It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 times social justice lead to genocide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

How many times has social justice lead to good things?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
define social justice because quite frankly, I don't see how it could lead to genocide if you take the two words for their true meaning. I mean wouldn't genocide be the ultimate of injustice?
there is nothing wrong with a society that strives for more justice, equality, and balance. that doesn't mean that we should feel guilt because of our forefather's misdeeds or allow others to place that guilt onto us. it just means we refuse to allow that injustice to be carried into the future.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

not really, it just gave them a voice in the gov't. it was a major step in that direction, but we are still struggling to provide equality between the sexes...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

MLK was fighting for equality.

Washington was fighting for freedom and liberty.

I can see the social justice movement try to ride on the coat-tails of these men in order to give the same credibility that MLK and Washington had, but I'm not buying it.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
MLK and the suffragettes definitely had causes worth fighting for, whereas modern social justice seem to be all about using the right pronouns and whether you have the right skin color to wear your hair in dreadlocks.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

equality isn't about identifying an enemy the fight for equality was about leveling the playing field whereas the social justice movements have identified an enemy

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I guarantee you conservatism has killed a million times more people than social justice. Religion, business and and right wing governments have killed billions of people.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328
so limited government, private property rights and free enterprise have killed more people than genocidal maniacs hell bent on social justice for the oppressed?
edit on 1-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Your whole premise is a joke, but applying that same broken logic to the right...

Do you really want to go over all the deaths conservatism has caused by your standards?!?!

Slavery, Nazis, all the Muslim states , most of the African genocide s, witch trials..

Basically every genocide under the banner of “returning to some bygone glory” or to keep things from changing to quickly would be a conservative genocide..

Guess what has more genocides??

Those seeking change or those afraid of change..

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

not sure how you turned this into an anti conservative post when this post was about social justice

why do you think social justice doesn't involve conservatism?

wouldn't the 2nd amendment be good for people seeking to escape tyranny?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

and those in the conservative ranks aren't identifying the enemies?? you aren't when you write the first l lines of your opening post on this thread??

This rise of social justice politics has really grind my gears since it's inception. This kind of identity politics is obviously bad. This is why it's important to crush this out of our culture and return to constitutionally ruled government and limited government power.

yes, we have to crush the social justice out of our culture and limit gov't power so our social injustice can run wild!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

big difference here is that the social justice movement is simultaneously identifying an enemy IE white males AND at the same time trying to remove the 2nd amendment which has the intent of people being able to defend themselves against tyranny such as black people did in the south after slavery

isn't it a coincidence that this movement coincides with their attack on free speech and the 2nd amendment?

this social justice movement isn't about equality... we already have that

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The problem is that when we engage in these discussions, we often end up talking past one another.

When some people talk about justice and equality, they're talking about simple equal treatment under the law -- the conservative meaning. True justice doesn't care who you are, only what the law says and that it applies as it applies no matter what. Sort of like playing a game, really, doesn't matter who you are or what your current lot in the game is ... rules are what they are and you follow them just like all the rest of the players.

But when other people talk about justice and equality, they're talking about using the law to bring about equity or equal outcome. This is where social justice often comes in. This is all about using the law to more or less pick winners and losers or advantage some groups to the disadvantage of others in the attempt to level everyone off. It's inherently Marxist in origin and ultimately Utopian.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

that's a really good way to explain the difference I appreciate that

yeah you are totally correct, they want equality of outcome which is where the "good roads lead to hell" ideology comes from

the current social justice movement is tyrannical whereas MLK was fighting for equal rights and that was a good fight
this isn't that, this is different, this is more like what's happening in south africa

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

so limited government, private property rights and free enterprise have killed more people than genocidal maniacs hell bent on social justice for the oppressed?

Your definition of conservatism is cartoonish, conservatives kill people every day through pollution, war, police brutality, denying health care, not to mention all the people that die from overpopulation related causes like famine, disease or drought due to religion or other traditiona beliefs that suppress family planning. Then there's all the suicides due to war or economic hopelessness caused by capitalism.

edit on 1-6-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

AND at the same time trying to remove the 2nd amendment which has the intent of people being able to defend themselves against tyranny such as black people did in the south after slavery

I'm sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding you... but are you saying that the south didn't do their best to prevent the black people from taking advantage of their 2nd amendment rights?

After being emancipated as a result of the Civil War (1861-1865), southern states passed laws known as the "Black Codes", which disarmed and economically disabled African Americans in order to sustain enforcing white supremacy.

www.aljazeera.com...

are you sure about that?

and... I'll just leave this here...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Get real.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry, maybe I am misunderstanding you... but are you saying that the south didn't do their best to prevent the black people from taking advantage of their 2nd amendment rights?

OBVIOUSLY the point I was making was that the black people of the south were able to keep themselves slightly safer due to being able to bear arms

stop painting everything and everyone as racist I'm done with it

maybe when black men stop committing the majority of violent crime in the US while grossly under representing the population as a total there will be some change

I'm sick of hearing about how oppressed they are yet they are overtly violent

don't believe me?

top 5 worst neighborhoods in America guess what they all have in common?

yup!! that's right!! the most dangerous neighborhoods in our country are majority black, they need to take responsibility and clean up their culture before pointing fingers at everyone else

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

no my definition of conservatism is accurate just because you live in lalaland doesn't make my exact definition of conservatism inaccurate, it's sourced look it up

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Providing voting rights for people is bad??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join