It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Grambler

I don't know if we can even call it hypocrisy anymore... or if it's now just the level of national dialogue.

No one is innocent. We can all find examples of one side saying truly vile and vulgar things about someone on the other side. But it doesn't even stop there. We've got plenty of examples of folks on both sides eating their own because that person dared cross the party line. We've got grown adults who viciously attack a minor survivor of a school massacre because "he did it first." Every day on ATS we see it. Even folks who aren't insulting or offensive or disrespectful in any way are responded to with insults and disrespect... and everyone can point a finger at someone else and say "they were worse!" as if someone else's bad behavior excuses their own bad behavior.

Those who like it -- and they come in all shapes, sizes and political persuasions -- feel empowered and embiggened by it and don't want it to stop. They don't want to be part of the solution. They want to be part of the problem. The foot soldiers in the divide-and-conquer campaign against us. And it's destroying us.

Yeah, I'm guilty.

The anti-trump left is just vermin to me now.

Like gophers or rats or something, depends where you live.

I can't buy a gun but I can get a lot of gasoline.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

They are banning the media from the event!

Absolutely hilarious!

You have got to be ####ing kidding me.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Absolutely hilarious!

Someone might ask an awkward question.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah, I'm guilty.

The anti-trump left is just vermin to me now.

Well, I have hope for you then! You see it, you know it, you admit it... you'll work through it and get past it and be better for it in the end.

I firmly believe the lessons we learn best are the ones we learn through living. Sometimes that's how we find out who we don't want to be and why.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Absolutely hilarious!

I kid you not!

They dont want the peons seeing them celebrate and cheer her.

This is right up their with andrea mitchell asking joy reid (of homophobic blog posts fame) what someone has to post on social media to get fired!

Ugh, I am just feeding on this oozing hypocrisy. Such a wonderful time we live in!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Great, sponsors are now pulling out of Bee’s show. Instead of minimizing the outrage, hypocrites are doubling it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Meanwhile, in the infotainment world...

Sometimes I wonder how it feels to actually have a worth adversary that isn't so grossly over matched and under armed the disagreements and contests have some degree of challenge to them. Guess we will not know that feeling for at least the foreseeable future...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ah, yes, political humor and dehumanizing ... here are some oldies but goodies. Remember cartoons like these?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Those couldn't have been racist because Ms Rice worked for a white POTUS.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"Get your Dad to do something about his immigration policy"
Ivanka is . Promoting and supporting upholding Federal Immigration laws.

Yolks on you Bee.
Got a mirror ?
You need to look at the face staring back before stating who is what..
Bee just described her own self...
Looks a bit like old Debbie
"Those Republicans , they think everything illegal is against the law"
Debbie Wasserman Schultz

edit on 5/31/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have never heard of this Samantha Bee person, but it sounds like she should have had her show cancelled because what she said was at least as bad as what Roseanne said. I think Roseanne was more of an incoherent drunk text since it made no sense, but this Bee person has no such excuse.

I hope she gets what she deserves, but I think we all can see that Conservatives don’t make as much noise as the Progressive Left. Conservatives get their revenge in the voting booth since they have no voice in the media.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm not on here enough to get in replies before they've (I'm sure) been said, but Roseanne effectively attacked an entire race, Samantha Bee attacked a person

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

If Rosanne posted that comment because she was referring to black people as apes and inferior to herself and her race that was 100% racist.

If she posted it due to the woman actually favoring Dr. Zira (which she does in a way especially the haircut) then it really isn't racist imo. Its kinda like posting the pic of an orangutan face beside Trumps (meme) and with George Bush and a monkey(memes).. I could see the resemblance in those memes as well.

Who knows what she meant in her heart ?

Either way, she was stupid to do it! Thats my opinion.

Samantha Bee is classless and it is a double standard no matter how you leftist play mental gymnastics to justify it.
edit on 31-5-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

I agree that saying something like that isn't inherently racist if you ignore history and culture. However it's such a common racist trope that it's impossible for me to imagine a western person of her age and stature not knowing it

Samantha Bee, classless sure, but it's classless against a single person. Trump's done the same
edit on 31-5-2018 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree she had to know whether you mean it as racist or not it is gonna be considered racist due to Americas History. Which is why I say she was stupid. Maybe the ambien really screwed her up, maybe she wanted out of the show, or maybe she really is a racist and meant it in a racist way.

Only her and (God if you believe in one) knows for sure.

edit on 31-5-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Interesting how DIsney/ABC fires Roseanne after one tweet, but hires two pedophiles after they served time for it to work closely with kids.

Not sure how that's legal.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nice pantsuit.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

I'm not on here enough to get in replies before they've (I'm sure) been said, but Roseanne effectively attacked an entire race, Samantha Bee attacked a person

The only reason everyone sees it that way is because they've decided to.

You could easily look at the comment made by Bee and decide she was attacking women. After all, the word used dehumanizes women every bit as much as any comparison of people to apes does. It reduces them to a mere body part, and my working hypothesis right now is that the only reason the outrage machine isn't going 24/7 after Bee is because of who she targeted and how the left feels about her right now.

If Roseanne had said what she said about Condoleeza Rice (see cartoons above), no one would be lifting a finger because clearly that comment would be aimed at Rice personally and not at all African Americans everywhere.

It is a very convenient loophole game to play.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

The difference is: one was vulgar, one was blatantly racist. Period.

Oh, I don't know.

I think if Sean Hannity, for example, called Chelsea Clinton the "c-word" on the air during the 2016 campaign, he would have -- and should have -- rightfully been fired. That's one of the worst things a person can call a woman.

I dislike Donald Trump, but whether I like him or not is irrelevant in this case. Calling Ivanka, or Chelsea, or any woman that word is a vile act.

edit on 2018/5/31 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join