It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen threat audio released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

An old story, but now we get to hear the audio. Threatening news outlets never turns out well.

Maybe Cohen's CCW can be revoked. Clearly the guy isn't capable of controlling his emotions.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

if it's illegal, he should be arrested. If not, he should just be relentlessly ridiculed.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You must be young. I've personally experienced counsel doing and saying FAR worse.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

if it's illegal, he should be arrested. If not, he should just be relentlessly ridiculed.

In NY it is illegal to record a conversation without consent, so Cohen might be walking a dangerous line....

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So liberals are trying to break client confidentiality of Trumps old lawyer so they can pin dirt on Trump ans at the same time acting like whiny little victim bidges so they don't get called out?

What a bunch of sad sacks cry bullies.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I think the entire bunch are going to cook their own goose. It's amazing that many of them just don't have the common sense to stop tweeting, lying or commenting to avoid attention from the press. They just keep digging a bigger hole for themselves. This audio of Cohen will just add to the mess.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Bunch of thugs. T.H.U.G.S.

Birds of a feather...

For Cohen, no target was too big. Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly put tough questions to Trump at a Republican presidential debate. Cohen later retweeted someone who had written, "we can gut her."

From OP's source.

He's a real class act. Just like his boss. Ugh.
edit on 5/31/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's,one party consent. As long as one person knows it's legal.

New York's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. New York makes it a crime torecord to record or eavesdrop on an in-person or telephone conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
No wonder North Korea is scared !!

😲

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

In NY it is illegal to record a conversation without consent, so Cohen might be walking a dangerous line....

Wrong. NY is one party consent, as long as he was party to the conversation.

N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05.

2. “Mechanical overhearing of a conversation” means the intentional overhearing or recording of a conversation or discussion, without the consent of at least one party thereto, by a person not present thereat, by means of any instrument, device or equipment.

Link

As far as the telemarketing requirements passed in 2017 concerning sales calls, that's a little different.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
No wonder North Korea is scared !!

😲

WHAT? Can someone translate this to something that has anything to do with this thread?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

It's,one party consent. As long as one person knows it's legal.

New York's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. New York makes it a crime torecord to record or eavesdrop on an in-person or telephone conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. N.Y. Penal Law §§ 250.00, 250.05

I was referring to Cohen, if what he did was illegal, he should be arrested, if not, ridiculed.

And no, NY passed an ammendment.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

2. “Mechanical overhearing of a conversation” means the intentional overhearing or recording of a conversation or discussion, without the consent of at least one party thereto, by a person not present thereat, by means of any instrument, device or equipment.

Link

As far as the telemarketing requirements passed in 2017 concerning sales calls, that's a little different.

How TF do you get consent when you didn't ask for it? I am attacking the wording of the law, not the concept of it. See where I am going? How would this kind of consent work in a rape case?

Our lawmakers and their wording of laws are criminal! PERIOD!

As outraged as I was at the UK for arresting TR, our tyrannical government isn't much better.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Link

How TF do you get consent when you didn't ask for it? I am attacking the wording of the law, not the concept of it. See where I am going? How would this kind of consent work in a rape case?

As outraged as I was at the UK for arresting TR, our tyrannical government isn't much better.

So you change the narrative and attack the law itself, got it.

So very Trumpian.

The law, in this case, is pretty clear. If I talk to you I have the right to record it.
edit on 31-5-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So he's a nasty dirtbag like Trump and his supporters. This could be the final straw that turns all centrists away from the GOP and hopefully we get a bloodbath at the ballotbox.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So he's a nasty dirtbag like Trump and his supporters. This could be the final straw that turns all centrists away from the GOP and hopefully we get a bloodbath at the ballotbox.

Wait what?

trump lawyer is a dirtbag, and that will be the straw that breaks the back?

Yeah, cause the dems mascot that they parade on tv 20 times a day, the stormy daniels lawyer, seems like such a better guy!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Link

So very Trumpian.

The law, in this case, is pretty clear. If I talk to you I have the right to record it.

What is consent? Do you even know the meaning of it? I don't think you do! The fact you are supporting the LAW that used the term inappropriately tells me all I need to know about your feelings of Justice!

Our lawmakers NEED to be held accountable for the miss use of words by their definitions to put forth their agenda! You do realize that these laws provide people like Project Veritas free range to bury your political party and it's behavior?

I don't disagree with the law, I just want laws written that are understandable and DEFINITE in their intentions, as to NOT allow a Judge who rules from their political religion to imprison wrongly those who did NOT violate the LAW?

DO YOU GET IT YET COMRADE?
edit on 31-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Link

So very Trumpian.

What is consent?

One party consent.

I am party to the conversation. That's what the law says.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Link

One party consent means you give yourself consent. Yes, very silly.

I'm really surprised this audio surfaced. Much like the Trump blooper video, it is known to exist but will probably never surface. The nicest thing out of Trump’s mouth on the blooper reel is when he calls his son a retard. This is to say the video is so foul that that is all I could post.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

"You're talking about Donald Trump, you're talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual, who never raped anybody and of course understand that by the very definition you can't rape your spouse," Cohen said in one audio recording.

Spousal rape has been illegal in the state of New York, where Donald and Ivana Trump resided during their marriage, since 1984. The incident to which Ivana Trump's claim refers took place in 1989.

www.npr.org...

So you're saying an RNC deputy director (Michael Cohen still is, yes) doesn't know raping your spouse is illegal?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join