It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 times social justice lead to genocide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: toysforadults

"War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength"
-George Orwell

this is the tactic of the NWO

invert the truth, invert reality, what's up is down down is up whats right is wrong

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no, they wouldn't!! god, when we lived in tx, during the reagan economic slump, the danged employers wouldn't even hire a women, no matter her qualifications or how little money she was expecting, if there was a man, any man applying for the job!
things were a bit better when we were living in NY, but still, when you have a guy come into the shop and take over the job that you were doing so you could go back over to the job you were originally doing, which he never could get the hang of by the way.... and you find out that he came in earning more than you....
well... you kind of get the message plain as day...
and he was making more that the one women there who had been there at the very beginning of the business, when it was being run out of the boss's garage.
the same with my last job in virginia...
so no, they can get away with it... they do get away with it..

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

if it was a statue of Mario it still has context to it's origins.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

if it was a statue of Mario it still has context to it's origins.

I don't know who Mario is.

Don't care.

Tearing down statues is censoring free expression. It's akin to book burning.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The main difference is that women seldom put in the same intensity and hours that men will. Women tend to take more time away for things like family because they like to become mothers.

and... men don't become fathers?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Did you live back then?

Have you ever lived in a black community during the 60s?

I originally quoted you Tupac because hip - hop and rap music was a direct look into the community of black people from the 70s to basically early 2000s.

You are comparing data from an era where WHITE people took the statistics and published them. Isn't that a little biased?

And you clearly don't understand poetry when Tupac states.

"We ain't ready, to see a black President"

Here's another from the same doggdamn song:

"Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'Cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight"

Tell me that white privileged doesn't exist in today's world? or that it didn't back in Jim Crows era.

But to be honest, you seem racist as hell.
Hell bent on keeping a narrative that seems to want to blame black people for their own issues, when they have had generations of hate against them because of their skin color and origins.

The statue data I show you clearly shows that racism still existed well AFTER the civil war, it went generations, it didn't just magically disappear. But you ignore that, so what am I even arguing over, the person who says blacks had it better during segregation.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Not when they are funded off tax payers money.

You're always so sarcastic and undermining, can you be serious for once in your posts and actually do a little research into what people reply to you with?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You're simply justifyinf censorship and using the excuse of tax payer funds.

Does this mean you are against National Endowment of the Arts?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I do believe that the statue in charlottesville was in a city owned park. it was the city council... elected by the residents of the city that decided that that statue should go. please, explain to me why someone living in canada should care so much about a statue in a city park in the US so much that they would travel all the way to virginia and feel that their voice should carry so much weight??
a city park is owned by the city, to be enjoyed by it's residents. those residents voted for the people that decided that the statue should go and well, if the majority of those residents didn't want this to happen, I do believe they had an opportunity to have their say. and of course, they will have their opportunity to voice their displeasure come election time.
a state park is owned by the state, and like a city park, the elected officials should be the ones who decide, with the input of the state residents, what should and shouldn't be in their parks...
there was absolutely no justifiable reason for a mob of people from all over the country... and beyond... to converge on the city, run over their residents, or beat them, or shoot their guns off at them. They have their own cities, that have their own parks, that they along with their neighbors can decide what to do with.
so ya, guess what.... the white separatists are no longer welcomes in charlottesville. they can no longer meet in the city and open carry their guns while they march down the streets.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't care "where" the statue was. You're justifying censorship if you want it torn down.

People march, people say things. Some of it is ugly and horrible and disgusting.

If I found your posts offensive, I still would have absolutely NO RIGHT OR JUSTIFICATION to silence you.

Yet you find any way to defend censorship of things you may find offensive.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I would say that in social/cultural measures that would generally lead people to success, African-Americans were better off, but in measures that would have allowed them to capitalize on those cultural markers, they were worse off.

Had the legal impediments to economic rise not been followed by a subsequent erosion of African-American culture into what we see all too often today, who knows where African-Americans might have risen to in modern society?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

?? I don't really give a crap one way or another about the statue.
I just highly object to the idea that a mob of people think that they should have kind of say as to what a city, in my neck of the woods, where my kid often times have to travel into for work, does in one of their parks... to the point where they think they have a right to come into that city and basically run amok and cause harm to those who have valid reasons to be in the city.
I'm sorry but when it comes to my city, and it's parks, I don't care if they decide to close them down, pave them over, and install parking lots in their place... unless you live in the surrounding area, where it directly will affect you....
it shouldn't be a concern of yours!
city parks belong to the city and their fates are governed by city governments, who are elected by the local community. for a bunch of people who seem to despise a strong central government, I can't understand why it is that yous fail to understand that cities have some power reserved to them, or which, the city parks, their design, maintenance, rules, ect are ruled by the city..
I'd rather lose a statue that I might like than lose my city's ability to have a reasonable amount of self determination and control. at least those in my city government happen to live with the results of the decisions they make along side of me!! and, I don't really want a mob of people from all over the place coming in and trying to force their desires onto us...
that is just plain bull....

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

what eroded their culture?

how did they go from having less of an advantage but doing better to having more of an advantage and doing worse?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I don't want to live in a place where censorship is accepted and encouraged.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yet you use a website that does ... ironic. You're such a hypocrite, you know that right?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Yet you use a website that does ... ironic. You're such a hypocrite, you know that right?

Nope. Nice try.

But continue with the names!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

you live in the charlottesville area???
do you even live in virginia??
on the east coast?
look, when it comes to where ever you live....
I don't feel that I should have any say in how your city runs it's parks either...
unless of course... you live in my city, then well, our voices would probably just cancel each other out, maybe...
then again, I just might not care enough to give a voice.
of course, if your city decides that they should deny segments of it's population's constitutional rights, then I believe it's the duty of everyone to speak up quite loudly. but we probably wouldn't have to since that's what the federal gov't is for.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They're one in the same.

No, they most certainly are not.

Google Dictionary

e·qual·i·ty
əˈkwälədē/Submit
noun
the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities.
"an organization aiming to promote racial equality"
synonyms: fairness, equal rights, equal opportunities, equity, egalitarianism; impartiality, evenhandedness; justice
"we promote equality for women"
MATHEMATICS
a symbolic expression of the fact that two quantities are equal; an equation.
plural noun: equalities

Google Dictionary

so·cial jus·tice
noun
noun: social justice
justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
"individuality gives way to the struggle for social justice"

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm against censorship. Why does it matter where I live.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

let me ask you something...
if a city, on the urging of it's citizens, decided that it wanted I don't know, a petting zoo, or a duck pond, or maybe a dog park in a spot, but there was one of these statues in that place. would you object if they removed the statue to make room for what the citizens wanted?
if you city was going to tear down a monument of some kind that me, living on the other side of the country happened to value for some unknown reason, to build that petting zoo, or duck pond, or whatever... would you think that I should be able to interfere with that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join