It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giant People of San Francisco River

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

A very cool and interesting story. I’ve heard of this in passing but hadn’t seen some of the specific stories you have posted previously. Just generalized tales of the creatures background. This is the kind of stuff the brought me to ATS in the first place so thank you for something to catch my interest that also distracts from the endless left/right political paradigmatic threads that have taken the site over in recent years.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Had never heard of this before, excellent post. One more cryptid to add to my list for further research. These are the types of threads that keep me coming back.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
its brazil's version of the lizardman, just to show that these cryptids can be found everywhere

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that the majority of us are very thankful for your time and effort put into this awesome post! I haven't read every single word in an entire thread in a while but this kind of stuff excites me! There's so much folklore out there that it eally makes you think, could any of this have substance? I believe it does...

Cheers!
-StS

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: underwerks

I cannot recall the author's name but not too long ago a cryptid researcher put together a collection of news articles from all over the world at varying times in history of reports of different cryptids. I find it implausible to believe people across the world from different cultures, races, and religions simultaneously decided to hoax stories that are nearly identical in their descriptions of appearance and actions of their respective cryptid sightings.

Whoa a Bible response, everyone throw a fit and tell me about the historical accuracy of it...done?

Whenever you are finished, i wanted to simply mention that it seems even Semitic mythology which is thought go have direct relations to Egyptian, Sumerian, and other cultures' religion and myth says (if you interpret it the same way i do) that the most beautiful of the sons of God/sons of the gods/sons of those who ruled, the guy we call Phosphoros in Greek and you all call Lucifer, had a body covered in a combination of green, blue and possibly yellow or of garnet colored stones (far less likely translation) which many have decided meant he was a reptile humanoid of sorts. This would make...is it enki or enlil the bad guy? Well one of the aliens in the Sumerian story or likely his family from the reptilian or draconian race which matches Chinese genesis mythologies, Korean, southeastern African, some native American including mayan and aztec and even Celtic and other european myths exactly. So i would say if trueits gotta be more than just one who made it and maybe they are still here. By the billions even. Accounting for USOs or amphibiman stories from spelunkers days deep into cave systems who say they saw things like this. Eeeek imagine if Descent were a true story lol

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Very cool post !!.. Makes me want to go searching ! .... Sounds like Mermaids ... And Mermans ....Maybe we should
Contact josh gates from destination unknown ?! .. Although he never finds anything .... Thanks for the post ! A new bucket list idea !

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Very cool post !!.. Makes me want to go searching ! .... Sounds like Mermaids ... And Mermans ....Maybe we should
Contact josh gates from destination unknown ?! .. Although he never finds anything .... Thanks for the post ! A new bucket list idea !

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Having some creature sunbathing on the riverside - sounds like an alligator, crocodile or Komodo dragon. There are species of snakes which can also swim in water. Komodo dragons have a strong sense of smell, so perhaps they could smell the odor of tobacco.

This is also reminiscent of the Luo (Obamas) tribal myths. The websites try to explain the Myths as having cultural messages or meaning but actually they come as they are and if they are not subject to the new interpretations they could literally be about shape-shifting lizerd people.
Indian legends also describe underground and water creatures of reptilians. Llao god of the underworld is close to Luo which is an unusual tribe.
They follow their own prophet and his religion.

In an interview with The Counties, Hadroph Obore, the Nomiya Church Bishop, said that Nomiya Church was founded in 1907 by Johanna Owalo after he got a revelation from God that he should start a church in order to teach Africans.He therefore called the church 'Nomiya' which is a Luo word meaning 'being given'.

www.nation.co.ke...

The Luo of Kenya and Tanzania even though related to other Luo groups linguistically, they are classified as the only river lake Nilotes They came from Bahr al Gazzal in Sudan and were probably the first inhabitants of Sudan.They were also the founders of Shilluk kingdom and descendants of the ancient Egyptians who were directly linked to the Kingdom of Shilluk In Bahr all Gazzal,in the land of Shilluk they were called Ororo,while among the Dinka and Nuer they were called Liel

en.wikipedia.org...

Llao is the god of the underworld in the mythology of the Klamath Native American tribe. Llao fought a great battle with the sky god, Skell, which caused the eruption of Mount Mazama, creating Crater Lake.

For example, the story is known as "Opondo's Children" is about a man called Opondo whose wife continuously gave birth to monitor lizards instead of human babies. These lizard babies were thrown away to die because they were hideous. Once, however, the parents decided to keep such a child and he grew to adolescence.

As a teenager, this child loved to bathe alone in a river. Before swimming, he would take off his monitor skin, and while swimming he mysteriously became a normal human being. His skin was, in fact, only a superficial covering. One day a passerby saw him swimming and told his parents that he was a normal human being. Secretly, his parents went to watch him swim and discovered that he was in fact normal.

They destroyed his skin and thereafter, the boy became accepted and loved by all in his community. For this reason, Opondo and his wife deeply regretted that they had thrown away all of their many monitor children. Read more: www.everyculture.com...

they also tell of werecreatures.

In an origin tale concerning death, it is told that humans and chameleons are responsible for this calamity. Were (God) wanted to put an end to death, which strikes "young and old, boys and girls, men and women, strangers and kinsmen, and the wise and the foolish."
He requested that an offering be made to him of white fat from a goat. A chameleon was assigned to carry the offering up to the sky where Were lives. Along the way, the fat became dirty and was angrily rejected by Were. He declared that death would continue because of this insult. The chameleon became cursed by the Luo, and ever since it must always walk on all fours and take slow steps.

Wetzel's Riverside Monster
www.weirdca.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join