It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury gives 4 cents to family of black man killed by Florida cop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Such a sad and needless loss in the USA (Again), yet when in the UK someone is arrested for breach of injunction, the UK is ridiculed at least Mr Robinson is still alive and can appeal his conviction.

The epic rambling threads about the UK and its out of date laws for freedom of speech, DAM you cant even listen to music of choice in US without being put down by the authorities.

Yup.

You have countless circle jerking star baiting threads on Tony Robbsion because he broke the terms of his suspended sentence.

Yet in there own tyrannical country you have police summary executing people for simply playing loud music and opening the door.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because it took a few seconds after the door was shut for the butthurt to kick in.

We see these split second decisions to shoot over and over when the person is not actually involved in a crime in the first place, and many times doesn't even have a gun or weapon. We do not need to go back in time very far when a person holding a gun was not a threat until he pointed it. Cops would not instantly view a person with a gun a reason to pull their own and bark orders with a hair's breath from pulling the trigger.

As some people have said, the rules of engagement in war was you do not shoot unless you are shot at, and these are places where everyone has an AK...that is war and here at home the cops assume everyone is ready to shoot and kill, so they do it first without true understanding of the situation. Cops do not back off anymore to reassess the situation, they continue to go full bore forward no matter what, and I can think of many cases where if they backed off for a minute to reassess many would be alive today.

Once again these are cases where a person isn't running from a crime scene or a case where a perp is not involved in a crime.

Like the worker at the hotel gets full auto burst, the kid playing for an hour with a unloaded air soft pistol, a young guy lifts up his shirt with both hands to show he is not armed so on and so on... Even throw in the kid that gets killed because the cops thought his phone was a gun...

Split second reactions that many times are completely wrong.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, an intoxicated Mr. Hill opened the garage door, a cop yells gun,
All that for a noise complaint. What a waste.

Gun is not a crime, did he ever point it? I'm assuming not otherwise he would be dead before he could shut the door. Also, to shut a garage door that is not auto you need to reach over your head to pull it down and I don't think a person can do that while pointing a gun at the police. Shooting blindly into a house with ZERO engagement from the guy first has to be wrong by there own rules too. There could be five kids coming out of the house to see what is going to to walk into a wall of lead.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The officers exclaimed that the man had a gun, according to a lawsuit from Hill's family, and so the 30-year-old closed his door. Newman fired bullets through the garage door, hitting Hill once in the head and twice in the chest.

Where was the threat that needed gunfire? Looks like the officer Pistorius'd him. And I guess you CAN put a price on life. Less than the shells that killed him. Hey why didn't they make the family pay for those?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

This isn't intended to be a race bait thread, dude. I find the story interesting because I believe the civil "justice" system in this country is way out of control and represents a double jeopardy of any defendant found not guilty. The criminal trial of the officer involved found him not guilty, therefore this civil trial should never have taken place, period.

So you feel the same way with lets say Simpson?

Found some interesting info...

First he wasn't living in his parents garage for 30 years...he was 30 years old with two daughters and a son. Hill, a 30-year old Coca-Cola warehouse employee, was in his garage at the time of the shooting.

Officers have claimed that Hill was armed at the time of the shooting; while a gun was recovered from the scene, it was found unloaded in Hill’s back pocket.

When the deputies arrived, they knocked on the garage door. Hill raised the garage door but then closed it after seeing police. A deputy then shot through the door four times as it closed, hitting Hill once in the head and twice in the abdomen.

They shot first then found...maybe...a gun in his back pocket unloaded... He was killed for being drunk at his house and closing the garage door. The cops banged hard on the garage door, he opened it, saw they were police, so he then quickly closed it to get 4 bullets though the door. All of this with in 1 minute of arrival at his house...I don't think they could even suspect he was drunk if his actions were to open the door then close it to instantly get 4 bullets with one in the head 2 in the chest.

Real nice spray pattern at 3 feet geez

Family Home Destroyed

Gregory Hill was raised in the same house where he was shot and killed. He raised his kids in the same home. It was also destroyed as police shoot chemical agent through nearly every window of the home, claiming Hill was "barricaded" inside. Memories were destroyed, toys were contaminated and even some of the keepsakes for his upcoming wedding were poisoned by police attempting to poison a man they had already killed.

Did he rob a bank first WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

On January 14, 2014, a St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office deputy shot and killed Gregory Hill through his closed garage door after responding to a loud music complaint. Gregory Hill was in his garage listening to Drake's All Me when police responded. Police spent 60 seconds on Hill's property, banged violently on his garage door with an asp, leaving dents on it, and then claimed Hill was an aggressor and thus police shot 4 times after Hill quickly opened and closed his garage door.

Police claimed Hill had a gun in his hand as the garage door went up and down. Hill's own daughter attended school across the street and watched as her father was shot and killed. She and several school witnesses saw no gun in his hand. An unloaded gun was found in Hill's back pocket. That gun was free of any blood or brain splatter or material DNA. The location of the wounds make him holding a gun where it was identified impossible. Forensic testimony revealed Hill was incapable of putting that gun back in his pocket after being shot in the head.

Another minute or less killing.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

State sanctioned murder. IDK how anyone, let alone a jury could see this in any other way than that.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Indigent
So the guy was drinking and listening music at his house and got shot through a door because he had an unloaded gun in his back pocket, yeah he was 99% at fault of being black, or is it you cannot no longer drink, listen music and own guns in you house?

Yeah this is a disgrace. The guy is in his own house cops just dont like doors shut in their face.

You better respect their authority.

He answered the door with a gun in his hand.

That is the only proper way.

I think you may be lost with the op here in this particular thread.

you really made me think with the whole he lives in a basement so he deserved to die cause he is going nowhere comment.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting, I guess the 2nd doesnt count..if you listen to Drake. And Cops just shoot through doors not knowing who is behind..like maybe one of the guys kids..buncha hero's alright

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yes, I definitely feel the same way about Simpson. When the criminal trial fails to convict, there should be no civil trial, period. It is the epitome of double jeopardy.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes, I definitely feel the same way about Simpson. When the criminal trial fails to convict, there should be no civil trial, period. It is the epitome of double jeopardy.

Well then I guess we go the way of vigilante. If one can not get justice one way or the other then justice is taken with one's own hands. Your statement is easy when it is not against you personally. What if Simpson killed your daughter, what if you were the dad of Hill and saw the cops get cleared when it is easy to see they over stepped to the death of Hill and even possible deaths of more family members including kids?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

you really made me think with the whole he lives in a basement so he deserved to die cause he is going nowhere comment.

Ya I liked the 30 years living on parents garage statement...lol geez The unloaded gun in the back pocket is moot since they killed him without the ability to actually see it. Not only did they shoot though the door, but they didn't know he was dead for a good time and called in SWAT who did a full frontal assault on the house. WTF is Drake that bad?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

And he won't be the last guy murdered by the police either.
Jury's are only made up of people..often dumb people.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What if Simpson killed your daughter, what if you were the dad of Hill and saw the cops get cleared when it is easy to see they over stepped to the death of Hill and even possible deaths of more family members including kids?

Then I would deal with matters myself, whether there was a civil trial or not. Look, I'd have respected Fred Goldman a lot more if he'd handled his business like a man... instead he became the poster boy for greed and whininess (in my view) scrambling after OJ Simpson like a baby momma after a one night stand.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

What if Simpson killed your daughter, what if you were the dad of Hill and saw the cops get cleared when it is easy to see they over stepped to the death of Hill and even possible deaths of more family members including kids?

Then I would deal with matters myself, whether there was a civil trial or not....

Ahh, this is golden. Rule of Law and all that unless its me then F*&% that noise I'll do what I want the law is only for everyone but me.

Nice, real nice.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Then I would deal with matters myself, whether there was a civil trial or not....

Ahh, this is golden. Rule of Law and all that unless its me then F*&% that noise I'll do what I want the law is only for everyone but me.

Nice, real nice.

You seem to misunderstand me somewhere along the way. I'm not making any calls for this or for that to be legal. I realize certain actions are illegal and would be willing to deal with the consequences of breaking them.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

It's the whole shooting someone through the door that gets me.

If the guy had shot through the door first, I can see it. Not like it, exactly, but could see it.

A civil suit after criminal charges were unsuccessful, to my mind, is double jeopardy.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That's not what he's saying.

He said that he'd be willing to take the consequences of actions that knowingly broke the law.

In certain circumstances, so am I.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join