It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

improving waste heat capture devices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Here are some new cooling systems that may benefit the technology being discussed here if also down scaled.

techxplore.com...
edit on 16-7-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ginseng23

Expanding upon the idea of polarizing filters for the best frequencies of particle/wave transmission allowance, blockade, storage, or otherwise manipulation, one may find these formulae useful:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

In addition to the elucidation of the behavior of excitons, these additional formulae are of the upmost importance in order to further predict, model, and ascertain the behavior of particle/waves interaction with the various topological configurations able to be designed.

en.wikipedia.org...:_Entropy_change_of_a_crystal_lattice_heated_by_an_incoming_photon

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ok last one for a while. Now that you have some of the basics down, I will remind you that many of these equations imagine particle-particle interactions. To truly understand this, and even apply many of this into fusion, I will give you a couple terms to remember. Aerogels are versatile and make for good conducting, insulation, or whatever else you can imagine depending on what material you choose to "dope" with ^__^.

There are two key aspects to understand in order to truly understand this under the wave/particle duality, so that efficiency may be maximal.

You will need these equations elucidated by the masters before us:

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is only one small, yet integral group of concepts that may be understood in terms of 2d/3d nanoscale interactions.

Although it by no means is a definitive theory that explains everything, much like how celestial navigation still utilized the Ptolemaic system prior to the Copernican, it still proved valuable and effective. These formulas can be used to obtain forced parameters for energy harvesting and transference.

Loop quantum gravity (LQG)
edit on 26-7-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Additional forms of "wasted energy" also include noise and vibration. Here is a neat article with some introductions into the emerging technologies being designed to address this aspect of energy production and use:

www.rsc.org...

arstechnica.com...

I would suspect with the aforementioned heat energy capture devices being discussed here, one could also utilize a reactive nano mesh to absorb vibrations, shocks, and even noise into meaningful signals:

en.wikipedia.org...

Such a material would have to be in a similar configuration to cantilevers. They could be also arranged similar to how a spider's web is fine tuned to pick up the minuscule vibrations of potential prey near or already upon the web.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ieeexplore.ieee.org...

Damn, very recent too. That should be useful down scaled.

Also, biomimetics yet again:

link.springer.com...
edit on 26-9-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
An interesting material that could serve a useful chassis for ferromagnetic nanomaterials.

www.livescience.com...

Some recent breakthroughs that are relevant: phys.org...
edit on 18-10-2018 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
phys.org...

Awesome! Reminds me of ionopores!

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What topological structures do you think would be best for capturing light? capturing heat vibrations/perturbations?

I know in nature we have photosynthesis and its associated structures, however, our technology has created machines that are much faster than the beautiful flying creatures nature has produced, albeit, not nearly as efficient.

An example, what structure is this best suited for? The absorption and transference of acoustics? Photons? :

www.researchgate.net...:298030747144193@1448067475570/The-Null-Cone-and-the-Ho rosphere-for-1-D-and-the-conformal-and-stereographic.png
edit on 2-3-2019 by ginseng23 because: (no reason given)

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com...:ANd9GcS3DNQKUN8hz3Lf9Y2UtWFKw7Vu0Yu4XQn4dY5S9lQMdBhYJkPm

As recent threads in this forum have shown, many of the structures we have found in the past or from our ancestors seem to be truly the gateways that if downscaled, and applied to our "modern" technology, may hold the key to a future lost.

physics.stackexchange.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

For capturing light? We already use photodiodes. There's a lot of waste heat produced there. This would be especially important for solar arrays.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

For capturing light? We already use photodiodes. There's a lot of waste heat produced there. This would be especially important for solar arrays.

Indeed. The best systems would work in unison with each other. And be tailored for prospective environments. For instance one would want the types of crystals that absorb in the range that passes through clouds in heavily clouded areas, or to find the most average type of energy that could be harvested in a given area, etc. The loss of energy through transmission lines could be reharnessed and either used, or stored. As many pointed out here, the storing of energy is one woefully underdeveloped aspect of energy production.

So called alternative energies are not economically feasible everywhere. However, to increase the efficiency and harness what may be wasted by existing power production technology is my main goal. I do not believe such inventions to be disruptive to the powers that be, as they still rely on existing infrastructure. These are augmentations, not replacements.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow thank you projectvxn I wasn't familiar with this man and his device:
en.wikipedia.org...

I am imagining downscaling and the use of such structures in helical configurations, coupled with cantilever technology. Especially for the harnessing of "waste" vibrational energy. Perturbations are one of the most fascinating aspects of physics to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

" When a system is taken through a series of different states and finally returned to its initial state, a thermodynamic cycle is said to have occurred. In the process of going through this cycle, the system may perform work on its surroundings, for example by moving a piston, thereby acting as a heat engine. A system undergoing a Carnot cycle is called a Carnot heat engine, although such a "perfect" engine is only a theoretical construct and cannot be built in practice.[1] However, a microscopic Carnot heat engine has been designed and run.[2]"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join