It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Lords

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Personally I have never liked statues in churches
Been through a few Catholic Churches and there are statues everywhere and people praying and lighting candles and rubbing the statues feet and stuff like that
Watching people do that, well it seems a bit strange, had a girlfriend when I was a pup who always clenched a statue of Mary when she prayed

I get why the Protestant church wants it removed, I get the "too catholicky" comment as well, not that it's a nice comment but I get it. I get why they want it gone
10 years, new members, people, different ideas, traditions change

I wonder how many non Christians would condemn the church for removing the statue or would attend the church because of the statue?

I wonder how many protestants condemn catholics.

I know quite a few. Even though Christianity wouldn't exist without it.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They are going to replace it with a statue of a guy talking to a snake.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I think the church would have survived quite well without Rome. It flourished in the East, known as the Orthodox Church. The Baptist church went it's own way but was oppressed by Rome from what I was told
Christianity may have been better without Romes influences. Rome was corrupt to the core

As for many Protestants condemning Catholics, many Catholics condemn Protestants and the Catholics have never warmed to the protestant church

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I think the church would have survived quite well without Rome. It flourished in the East, known as the Orthodox Church. The Baptist church went it's own way but was oppressed by Rome from what I was told
Christianity may have been better without Romes influences. Rome was corrupt to the core

As for many Protestants condemning Catholics, many Catholics condemn Protestants and the Catholics have never warmed to the protestant church

Really? Many catholics condemn protestants. I have never heard this in the United states.

So you believe tit for tat is the way to go with spirituality?

How about actually paying attention to Jesus and stopping the bs.

By the way the orthodox church uses ritual and statues.

Corruption is a problem but you also mention how and criticize the ritual of the apostles

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I never said tit for tat, just said what I know, you are right, it's wrong
I also never said the Orthodox Church was right in my opinion either, it did and does still exist and it was at war with Catholics

Corruption is rife in the Protestant church as well, not defending them either

As for the apostles rituals, not sure what you mean
Personally I don't like statues in a church, people tend to worship them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join