It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake Bite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Bloody 'ell 700 stitches?!!!
I've had maybe 40 in my life.
...so you also know the feeling of glass itching as it comes out, does it feel similar?

Off-topic, but I'm glad we don't have snakes like that in the UK, only one venomous (The Adder) but they are rare and only make an adult unwell. I've seen only two in my life.
The only othe snake we have is the Grass snake and I've never heard of anyone being bitten by them, they are timid but I've seen a few in my life while camping, they're pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It may have broken a tooth off in you.
I had a buddy that had a recurring boil, for many years, where a catfish spurred him.
It got really big and nasty at some point.
He gave it a squeeze and the spur ejected in a shower of pus.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah .... I dug gravel out of me 2 years after a bad accident .... That's why I don't think it's an insect bite ....but I'm
Not a doctor. ( disclaimer ).... Can you see if there is a bite mark ( teeth or stinger mark from insect ) on it ?? And how long has it been itching ? .... An insect bite only lasts a day or two ... Spider bite 3 days ? I don't know .... But maybe those questions will help you decide ....me personally , if no insect bite or stinger mark , then I'd have already dug the debris out . ... But that's just me ...still , keep it clean and antiseptic !

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The 700 was just on my head, but I had stitches all over for one reason or another. Completely crushed left hand (went through the dash), broken arm, 12 broken ribs, ruptured spleen, bruised heart, 5 surgeries, separated shoulder, dislocated elbow (most painful injury imaginable!), fractured pelvis (tore the seat belt out of the floor)... and the scalp injury (as a result of ripping the roof of the truck open like a beer can and slicing my head like a hot knife through butter).

Yeah, it was a blast!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This intro comes to mind.

We can rebuild him...…..
edit on 2-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

And you lived, are you Steve Austin the 6 million dollar man?!
After that I bet you just say 'meh' to a lame snake bite.

EDIT
a reply to: Kurokage
Haha, we thought the same, but you beat me!
edit on 2-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Bah I thought you were offering us a pint of snakebite half lager half cider. Rocket fuel

edit on 2-6-2018 by testingtesting because: Blooming autocorrect

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Haha, I thought the same, I think all the Brits reading the headline did, I liked a dash of blackcurrent in my snakebite as well, haven't drank one in years lol

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am not surprised at all about a reoccurring reaction after a few years to a bite. I bet you have or will have a cold in a few days, maybe something else....
Don't know why but that's how I find it works, great indicator your immune system is compromised
Probably find while the snake wasn't venomous it had some serious germs in its mouth when it bit you.

This may sound stupid but, if you have an electric fence for your cows....
edit on 2-6-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I have blackcurrant in also (Americans will not know blackcurrant due to it being banned in the states).
I have had a rich man's black velvet champagne and Guinness.
So glad we do not have nasty snakes in the UK.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If something suddenly began to itch for no reason, then first of all you need to go to the clinic and pass an analysis for blood sugar, as this may be the first symptom of diabetes.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Can happen as the physiology of the bite location was changed when bitten.. and something has occurred to those changes at the same spot.. again.

Not unheard of... An allergy, bug bite, bump... If it stays awhile... Get it looked at... Or just hack off your arm and feed the chickens with he other!!

Always a pleasure FCD to reply to your threads! Best, MS

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What did you mean by, 'if I have an electric fence for our cows'? (didn't understand).

In any case, we don't actually. We use mostly barb wire and steel panels. We may actually put up some electric fence this year though over on one of our other pieces of land which isn't fully fenced yet (or not suitably anyway).

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Gothmog

Okay, this is too bizarre! I didn't include it in my OP, but one of the reasons I posted this story was because this is about the exact date (3 years later) of when I got bit.

That's too weird!!

Good thing for me was that it technically wasnt a strike. It was more of an attempted strike that managed to hang its fangs through the top of my cloth sneaker

June 4th is coming up soon. Hopefully I will remember to come back here and post whether or not the bruised look and the fang marks return . This will make the 30th anniversary.

edit on 6/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join