It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nxivm: "The Sexual Illuminati" hits the big time media - NYT Magazine article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nxivm - it's the story that crosses so many "trigger word" genres that many are still talking about it and investigating.

For the media it's the gift that keeps on giving.

This NY Times Magazine feature piece actually did a very good job in both content and writing. It's an amazing and very interesting read...Enjoy!

The "Sex Cult" that Preached Empowerment

ETA - Note to Mods: This story crosses a number of topic areas and may have been better placed in another forum. Please feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if that makes sense.

edit on 6/2/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
someone is trying to make things look good like they are actually doing their job while the bigger badder organizations behind the scene commit unimaginable crimes

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

How is zxivm pronounced?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They same paper ran this story about it last october so it had hit big time media a while ago.
edit on 2-6-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

How is zxivm pronounced?

It's pronounced "Nexium" like the medication according to this article.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
someone is trying to make things look good like they are actually doing their job while the bigger badder organizations behind the scene commit unimaginable crimes

That's entirely possible and the article touches on that aspect of the story in a few places.

Did you read it?

If not - you really should. Well worth it and probably the best and most comprehensive, yet succinct account I've seen so far from any media outlet.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They same paper ran this story about it last october so it had hit big time media a while ago.

Thanks for the link daskakik.

Yes, you're right - your link is a featured story in the NYT Mag from last October.

Both stories cover some of the same ground, but the one published 2 days ago is more comprehensive in scope and with the passage of a some time - gave the author the benefit of perspective now that more is known - both about the cult itself and what it's impact was on the people associated and/or indoctrinated into it.

Just my $0.02...

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes there is more info now. I just reacted a bit to the title because I've seen a lot of "the MSM won't cover this, that or the other", especially with nxivm, although the story had been out there, even if the investigation was just getting started.
edit on 2-6-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wonder if Weinstein Sexual Enterprise has it's hand in this too?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This article is so looooonnngggggggggg my holy god.

But it's pretty interesting. There's something about the portraits of the members too, really good photography of squeaky clean looking older folk with clean backgrounds that make them look suspect and creepy and sickly and dirty somehow.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The silence of the media surrounding Nxivm points to a lot of well connected people being involved.

This is a made for TV perfect media storm , yet all we have from the MSM reporting is a weak drizzle.

The only reason such a scandalous and sex driven story isn't being talked about more is big fish are involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

How is zxivm pronounced?

Which ought to be a big heads up, IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: Riffrafter

How is zxivm pronounced?

Which ought to be a big heads up, IMO.

Its a medication for excessive stomach acid. Just fyi. I just looked it up

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The silence of the media surrounding Nxivm points to a lot of well connected people being involved.

This is a made for TV perfect media storm , yet all we have from the MSM reporting is a weak drizzle.

The only reason such a scandalous and sex driven story isn't being talked about more is big fish are involved.

Great points Pavil!

Much more important than my OP just noting that they're back in the big time media news again.

Does anyone know of any media outlets or investigative journalists that are still actively investigating this - especially from the "what other big fish may be involved" angle?

If true and those facts and names are exposed, this story will become a monster no matter who may want to keep it quiet.

I never thought I'd say this but we really need people like Geraldo Rivera again to do some digging. Sure, those types of "journalists" are primarily concerned with big headlines and self aggrandizement, but along the way they often also perform a tremendous public service - even if it's only incidental to their primary self promotion goals.

Maybe prosecutor turned investigative TV journalist Marcia Clarke would be a good choice for this assignment?...

edit on 6/2/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
well, the bronfman sisters, the connections to the clintons and stormy daniels and much more shady business are all reasons to bury this lil snafu

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
well, the bronfman sisters, the connections to the clintons and stormy daniels and much more shady business are all reasons to bury this lil snafu

True.

But I'd think this story would be like crack to a crack addict if you're an investigative journalist. It just reeks of potential sensationalism...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

There is a Stormy > nxivm connection?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

top topics

join