It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen threat audio released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

"You're talking about Donald Trump, you're talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual, who never raped anybody and of course understand that by the very definition you can't rape your spouse," Cohen said in one audio recording.

Spousal rape has been illegal in the state of New York, where Donald and Ivana Trump resided during their marriage, since 1984. The incident to which Ivana Trump's claim refers took place in 1989.

www.npr.org...

So you're saying an RNC deputy director (Michael Cohen still is, yes) doesn't know raping your spouse is illegal?

No one has accused Cohen of being a good lawyer.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
So liberals are trying to break client confidentiality of Trumps old lawyer so they can pin dirt on Trump ans at the same time acting like whiny little victim bidges so they don't get called out?

What a bunch of sad sacks cry bullies.

Vermin.

What can you expect?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: gariac

if it's illegal, he should be arrested. If not, he should just be relentlessly ridiculed.

In NY it is illegal to record a conversation without consent, so Cohen might be walking a dangerous line....

Wrong. NY is one party consent, as long as he was party to the conversation.

N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05.

2. “Mechanical overhearing of a conversation” means the intentional overhearing or recording of a conversation or discussion, without the consent of at least one party thereto, by a person not present thereat, by means of any instrument, device or equipment.

Link

As far as the telemarketing requirements passed in 2017 concerning sales calls, that's a little different.

How TF do you get consent when you didn't ask for it? I am attacking the wording of the law, not the concept of it. See where I am going? How would this kind of consent work in a rape case?

Our lawmakers and their wording of laws are criminal! PERIOD!

As outraged as I was at the UK for arresting TR, our tyrannical government isn't much better.

So you change the narrative and attack the law itself, got it.

So very Trumpian.

The law, in this case, is pretty clear. If I talk to you I have the right to record it.

What is consent?

One party consent.

I am party to the conversation. That's what the law says.

A party in earrings maybe.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

"You're talking about Donald Trump, you're talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual, who never raped anybody and of course understand that by the very definition you can't rape your spouse," Cohen said in one audio recording.

Spousal rape has been illegal in the state of New York, where Donald and Ivana Trump resided during their marriage, since 1984. The incident to which Ivana Trump's claim refers took place in 1989.

www.npr.org...

So you're saying an RNC deputy director (Michael Cohen still is, yes) doesn't know raping your spouse is illegal?

Avenatti either.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

LOLOL

now i get why you all have been slamming stormy's lawyer!

DESPERATION!

i love it!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wipetap Law is more about knowledge of being recorded than about consent to recording.

After someone is aware they are being recorded, they can't withdraw consent. Continuing to speak is "consent". Picture a TV News microphone with the logo on it....

There are exceptions, a battered spouse, and of course, recording as part of an actual police investigation.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: xuenchen
No wonder North Korea is scared !!

😲

WHAT? Can someone translate this to something that has anything to do with this thread?

Kick em in the balls!

Does that clarify it for you?

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow..I'm just now learning what Cohen said.

Transcript: www.theblaze.com...

Warmed my heart!

Give Cohen a medal!

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So you agree with him Cohen?.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: gariac

www.npr.org...

Avenatti either.

Avenatti has won some serious judgements. He also has his share of losses
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Wow..I'm just now learning what Cohen said.

Transcript: www.theblaze.com...

Warmed my heart!

Give Cohen a medal!

The blaze article is slightly wrong on one very important aspect in this case

“Ivana had said in a sworn deposition in 1993 that Trump had attacked her, but later clarified that she was not raped in “a literal or criminal sense”

Ivana claimed Trump raped her and also tore clumps of hair out from her head in a fit of rage

He then asked her “ did it hurt” when she unlocked herself the next morning from a bedroom she fled too after the attack

This is the man fake Christians on ATS worship

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Yeah the bit where Cohen says you can not rape your wife...I wondered on how anyone can applaud that.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I know mate it’s shocking people can support Cohen for what he said, this also shows Cohen is all bark and no teeth

next time he threatens a journalist they should tell him where to go in blunt Anglo Saxon terms

top topics

<< 1   >>

join