It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of sophisticated cellphone spying found near White House, U.S. officials say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Acquiring a CDMA signal is trivial, but how do these surveillance devices get the call keys unless there is some kind of ongoing stalking program in place?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The only reasons for using the old technology I can think of would be if you wanted to be seen using it, or if that’s all you had.

Do you know if there's a difference in how it would be detected? And if someone might be trying to escape current methods of detection via old technology?

I really don't know... it was just another thought I had.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The only reasons for using the old technology I can think of would be if you wanted to be seen using it, or if that’s all you had.

Do you know if there's a difference in how it would be detected? And if someone might be trying to escape current methods of detection via old technology?

I really don't know... it was just another thought I had.

I really don’t know. It’s been a few years since I studied up on it, but if I remember correctly the device isn’t even required anymore. You can directly get what you want off of cell towers now instead of having to use the stingray to get it.

I may be wrong though, and I welcome any corrections.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Acquiring a CDMA signal is trivial, but how do these surveillance devices get the call keys unless there is some kind of ongoing stalking program in place?

Good question. I would think there are probably multiple ongoing surveillance programs by every country we are enemies and friends with around the White House.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

what do you people on the left believe ?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

It's prob right next to his communist manifesto list.

1.create racial division
2.legalize propaganda on domestic soil against Americans
3.remove electronic privacy
4.implode healthcare, pretend it's a computer glitch

Etc, etc.....

Guy was a f'n terrorist.
How the eff can you support the guy just because of his party?
-after he did all this crap and more?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, they are still running stingray.
I live on an area out in the ocean with 1 bar signal strength.

A buch of cops were by my house and my phone went to full strength.

I knew right away, I always said I could tell that way, sure enough, I watched the signal drop back to normal as one of the cars drove away.

Kinda cool, and kind effed up.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

"Stingray" cellphone tracking devices.

For the first time, the U.S. government has publicly acknowledged the existence in Washington of what appear to be rogue devices that foreign spies and criminals could be using to track individual cellphones and intercept calls and messages. The use of what are known as cellphone-site simulators by foreign powers has long been a concern, but American intelligence and law enforcement agencies -- which use such eavesdropping equipment themselves -- have been silent on the issue until now.

Little has been done about such equipment, known popularly as Stingrays after a brand common among U.S. police departments. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which regulates the nation's airwaves, formed a task force on the subject four years ago, but it never produced a report and no longer meets regularly.
Source: www.cbsnews.com...

Why is the Government afraid to retrieve and inspect one of these Stingrays?
edit on 6/2/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The Obama's? LMFAO. For what? You're the kind of guy who doesn't get his morning paper delivered and blames the Obama's. Give it a rest already.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Russia and the Chinese would be top of the list of suspects because its in their interests and they have the technology. Especially as the USA have been doing the same thing to them. It used to be taken for granted (for 60 years) that this is the normal status quo. Russia, UK, USA, China, Israel all spy on each other.

Not so much anymore. It's gotta be partisan these days.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm going local... as in Team Obama.

Are those cheapo Obamaphones?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

The Obama's? LMFAO. For what? You're the kind of guy who doesn't get his morning paper delivered and blames the Obama's. Give it a rest already.

Assume much? LOL!

I'm not any "kind of guy"... I haven't gotten the morning paper delivered for 20+ years... and there is no apostrophe when pluralling "Obama" as in multiple individual Obamas. "Obama's" is possessive, not plural.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Are those cheapo Obamaphones?

That was funny!

But I'll go with more likely super special custom Obamaphones...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have noticed that they have started putting pyramid shaped, silver colored caps, on the concrete electric poles around the area where I live.

It may be nothing, but I find it odd as there are thousands of concrete poles, none with caps. The poles they are putting the caps on are surround with uncapped poles, so I have trouble thinking it has anything to do with lightning or birds.

Maybe they are the foundation of the infrastructure for some new surveillance system.

Something that may tie into the black and silver towers in New York.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Please, you think Obama moved, just to spy on trump? LMAO!

Let me guess. Muller, Russians Supporting, helping get trump in office, and Stormy, are all fake news too?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Please, you think Obama moved, just to spy on trump? LMAO!

Nope. I think Obama moved 'cause he had to! White House residency is temporary and conditional.

I think he moved in close proximity just to spy on Trump though

Well, and to otherwise stay in close proximity to the action.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

"He's eating a Big Mac without a napkin. The man's an animal."

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link