It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Right and the Constitution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Except they identify with the Alt-Right and the Right in general. So definitely pertinent to the discussion at hand.

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So?

Modern communists identify with the left and Democrats too.

We've gone over this before, there are two major parties in this country. No matter what you are (loathsome or not), if you want to see things change more to your liking, you pretty much have to vote for one of those two. That means for every nasty person you run across, there's a 50/50 shot they're voting on your "side."

Just exactly how many of your fellow citizen voters do you think you ought to openly spend time disavowing every cycle?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Who is Richard Spencer and why should I care what his opinion is?

I ask because the name means nothing to me, and some would classify me as alt right.

Richard Spencer is a single person no one knows & with no influence, but the OP decided to dangle this Dick Spencer in front of everyone in an attempt to 1) generalize a group of people and 2) get his rant-rocks off.

Pointless, yet typical.

Spot on, it was another pathetic attempt at division. Par for the course.

Yep. Par for the course for those on the right. ATS is predominantly right-wing with all those right-wing posters, pushing the left and liberal hate rhetorics, pushing for the division.

Glad you notice.

Are you calling Xcalibur right-wing?

I don't know? Am I?

Considering Xcalibur was the original poster of this thread, that's how your comment reads.

It was in response to the other poster about the left pushing for the division here. I was mirroring that post with truth.

Sure, sure, whatever. We both know which side of the political aisle profits from balkanization of society and promoting specific demographics over others into 'rainbow coalitions' but whatever makes your feel better.

See? You've just proved my point. Some people and MSM on BOTH sides push for the division for the revenue. But yeah if it helps you to feel better pinning everything on the left.

Nothing was proven except that you can't accept the truth that the left benefits from creating schisms in society and soactively promotes it, and then points fingers at the right to try and blame them too.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I accept the truth that both sides point fingers at each other and benefit from it. Why can't you?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I accept the truth that both sides point fingers at each other and benefit from it. Why can't you?

I never said they don't point fingers at each other.

What I said was that the left actively promotes it because they believe they profit from the division and strife it creates in the culture/society.

We will agree to disagree that conservatives seek to benefit from division.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So Info Wars and Breitbart don't benefit from it?
O....K.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

O....K.

You seem to rant about Infowars and Breitbart a lot. You must visit them a lot to know so much about them?

I've honestly never looked at Breitbart, is it any good?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

O....K.

You seem to rant about Infowars and Breitbart a lot. You must visit them a lot to know so much about them?

To be able to be critical of both, one needs to absorb a little bit of each. Asking that question will not get the answer you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You guys need a coherent definition for alt right. If it's white supremacists (like spencer), you need to stop using the term so ham fistedly.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What is the Left's fascination with Richard Spencer?

What power or political office does he have?

It's not like any one on the Right is looking to him for advice on policy.

Ooooh look at how scary he is. You are giving the man a platform by talking about him. He has billions of dollars to influence things......oh wait, that's someone else.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You guys need a coherent definition for alt right. If it's white supremacists (like spencer), you need to stop using the term so ham fistedly.

Then they can't tar everyone who didn't vote for Hillary as a racist bigot. That simply won't work for them.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The only power spencer has is the power given to him by the left and their obsession with him. He's not rich. He doesn't have an outsized voice. He doesn't have a real following (other than the left).

Fun fact: The only time I hear the name richard spencer is when he endorses a candidate and the left uses it to smear that candidate or when they need to paint a large swath with a tiny brush. Same with david duke. In all my conservative readings I never see his ideas or him being quoted or really even stories about him.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

O....K.

Breatibart was good early on before Andrew's death. It's gotten a lot more extreme since.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Why? It's not even a term we made up.

It's simply the new Neo Con and no one can actually define that either except to say that the left doesn't like it and therefore anyone they don't like or find it convenient to tar and feather became an evil Neo Con.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well I've been accused of being alt-left so there's that.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Personally I think you're alt-cheesy...

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Personally I think you're alt-cheesy...

Well I've been accused of being full of holes so you might be right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join