It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake Bite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
This is kind of weird, so I thought I'd post it to see if anyone has any info.

About 3 years ago I got bitten by a pretty large bull snake. I scoped him out in the chicken coop under one of the feeders, probably hanging out looking for lunch on a mouse (or a free egg or five). After confirming it wasn't a rattler (they look very similar) I decided to relocate him because he was freaking the chickens out (they were all plastered against the opposite wall). I'm pretty quick, but when I grabbed him he'd moved just enough where I only got a hold on him about a foot behind his head (oops). As I pulled him out he struck me on my right arm about 2" above my glove.

Bull snakes are not poisonous, but they will bite and they can chomp ya' pretty good too. He chomped on me hard enough to leave a pretty good mark. Anyway, I relocated the ungrateful fella to another prime hunting spot over by the garage. Went inside and swabbed the bite site down with some rubbing alcohol and went about my business. It took a while to heal (most snake bites do), but it did eventually.

Anyway, fast forward 3 years, and I notice what looks like a welt on my arm, like a bug bite, and it itches big time. For about two weeks this thing is itchy as heck. I get to thinking about it and remember this is about the same spot the snake bit me. It just so happened I had a picture of that day, my wife had snapped a picture of me holding this giant bull snake before I turned him loose. Sure enough, the itchy spot is the exact same spot where the bite was.

Is this just some weird coincidence or could there be some relationship? Seems weird it would take 3 years for some sort of an allergic reaction (or something) to show up. Any ideas?
edit on 6/2/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

i dont know # about snake bites man but i have to think that whatever is going on dont have anything to do with a bite from 3 years ago.

im a city boy who is afraid of snakes though so you could lose the arm tomorrow for all i know

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

My thought also, but it is exactly the same spot.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
yeah but you only have so many spots man

could have took a bug bite or a spider bite or something and not even known it

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Certain types of insects/flies can bite you and you wouldn't even know it. They leave quite a welt and it takes a few weeks or more for the spot to heal. I've got one on my leg that's been there four weeks and has itched pretty much throughout. Have several on my arms and they mostly have healed but you can still see the marks.

Probably a bug bite.

If it doesn't go away, have it checked out for skin cancer just to be safe. Skin cancer can itch. However, the odds are greatly in your favor that it is only something minor and will go away.

As far as a snake bite. Been bit a few times. Not afraid of snakes. At least non-poisonous ones. IMO, it's highly unlikely its from the snake bite because of how long ago it occurred.
edit on 2-6-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Some bacteria used the uneven surface left by the snake bite.

Try tea tree oil. Clean the area with alcohol and apply.

Also take some immune system booster for a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Back in the late 80s got bit by a sidewinder on the foot
Frequently ( not every year though) I have a bruised looking spot come on my foot in the exact same place. If not on the day it happened it is very close.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Hmmm. Snake bit you. Since it's a bite, it left scar tissue, and this might now be starting to work its way out. I'd still watch the thing like a hawk, tho.

Sounds like any snakebite is something I'm not having any interest in experiencing. Dog bites are bad enough.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Okay, this is too bizarre! I didn't include it in my OP, but one of the reasons I posted this story was because this is about the exact date (3 years later) of when I got bit.

That's too weird!!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I was hoping this was about tequila....

But since I'm here already.
Three years is a long time before something finally popped up. Probably not related.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This is kind of weird, so I thought I'd post it to see if anyone has any info.

About 3 years ago I got bitten by a pretty large bull snake. I scoped him out in the chicken coop under one of the feeders, probably hanging out looking for lunch on a mouse (or a free egg or five). After confirming it wasn't a rattler (they look very similar) I decided to relocate him because he was freaking the chickens out (they were all plastered against the opposite wall). I'm pretty quick, but when I grabbed him he'd moved just enough where I only got a hold on him about a foot behind his head (oops). As I pulled him out he struck me on my right arm about 2" above my glove.

Bull snakes are not poisonous, but they will bite and they can chomp ya' pretty good too. He chomped on me hard enough to leave a pretty good mark. Anyway, I relocated the ungrateful fella to another prime hunting spot over by the garage. Went inside and swabbed the bite site down with some rubbing alcohol and went about my business. It took a while to heal (most snake bites do), but it did eventually.

Anyway, fast forward 3 years, and I notice what looks like a welt on my arm, like a bug bite, and it itches big time. For about two weeks this thing is itchy as heck. I get to thinking about it and remember this is about the same spot the snake bit me. It just so happened I had a picture of that day, my wife had snapped a picture of me holding this giant bull snake before I turned him loose. Sure enough, the itchy spot is the exact same spot where the bite was.

Is this just some weird coincidence or could there be some relationship? Seems weird it would take 3 years for some sort of an allergic reaction (or something) to show up. Any ideas?

I've got various scars all over my body, and sometimes an allergic reaction or bug bite will be particularly noticeable or itchy around my scars. Just a theory that once scared your micro nerve endings and micro blood vessels are more susceptible to toxins. Like a mosquito bite on my legs where I have scar tissue from burns flares up twice the size than anywhere else on my body and are rather itchy. Just a theory.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But a Snake Bite isn't made with tequila. (at least not that I'm aware of...as a former bartender)

They're made with either Yukon Jack or Vodka.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Really?

I always get tequila, salt and lime ones..

Huh, new thread topic....lol

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't blame the snake bite unless it's only peripherally related as some have pointed out.

Three years is way too long for something from the bite itself to be finally sinking in.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
bites can have all kinds of things ...could have been anything on its teeth . You don't know whatnot was chewing on before it but you ...bacteria , dirt, wood, or left scaring deep in your body .... You said it bite you deep ?....Maybe it had a piece of an egg shell on its teeth when it bit you and forced the shell deep into you. ...Just like a car accident victims with glass pieces that get embedded deep in their body ... The glass will take awhile , years , to work its way out ... 3 years SEEMS like a long time , but not really if there's debris deep in you ....because it's in the same spot , I'd be more inclined to say they're related , and not so much a coincidence ... If its itching then it's coming to the surface ... Keep it clean , antiseptic . Don't let it fester .... It may fester as it gets closer to the top . ... I had gravel deep in me and took almost 2 years for it to come out ...when it did , it itched like hell ... I finally dug it out when I was able . Keep us posted if you find some weird micro chip embedded in you .... Kidding ..... But seriously , keep us posted !

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As a bartender in Virginia , we always used ... southern Comfort Triple sec, and lime juice for our snake bite shots ..... The BEER snake bite ( one of my favorites ) is cider Alittle over half lathered with stout .

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
...Maybe it had a piece of an egg shell on its teeth when it bit you and forced the shell deep into you. ...Just like a car accident victims with glass pieces that get embedded deep in their body ... The glass will take awhile , years , to work its way out
Good point, I had glass come out of a wound maybe 4 years after the injury, I began to feel it and eventually dug it out with a craft knife.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Oh yeah, I know all about the glass thing!! Know ALL about that one!! Was in a horrific truck wreck back in the early 90's (went end over end 3x and rolled 5x), and among countless other injuries, I got a severe scalp laceration (700 stitches). Shards and chunks of glass were coming to the surface for 10 years after that wreck, no kidding!

That one definitely left a mark!

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Snakebites in the U.K. are a mixture of cider and lager, I thought the thread was going to be about that??

I hope you find out what's caused your old bite to swell up? Could the snake have maybe left a bit of tooth in the bite, and it's that that is trying to make its way out?

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Yep, and I believe those are the original ones too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join