It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of reporters film defendents outside of pedophile trials in UK; no arrests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My mistake it was channel 4.
It was in 2001...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I remember the night before and I was running a pub and we chasing away some travellers attempting to nick a caravan across the way and when the police came the young copper was telling me that the police had pulled a documentary off tv because if it was aired Bradford would be on fire.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That report is pretty damning, if true and the police through to higher levels of government did indeed know about and cover up these crimes, I would say it would be time to burn the whole place down as that is not in any way acceptable .

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i hope all the people harping on the technicality of the law Tommy broke never have to suffer from an obvious moral injustice on the basis of a retarded law technicality.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hmm... I wonder what was different.

What was different was that Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon (his real name fyi, I wonder why he hides behind a pseudonym) doesn't have a press pass, given that he's not a real journo but a recently self styled one. You're going about this all the wrong way, instead of hero worshipping this racist cretin (The EDL are laughed at for the thugs they are and rightly so) maybe you could go a different way about highlighting the real issue at heart here. Stephen (not Tommy, there is no Tommy) might have a good point but he went about it the only way he knows, idiotically. Yes, there are good points you're making about how these cases are brushed under the rug but it's lost in your idolization of a thug

He got what he deserved (and as per your last thread on your hero, I spoke to a friend who is a police officer and told him I was handing myself in because I thought the in poster known as Tommy Robinson deserved to be in jail. We had a good laugh at that...

edit on 1/6/18 by djz3ro because: fixing a sentrnce...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well said.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Nvm,

edit on 6/1/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have been unable to find another example of a journalist being jailed in the UK in the same or similar circumstances. This is concerning as the police have a history of abusing their powers with Robbinson. Can anybody else find prescident ?
I did find a 2011 article explaining these powers and about the jailing of a juror ( reading the internet ) and the fining of the sun newspaper by the then attorney General Dominic Grieve. It explains much of the current situation and it seems these powers are relatively new - 2011.

www.journalism.co.uk...

I feel rather ashamed to be British lately, and concerned .
It seems many and maybe most of my fellow Brits are consuming the msm , repeating the msm and obeying the msm.

edit on 1-6-2018 by Blackmoth because: msn to mms.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

there are so many logical fallacies in your blather its hard to know where to start.

noticeably absent is your rage about the crimes only Robinson is known for drawing attention to.

who cares what he calls himself, anyone who only has something to LOSE for doing what he did and for the exposure it brought is enough to rightly warrant approbation, hardly hero worship.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Perhaps you could think outside the box, Tommy Robinson just became infamous, he's know known across the world, he certainly has something to gain from all of this.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Kinda suspect sometimes this is done deliberately in order to give them grounds for an appeal, particularly before the trial stars.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

please tell me what a family man being taken away from his family has to gain from being in jail infamous or not. Whats the upside to being infamous? You really think the guy is so mentally ill or emotionally detached from his family that he would risk being taken away from them indefinitely for some freakin fame?

I think the passion he appears to have, combined with the subject he has obviously spent a great deal of time and risk to bring exposure to gives me reason to believe he is sincere in the reasons for what hes doing and i have a hard time believing it has anything to do with fame and any potential gigs or money he may have a chance at obtaining as as result of that "fame".

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

It's really not that difficult, he was on a suspended sentence, when a judge puts you on one you need to be squeaky clean, otherwise the court will have no sympathy, and be sure as I say this they will lock you up with prejudice.

Perhaps you haven't had the pleasure of visiting the fine establishment of law in your country, whether it be UK, U.S or OZ it's all similar.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

there are so many logical fallacies in your blather its hard to know where to start.

And tout biggest error was not reading my post properly. Otherwise you'd notice I addressed that, thanks for playing though...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You admit the validity of the point but just can't get over the ad hom character assassination long enough to maintain the logical wherewithal to truly grasp the point you see as valid?

Thats some hardcore cognitive dissonance.

FWIW i cannot fathom why it bothers folks that he has a pseudonym. As a fan if Colion Noir i kinda get it.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Robinson felt deep regret when he understood he could have caused a mis trial, he was streaming to 250,000 people live and If one of the jurors saw that stream the judge would have had to order a re trial costing hundreds of thousands of pounds.
I agree with his message these scumbags should be reported on but he did it all the wrong way.

The judge added: 'You have to understand we are not preventing publication. We are postponing publication to ensure that the trial is fair.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yeah...thats yalls circus, your monkeys. If i take up an opinion its likely to offend. So i have none.

Other than attacking someones character to dismiss a viewpoint you admit is valid seems like the logical equivalent of naval gazing

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

This is the main reason why he was arrested:

3.2 Victims of sexual offences Victims of a wide range of sexual offences are given lifetime anonymity under the Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 1992. The 1992 Act imposes a lifetime ban on reporting any matter likely to identify the victim of a sexual offence, from the time that such an allegation has been made and continuing after a person has been charged with the offence and after conclusion of the trial. The prohibition imposed by s.1 applies to “any publication” and therefore includes traditional media as well as online media and individual users of social media websites, who have been prosecuted and convicted under this provision.27

www.judiciary.gov.uk...

Tommy was filming during a sensitive case that needs strict media supervision in order to protect the victims.
What if Tommy boy was out there and a car pulls up with one of the victims and how many thousand people saw their face?
What's he gonna say? Oh sorry?

God this website turns it's narrative on a dime, even when people say one thing, usually the truth, and it just goes way over their head because, biased opinion.

Here is a good article breaking down why he was arrested.

His arrest has nothing to do with stomping on free speech, it has everything to do with just plain and simple, don't break the law!
edit on 1-6-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Completely agree, as does Robinson now it has been explained to him (according to his own solicitor). It is an extremely simple application of the law.

There are examples (in the past) of some heavy handed treatment of Robinson on a few occasions that was completely unwarranted. This isn't one of them, this was him just being daft, as he now accepts.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To the OP. This is another thread that demonstrates an inability to understand law in England, all revolving around some guy called Tommy Robinson. Reporters outside courts in the UK are allowed, and do report. It's what usually happens.

This may help people challenged with English law and Robinson

We have a quaint tradition in England and Wales that trial by media should be avoided, and that trial on evidence heard in court is the fairest way to determine a person’s guilt.

Deny ignorance...
edit on 1/6/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Grambler

Hmm... I wonder what was different.

What was different was that Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon (his real name fyi, I wonder why he hides behind a pseudonym) doesn't have a press pass, given that he's not a real journo but a recently self styled one. You're going about this all the wrong way, instead of hero worshipping this racist cretin (The EDL are laughed at for the thugs they are and rightly so) maybe you could go a different way about highlighting the real issue at heart here. Stephen (not Tommy, there is no Tommy) might have a good point but he went about it the only way he knows, idiotically. Yes, there are good points you're making about how these cases are brushed under the rug but it's lost in your idolization of a thug

He got what he deserved (and as per your last thread on your hero, I spoke to a friend who is a police officer and told him I was handing myself in because I thought the in poster known as Tommy Robinson deserved to be in jail. We had a good laugh at that...

When did it become law that you cant have a camera and an opinion without a document proving you're legal to speak?
edit on 1-6-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join