It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Trade Wars

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yeah, WillTell brought this to the table in another thread and then glossed over the fact that Alcoa and Alcan (Aluminum Canada, for example, have Canadian plants and Russian plants (where most of our Aluminum comes from) and within the last ten years or so have both sold off their Chinese interests in plants there.

So it's not exactly shocking they want to avoid across the board tariffs and focus on China. 2+2=?

It also ignores the fact that the EU and Canada tariffs are not happening in a vacuum, but coincide with a year of efforts to reduce, for example, the EU tariff on US autos (10% levied by the EU compared to 2.5% current US tariffs on foreign auto imports) on one hand and renegotiating NAFTA on the other. Pain brings people to the table.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry I'm not into NWO

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Well I guess these nations have the option of taking their business elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sorry I'm not into NWO

Neither am I.

I consider NWO the conspiracy concept of Globalization.

However, in logical reality for me, the only evolution is a united planet.

I am definitely not an isolationist.

edit on 3-6-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Historically there is a good case for Nationalism and the sovereignty it entails. All I see is environmental economic and taxation borders being breached by a select "charmed" few who have some hold over the elected representatives of the People.

If we could somehow have a united planet run by citizens ( perhaps like the Swiss Canton model )

When I see and hear globalists push for dismantling naturally evolved borders through doublespeak or invasion to install "democracy" my warning bells go off.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Sorry I'm not into NWO

Neither am I.

However, in logical reality for me, the only evolution is a united planet.

Im not opposed to that idea nor globalization and originally thought how great for the world.

The problem is that the wrong people and corporations are pushing a global agenda for the wrong reasons.

They are exploiting countries and encouraging low wages and slave labor with little to no worker rights.

Its completely about exploitation and money.
edit on 22630America/ChicagoMon, 04 Jun 2018 19:22:37 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join