It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong hiring in May cuts unemployment rate to 18-year low

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Deficit hawking was a thing when the debt was still modest enough to wrangle and keep under control. Now it's simply grown too large.

When exactly did we cross that line of demarcation?

I remember having a conversation with a conservative friend of mine about 12 years ago. We were discussing large deficits and the growing debt. He gave me a similar explanation why the ballooning debt levels didn't bother him (at that time.) He basically said that the magnitude of the national debt was so large that it was beyond our comprehension, especially when viewed in the context of a normal worker's economic environment.

So, I think that the national debt is important, until it's not. And it's not important, until it is. Basically it's just another one of those emotional strings pulled by the-powers-that-be to herd the sheeple where they want them.

-dex

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Amazing how such good news can bring out the haters.
I really don't know why it's a bad thing that Trump has proven just how right he was about the economy and how useless Obama was.
We're all living in the here and now, just accept the good news.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

For me it was 2012, when it passed GDP. That was the end game as far as the debt ever being actually paid went. The US had technically been driven to insolvency... now we're just piling onto the credit cards before filing for bankruptcy.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Krakatoa

Also there's always a Tweet:

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Today's job report is not a good sign & we could be facing another recession. No real job growth. We need over 300K new jobs a month.

3:49 PM - 7 Dec 2012

Keep in mind that this "not a good sign" report from Dec 2012 saw 7,000 more jobs than Dec 2017.

And of course, anything less than 300k a month is subpar by Trump standards. Total loser! Sad!

Imagine how many factories, training facilites, schools and learning centers could have been created to help people get jobs with the billions upon billions in cash we GAVE Iran for them to hand over to terrorists.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DexterRiley

For me it was 2012, when it passed GDP. That was the end game as far as the debt ever being actually paid went. The US had technically been driven to insolvency... now we're just piling onto the credit cards before filing for bankruptcy.

Interesting point. Though I would counter by saying that Japan has a 240% debt to GDP ratio. And they haven't gone bankrupt yet.

Also, a US debt default would cause a global financial melt-down. So, it's not in the best interest of American debt holders to attempt to foreclose on their largest debtor. And the US will likely have significant influence on the global economy at least through the end of the century, so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

-dex

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa jos are nice to have Obama cut billions

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join