It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready - Internet as you know it will be gone "The EU is About to Destroy The Internet"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Obviously this means it's time to close all US military bases in Europe and bring the boys home. WWII is over.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I mean yeah, they will jail people for reporting on child rape cases, then gag the media for reprting on that arrest

You mean they jail people for pleading guilty in a court of law.

How horrendous.

Would you rather that the person lie in a court of law, after having committed the crime of reporting on such crimes? Somethings are not crimes. But a court of law doesn't follow common law any more.

These cases seem to affect only one angle of those crimes too; those with middle eastern names. They get the hush hush.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

wondered if this would happen and when it would, got my answer now.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It looks like the EU is hoping to build a North Korean style intranet.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there no anti-government leader amongst the population of the European Union?

The last thing you want to do is move away. Your top priority should be to fight the individuals who are attempting to screw you over. The PEOPLE have the REAL POWER.

Um... not in the EU they aren't...

No weapons, no war?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i'm trying not to laugh about this, i mean i hope the EU realizes that if they do this, that this will be the final nail in the coffin for news media. why bother with news that will cost money when information can be shard for free through social media?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Or they suddenly speed into a tree after claiming to be on the verge of a breaking story. Damn pesky hackable cars.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The main problem is the naive masses who take their freedoms for granted. First it is, "who cares, I'm doing anything bad", then "well, it doesn't affect me I can still do what I want online", then "well maybe they deserve to be restricted, they must be doing something wrong", then, "it's fake news anyway they shouldn't have rights" etc.. etc...

In any case, they are going to figuare out how to get a majority to be compliant while silencing the dissidents. Its just going to be a slow process until the internet is controlled like TV is. Hopefully not though.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The old Guild system is reasserting it's control. They have been doing this for 20 or more years now not just in Europe but US also. Remember Windows 98 with IE4? Even then they were trying to force the internet into a series of channels like cable TV. It reduces competition. We will get the formation of large companies to collect royalties like ASCAP in the music industry. Instead of America Online we now have World Online. The open internet just a hard to find channel that costs extra and not too many places left to see.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thanks mate, spend a few hours in the Q threads, it'll toughen you up or make you bat sh^t crazy

hahahaha

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's an interesting subject to contemplate. I've actually been waiting for something like this to happen for a long time. Seizing control of the internet for the purposes of taxation will not be an easy undertaking, and it will likely destroy the internet was we know it today in the process. It was only a matter of time really. The establishment elite politicians have been drooling over the internet for many, many, years...trying to figure out a way to get their money grubbing mitts into it.

The problem though with their diabolical plan is, the "Internet" is smarter than they are. Smarter almost in an AI way (even though no one was thinking AI when all the routing protocols were developed). So, one of the first things they'll have to do is cut all the regional links (which they can do), but the second they do this the value of the 'Internet' as an entity is severely diminished. Consequently, the basis for tax revenue is also severely diminished. And this has been the problem...until now.

The other way to go after the internet is what the EU approach is; threaten people based on something which can't move around (like routing tables can). Threaten them where they "live", and this is the EU approach.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That appears at Polands request, I guess their experience with the USSR after WW2 shifted them pro-west

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Their is little free speech any where left in the world. Even the US founding fathers said that once in a while the fight from tyranny needs some bloodshed. I'm not getting into the Tommy Robinson discussion with you, but bare in mind how; Scientology and even other religions like Eckankar stifle debate in the US for the last 30 years by trademarking their names and using the courts frivolously

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haven't got that deep into it. Here you go.

"Article 13, if it passes will essentially be the end of fair use and will set a frightening precedent we all need to be aware of"
"mass monitoring of internet uploads and a chaotic new ancillary copyright measure that will make it harder top link to and quote new sources"

saveyourinternet.eu...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Marshall amps are made in 3rd world countries now, same goes with Triumph

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Once Europe is gone - who do you think they will be after next, the US.

Do you honestly think the 2nd Amendement will restore power to the people?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Someone made an interesting point in another thread. What if they blow them up when next to your ear. Mass depopulation.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh dear...sounds innocuous doesn't it...NOT

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

virtues of the US's first and second amendments.....the land of the free.

I'd believe that but both Trump and Clinton were blood related to the Royal family - when you vote in a complete outsider I may reconsider

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Troubling times ahead - do we all need move to the US?

Oi!
Don't make us build a wall on the ocean!

Anyhow, contact your local rep and express your dislike...then share with your neighbor and recommend the same

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join