It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready - Internet as you know it will be gone "The EU is About to Destroy The Internet"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Just thought I would share this.

From the uploader

Only large media companies would be able to pay the taxes. Small ones would be bankrupted. I wouldn’t be able to publish links to news articles on this blog without paying the tax. And the EU parliament is due to vote this into law in 30 days time. I’m not surprised that the EU is doing this. The EU is all about top down control of absolutely everything. It never does anything else but introduce more and more crippling and obstructing and hampering legislation.

One commentator suggested

Emily says:
May 31, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Holy #. Reading the comments on that article you linked to, I came across this: "Most people are saying the only solution is moving to Tor, being a Tor host and using the dark web. And/or moving to the United States. The first and second amendments are literally the only thing keeping the world from falling into the end times at this point."
I really never thought I’d see the day, people from Europe would be talking about wanting to move to the US, but I think they are right.

Troubling times ahead - do we all need move to the US?

+26 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

S&F for posting this! I got it a day or 2 ago but posting a topic on ATS has become so toxic I let it go! Props to you mate for having the ballz to put up with BS!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Something is missing out here. One, Google and two MSM. What are they going to do to Poland, is that why the US is now going to put a permanent base in Poland?

+9 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It probably won't matter were you run to, they'll find you and make you pay. Time to share thumb drives and memory cards. Never can have a good thing for too long before someone comes along and destroys it for money or just for the hell of it.

Maybe we can share in person again, actually get face to face.

+38 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Hey the eu is all about free speech!

Just ask the UK!

I mean yeah, they will jail people for reporting on child rape cases, then gag the media for reprting on that arrest, and arrest people for having dogs make gestures or quoting rap lyrics.

But as long as you only say government approved speech, you can say whatever you want!

So being forced to pay for media articles is such super better more free speech!

+12 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The relinquish of control of the backbone servers to an "unamed" private company by Obama
Countries putting up firewalls to contain the population's viewing of websites
Then GDPR , which was a ruse.Doesnt that acronym sound like something from Nazi Germany back in the day ?
GDPR
Now...
It only gets more Draconic from here.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Forgive my ignorance, but does this have anything to do with "net neutrality"?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hey the eu is all about free speech!

Just ask the UK!

I mean yeah, they will jail people for reporting on child rape cases, then gag the media for reprting on that arrest, and arrest people for having dogs make gestures or quoting rap lyrics.

But as long as you only say government approved speech, you can say whatever you want!

So being forced to pay for media articles is such super better more free speech!

Life is getting better by the day there. I guess you folks didn't need GMO foods after all.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Troubling times ahead - do we all need move to the US?

Yep. Please bring Marshall, Laney and Triumph with you.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Is there no anti-government leader amongst the population of the European Union?

The last thing you want to do is move away. Your top priority should be to fight the individuals who are attempting to screw you over. The PEOPLE have the REAL POWER.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Good!

We can build a new one!

Think we can't?

Jobs Baby! Lots of US jobs.

Kind of like the the 6 Trillion Dollar Man.... "We can rebuild it; we have the technology,"

This time we can make it better, stronger, faster!

Then charge those SOB's a s#it-ton to connect to ours.

DO IT!!!

Make the internet OURS again!
edit on 31-5-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I laugh down into the necks of Europeans. They have been decapitated.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The relinquish of control of the backbone servers to an "unamed" private company by Obama
Countries putting up firewalls to contain the population's viewing of websites
Then GDPR , which was a ruse.Doesnt that acronym sound like something from Nazi Germany back in the day ?
GDPR
Now...
It only gets more Draconic from here.

Don't knock GDPR. It allowed me to clear out all my old subscriptions to recruitment agencies, delete old CV's that were floating around the web and all sorts of other junk mail subscriptions. The interesting part is seeing who you can't unsubscribe from. One company just keeps resending me the GDPR notification and if I don't reply in 30 days, they'll delete my data or so they say. But like the EU, they just keep resending out that notification until I say yes.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Forgive my ignorance, but does this have anything to do with "net neutrality"?

Shhhhhhhhhhh.......It has EVERYTHING TO DO ABOUT NET NEUTRALITY!

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It isn't going to stop with the EU.

WE may have freedom of speech here in America, that doesn't mean that they can't charge us to use the privilege.
edit on 31-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

GREAT!!

I just hope they blow up cell phones first! ALL of them!! Every last one!

I would be a happy man if I never saw another cell phone in my entire life!!!!!!!!

PLEEZE!!!!!

edit on 5/31/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

WE may have freedom of speech here in America, that doesn't mean that they can't charge us to use the privilege.

Some might laugh at what you said, but if Hillary was elected I can guarantee you we would have MANY Tommy Robinsons being Black Bagged in America!

If we don't fight for our Constitution and our Freedoms, people we half ass elect will be glad to take them away from us. Once we allow that to happen, how do we get them back???????

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there no anti-government leader amongst the population of the European Union?

The last thing you want to do is move away. Your top priority should be to fight the individuals who are attempting to screw you over. The PEOPLE have the REAL POWER.

Um... not in the EU they aren't...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: rickymouse

Some might laugh at what you said, but if Hillary was elected I can guarantee you we would have MANY Tommy Robinsons being Black Bagged in America!

If we don't fight for our Constitution and our Freedoms, people we half ass elect will be glad to take them away from us. Once we allow that to happen, how do we get them back???????

Your concerns are real and correct.

Trump likes to tweet, so we have protection from this for another three years.
edit on 31-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join