Firstly, 'corporate tax cuts' isn't the only thing Trump had introduced to realign the economy. It's one of many things. You simply want to dismiss it as the only string in his bow.

Secondly, without confidence in the consumer market, and confidence in the disposable income they have, they don't buy Chinese iphones and Bangladeshi Nike tshirts. The boost to Chinese and Bangladeshi industries is a sign that US consumers are happy and confident, and not living hand to mouth each week...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

All the manufacturers have to do is raise the prices on vehicles going to nations that impose tariffs to cover the added cost. There is no need for our government to get involved. It can be handled as the manufacturers see fit.

Wow. This is terrible advice. Maybe the government should just print more money and fix everything that way?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I will go further than anyone else in a higher manner
Show me where there is a separation of church and state in any location in the Constitution of The United States of America
Till then anything else you say is negligible.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

All the manufacturers have to do is raise the prices on vehicles going to nations that impose tariffs to cover the added cost. There is no need for our government to get involved. It can be handled as the manufacturers see fit.

I don't want to sound rude but I have to be blunt. You don't understand international trade and tariffs and how they can be both good and bad for a nation.

The problem with free trade is wages. If the entire world had a set minimum wage then, and only then, would free trade actually benefit anyone besides the globalist.

If China had the same minimum wage as the US, most likely anywhere from 50-90% of what is currently imported would be manufactured in the US by US wokers. This would keep more money and competition in the market and prices would be based on a true capitalist supply and demand model.

Mom and pop can't compete with Walmart. Walmart buys boatloads of merchandise from foreign manufacturers with no minimum wage laws. Mom and pop can't deal directly with China and therefore have to buy goods made in America, which will inevitably cost more than the retail price of the item at Walmart.

Tariffs are put in place to protect the American worker, to protect American corporations, and to ensure that the money generated stays in the American economy. The trade deals the US have entered were negotiated by large global corporations that don't care about nations or people, only profits. These trade deals are what has allowed trillions of dollars to leave the country and decimate the American middle class.

This is why Trump is renegotiating our trade deals and threatening tariffs. Either China is going to import more American goods to balance our trade or Trump will have to impose tariffs to balance the trade.

It can be said that the trade deals were so lucrative for China they were a significant reason why China has been able to progress so rapidly as to become a threat to America.

American's basically paid to fix the Chinese economy. It's time for the Chinese to return the favor. And this is what Trump is setting out to accomplish.

Currently the only one winning in our trade deal with China is China and the global corporations. . Unless you think saving $5 on your next toaster is more important than the American citizenry.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Metallicus

No one hear is disputing the economy is in good shape right now. To say Obama had nothing to do with it is less than honest.

Trump inherited an economy that was already heading in the right direction. I don't mind giving Trump credit, as long as YOUR SIDE gives Obama the credit he deserves for saving the auto industry and taking Bush's failed economy and turning it around. If not, well, then I say, hypocrite.

And no one is giving obama any credit at all.

Just because the left and obama blamed Bush for it doesn't translate to grabbing glory for it now.

So you admit he made it better by kicking it in the ass and get it out of the ICU?

And if he did nothing, it would still be on life support going down fast.

Obama did crap for the economy, besides try to strangle it slowly with his policies.

Vermin will try to justify anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Wildmanimal

show me policy changes that have actually opened up the free market and enabled the creation of more business's and helped other business's grow?

where is the growth?

how did we grow?

Maybe if you had a biz you might know.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Germans disagree venomously

🇺🇸🔐

Hmmm, I guess the Swiss don't care for Germany, either....

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You imply a Trump critic is not American. Sad.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

You imply a Trump critic is not American. Sad.

I fail to understand how you interpreted the OP in that manner. The closest I can see are these lines:

Will Trumps critics ever admit they were wrong or will they try to spin the data as somehow negative? I am going to guess the latter.

For the rest of us Americans we can simply be content and happy to enjoy a stronger more prosperous America.

Which state clearly that he is addressing the critics of the positive direction the econpmy is taking. And that the "REST of us Americans" (meaning the Americans that are not criticizing a positive economic trend due to their own political hatred and biases) will enjoy the continued positive growth we are seeing.

In now way is that statement above in the OP calling critic unAmerican. Unless, that is something you feel internally is true, and are triggered by your own realizations. I don't know....but to criticize more people at work, and a growing economy because.........politics, is kinda myopic IMO.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I agree to disagree.
While I count my Fat Stacks Yo!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well my Gals purse is packed.
Believe me, that IS a policy that
is not (Sex) Change You Can Believe In.
Praise God Almighty!