It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinesh D'Souza Drops Huge BOMBSHELL On OBAMA and ERIC HOLDER Right After Pardon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Sorry. He donated $20,000 of his own money in someone elses name.

Illegal for an individual, legal for a super pac.

Something is wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
FFS the guy was only sentenced to eight months in a halfway house and a fine.

For a felony count of making illegal contributions in the names of others.

People act like there was some sort of injustice to him. He got a slap on the wrist.

The injustice was red flagged in the report. It was a political maneuver by Obama's justice department, just as it is a political maneuver by Trump to end Obama's legacy. If you are against the pardon of this man then you should also be against the pardoning of Manning.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: c2oden

People act like there was some sort of injustice to him. He got a slap on the wrist.

Thank you 😊
The only reason this is even a deal is because it happened under Obama's administration.
If I was him I would have declined the garden and taken the little slap on the wrist instead of looking like pansy.

You didn't listen to what he said, did you?
They would have added other felonies if he did not take the plea.

I did actually that is how I know he took a deal. And yet with this deal on a felony charge he got a VERY good deal. And still gets a pardon, what kind of message do you think that sends to others?

Under the Obama administration, it means take the deal we offered you or # will get worse.

link   
Accept a plea deal or face a lengthy prison term? Oh the horror!!

How dare they treat him like a poor person.

link   

Thank you 😊
The only reason this is even a deal is because it happened under Obama's administration.
If I was him I would have declined the garden and taken the little slap on the wrist instead of looking like pansy.

You didn't listen to what he said, did you?
They would have added other felonies if he did not take the plea.

I did actually that is how I know he took a deal. And yet with this deal on a felony charge he got a VERY good deal. And still gets a pardon, what kind of message do you think that sends to others?

It sends the message that all laws and subsequent punishments are not just. And when someone is imprisoned for political purposes they can maintain the hope that someday they will be freed and justified.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Isurrender73

He gets a pardon because he is a political asset for the current administration.

Meanwhile thousands of non violent possession of Marijuana 3 strikes felons rot in jail.

I agree with you. However, I still believe the pardon was just. And I also don't agree with the "war on drugs" and imprisonment of non violent offenders.

Maybe it was. But I am not going to cry over it. The guy is rich and will sell more books. Everyone will talk about how unfair it is.

Now if Kushner and Ivanka really can do something about criminal justice reform that would be awesome. Lil jeffie has to go before that happens.

My problem was how I am supposed to be up in arms over his slap on the wrist and act like this is something new that only happens to republicans.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Grimpachi

Being a felon is quite extensive over what time sentence is. That was his point.

If he didn't want to be a felon he shouldn't have PEAD GUILTY to a FELONY.

They had him pinned. Take one felony or more. He took the best option he was given. He knew he was guilty and he also knows that the punishment wasn't equally applied.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

BTW it wasnt "encouraging others to donate" it was "donating in their name" which is illegal if you go over the donation limit.

Wrong. The people did donate, he just reimbursed them. So they still donated it, they knew what was happening. He didn't lie to the people about what was going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Being a felon is quite extensive over what time sentence is. That was his point.

They had him pinned. Take one felony or more. He took the best option he was given. He knew he was guilty and he also knows that the punishment wasn't equally applied.

Yes.
Why is this so hard for some to understand?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yes.
Why is this so hard for some to understand?

I would assume those who don't understand have never actually experienced the legal system. Or blindly accept that everything written into the law is just and set in stone.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I don't think that anyone, including D'Souza, is denying that a crime was committed. Even the punishment is fairly weak by felony standards, but it is still a felony.

So some are seeing the weak sentence and are not impressed, others see the felony and know what that entails.

Personally, I'd rather do 1-2 years for a misdemeanor than do 1 month of a felony.
edit on 1-6-2018 by JinMI because: Missing words.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The "Unknown" option was serve the sentence in Arkansas !!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Totally agree.

We live in a society whose laws don't actually forgive criminals. It's sad to me that a man can pay his debt to society for crimes he committed and upon his release still not be given his full rights of citizenship.

The difference between a misdemeanor and a felony is life changing.
edit on 1-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: JinMI

Totally agree.

We live in a society whose laws don't actually forgive criminals. It's sad to me that a man can pay his debt to society for crimes he committed and upon his release still not be given his full rights of citizenship.

The difference between a misdemeanor and a felony is life changing.

And often arbitrary.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

And often arbitrary.

Could you explain?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Doctor Smith

What's the "Huge BOMBSHELL"?

He was "red flagged" for his political beliefs.

He's been telling that story for years. There's a whole chapter about it in his Hillary film, for example.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How has he dismantled this injustice? Because to me it seems that he is making it seem ok to do so. Heck he is giving a pardon to someone that did do it. How in the boob is that fixing the problem?

I would answer. However , regarding your post there is a major probability you would not understand.(At least 5 Sigma)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

And often arbitrary.

Could you explain?

The difference between a misdemeanor crime and a felony crime can be arbitrary. Based on hypocritical morals or bias set by Congress.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What's the "Huge BOMBSHELL"?

He was "red flagged" for his political beliefs.

He's been telling that story for years. There's a whole chapter about it in his Hillary film, for example.

Could be, and might be true.
I will trust him over Hillary.

Then again, I would trust anybody over Hillary.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Ah, yes I get ya now and agree.

The ramifications are far different as I'm sure you can agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join