It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Ratings: Primetime Audience Collapses 25 Percent in May

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Haven't watched cable news since the propaganda started more than 8 years ago. Once I recognized propaganda, I cancelled cable and never missed it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: xuenchen
CNN continues it slipslide down the drain of popularity.

The Neilsen Ratings have them falling hard month by month.

In the meantime FoxNews (cable) is soraing like an eagle.

What is going on ?

CNN Ratings: Primetime Audience Collapses 25 Percent in May

In ratings data released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research, FNC extended its run of consecutive months at number one to a staggering 197, while building hitting another impressive milestone: Fox News Channel has now beaten every other network in basic cable for 23 months straight, based on total day ratings, with an average total day audience in May of 1.4 million viewers.

In prime time, Fox News destroyed its competition, with an average total audience of 2.381 million viewers, compared to MSNBC’s 1.384 million and CNN’s 835,000. Among viewers 25-54, the group most coveted by advertisers, FNC shook off a challenge in recent months from MSNBC to claim a clear victory: 461,000 viewers, well ahead of MSNBC (329,000) and CNN (265,000).

💥☣

I'm not defending CNN by any means, but this isn't really a meaningful comparison. The main reason Fox dominates these numbers is because it's the only conservative-leaning cable news channel. The other main cable news channels are all liberal-leaning, and their viewership is split between them. If they all combined into one liberal mecca channel, their numbers would be around what Fox's are.

It doesn't matter why they dominate. What matters in terms of how much each ad dollar buys an advertiser, is that they *do* dominate. Ratings determine ad costs. Period.

It's all about the Benjamin's...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join