It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on young shooters and why.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So I was reading this thread earlier...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And as I watched the video I had the same thought as some....sounded like Cruz was reading from a script.

My guess is he wrote out what to say prior or it was part of some written manifesto he had. Either way...he was definitely reading it.

What got me thinking wasn't the reading though....it was what he said. He spoke about conspiracies and politics.

Now that strikes me as odd, but also very enlightening.

I am 41. When I was in school I dont think I ever kept up with politics as much as it seems kids do these days. I also want familiar with conspiracy theories other than large ones like JFK, etc....

It all came from either word of mouth or books....nothing accessible instantly like the interwebs.....

So this kid is actually talking conspiracies and politics.

I know kids are becoming more politically active these days and most are getting whatever info online and social media. I truly question the ability for these kids to discern what they hear online from reality. This is compounded by their parents who, at my age, are also confronted with the same information. And like their children, they also lack the ability to discern reality because it is "new" to them as well.

This leads the parents to either not filter what the kids take in or become engrossed in the same political personal realities their kids are hearing about and reinforcing the crazed hypersensitive "reality" they are living in.

Yes...Cruz was obviously disturbed. I would like to research this idea a bit and see what the figures are each year since Al Gore invented the internet ( just kidding, but if I'm right I'll sue him) on mass murder by kids or young adults. I would cross reference it by dates of political dysfunction or major news stories hit and by age of kid and date of story.

There is a LOT more on my thoughts on this but I will post them later if this thread picks up any interest....my thumbs hurt now.

It actually made me think to Ted Kaczynski's book.....

Anywho....these are just my ramblings and thoughts
edit on 5/31/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Whether he was reading from a scrip or not? I would really like to see our elected official amend the HIPPAA laws so that when a person becomes a murderer that their medical records are up for release to all!

Now one thing I can promise you! If any of our elected officials have the balls to bring this motion forward? Watch BIG PHARM spend BILLIONS to cover their ass and the psychiatric INDUSTRY from being uncovered!!!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Really interesting thoughts and no unlike some of my own.
My oldest is interested in conspiracies, youngest not so much. She'll say "oh" and "meh", it's all good.

My oldest 'lurks' on ATS and the youngest doesn't care about these sites.

edit on 31-5-2018 by TNMockingbird because: Quick on the draw!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't think it's so much the inability to discern truth from untruth in the overwhelming amount of information one has to process while online..(though this is certainly something that needs to be looked at all on its own.)

I think a lot of kids just don't know how to deal with whatever reality they accept as truth. It's been posited a few times that this may be the result of the 'inclusiveness/ participation' PC attitude being advocated these days. Kids aren't learning how to lose gracefully whether in sports, academics, gaming, dating etc.

They aren't learning how to be okay with not being in control of their interactions and environment. This is a big part of life in general.

How you deal with things like losing and embarrassment or loss of control is part of building character.

How do kids build character if they don't learn how to lose gracefully and learn how to do better next time? They aren't learning how to channel into something positive, rather than destructive.

School shooting is the act of someone who doesn't know how to lose gracefully in a reality they think they can't change.

Just my opinion there...

It makes more sense than saying kids interested in political conspiracies are a time-bomb

edit on 31-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Leaving out the Christian overtone of the video title, I watched this the other day. It is mainly a compilation of video clips on what's wrong with kids today and they're regular news clips, not really religious at all except maybe one or two that mention people abandoning faith.

But it's more aimed at other things: social media, SSRIs, kids out of control, narcissism, etc.

And without anyone saying anything, it all fits really well together and paints a scary, scary picture.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As long as politicians REFUSE to hear from adults like me who have had their lives turned upside down by taking SSRI's? We will continue to poison our children!

I was a grown ass man when I was put on these drugs and believe you me if it wasn't for my religious upbringing and knowing right from wrong, these drugs would have EASILY made a person who people would love to argue their political points over my actions. Thank GOD, I had the strength to fight it!!!

If you can find an honest politician who wants to hear what these drugs did to change my life? Let me know! But I think you have a better chance of discovering the Ark of the Covenant.....

edit on 31-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I’m not sure it would help much..

Sure , Kevin McVay is famous because of the OKC bombing, but McVay isn’t nearly as famous as the bombing .

Or better example...

How many peope can name the columbine killers??

How many people remember columbine???

So unless they are going to do a media black out on reporting the event. Which sounds even more terrifying.

I just don’t think the hiding the names will help.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Sure , Kevin McVay is famous because of the OKC bombing, but McVay isn’t nearly as famous as the bombing .

Or better example...

So unless they are going to do a media black out on reporting the event. Which sounds even more terrifying.

Did you respond to the right person, because I didn't say jack squat about hiding names dude???????

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If I typed it was a "Psy Op" would anyone agree?

The shirt, actually the color of the shirt is a proponent. I'm guessing it is a 'trigger'..

Same color as the "Ebola Scare" I've mentioned it in prior posts. I know that reads like a flippant statement but I shyte You knot, I'm not even kidding...

If anyone read the new rules for Google™ and You're okay with them, punch up "Ebola green tee shirt" You'll see what I mean. If You're reading Your ATS™ in 'Blackout mode' it is the green of ALL the faces of the many faces God...(down below)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

If I typed it was a "Psy Op" would anyone agree?

The shirt, actually the color of the shirt is a proponent. I'm guessing it is a 'trigger'..

Same color as the "Ebola Scare" I've mentioned it in prior posts. I know that reads like a flippant statement but I shyte You knot, I'm not even kidding...

If anyone read the new rules for Google™ and You're okay with them, punch up "Ebola green tee shirt" You'll see what I mean. If You're reading Your ATS™ in 'Blackout mode' it is the green of ALL the faces of the many faces God...(down below)

I do remember you talking about "colors" in a post you made. I didn't discard it I filed it......

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Or better example...

Kevin McVay? I think you mean Timothy. I'm not even going to put a source and I'd be interested in seeing if this becomes one of those Mandela Effects.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Or better example...

Huh? Its Timothy, not Kevin....and its McVeigh...

And I definitely remember the Columbine names....even the whole issue with black trench coats that followed.

You dont seem to remember it well.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Or better example...

....not famous enough for you to get his name right, i guess.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Everybody blames bullying, medicine, violent games/TV, atheism, etc... But they have those things in all of the developed world. Why only America? I can think of only one difference.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Everybody blames bullying, medicine, violent games/TV, atheism, etc... But they have those things in all of the developed world. Why only America? I can think of only one difference.

Other countries dont have well protected civil liberties?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

Other countries dont have well protected civil liberties?

Nailed it.

new topics

top topics

join