It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samantha Bee proves hypocrisy on firing people for offensive jokes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

WTH? Who are Tommy and Brian?

A couple of doody-heads from I what have read...…………

In my opinion..... It would help if everybodys' "offended" level could fall to a low "annoyed" level. Take some Ambien...…….arhh.

I don't like double standards either. I also agree that the left leaners don't care that they are viewed as having double standards. It's "whatever we say that matters"
edit on 5/31/2018 by jalmo1 because: grammer

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
With all the problems that Americans have to deal with, a couple of over paid performers that follow the script they have been given, are the last thing that any American should be thinking about, outraged about, protesting about, and demanding recourse for.

I don't think Rosanne should have been fired, but I am more concerned about the thousands of low waged earning Americans losing their jobs. I don't think they should have shut down her show because of feigned offense. I am more concerned about the shutting down of many of the stores in America that these family's depended on.

I don't have the time or the energy to type out all the real problems that should be a concern to the American people, the list is too long. This childish BS is ridiculous. Unless it is just another way of promoting Childish Gambino's new video. Or maybe it is preparing for the sequel, This Is America 2".

Wait! Isn't June the month of Bilderberg 2018, the event where the elite pay homage to their Lords?

Charge up your celly! Don't watch the market. Don't look towards Italy. They said we will do just fine, we have nerves of steel.

Retail Apocalypse: 24 big retailers closing stores:devil
edit on 31-5-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Everyone was happy when CNN fired Kathy Griffin.

I wasn’t

I’m fact I argued with trump supporters why they were wrong to want her to be fired

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: okrian
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Erm, yeah you missed the point.
The thread is about hypocrisy and double standards.

You are comparing standards of two different organizations and calling them hypocrites because they differ in their handling of these matters.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm a selective reader. I skim though BS.

You don't like Tommy, and Brian is your friend.

If Tommy and Brian are from this thread that you're accusing me of not reading, then why are you accusing me of supporting some Tommy and Brian argument a few days ago?

Again, WTH are Tommy and Brian?

Oh, for the love of Pete (see what I did there? love to confuse you), I broke this down into terms even the most partisan ought to be able to understand, and I gave it an appropriately childish theme too.

But I understand ... everything I type is clearly BS and well beneath you. So even if I retyped it all, you wouldn't bother.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Dave Rubin clears up any misconceptions about 'standards' and free choice about 2 separate recent events.....

Dave Rubin - twitter

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Well, I was. I do support some kind of artificial vanilla flavored morality on a mean level when it come to mainstream TV like Disney outlets. The Kathy Griffins meme, unfortunately, went mainstream, as is CNN, as is ABC, and she should have been fired, which she was.

Samantha Bee, like Michelle Wolf, are pushing the feminist envelope, certainly, by blurting out triggering words like c # and vagina. (Don't ever look up the definition of "santorum" in an online dictionary either, btw) But their shows are shown on cable's more intimate channels, that do allow for more obscenities than say Disney outlets.

edit on 31-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Her show should be cancelled too! A lot of these comedians and celebrities are crossing the line of decency and respect. There's no place for any public personalities to use such language or racial remarks. Many of these people are being paid millions of dollars, yet they can't control what comes out of their mouths? If I was making that kind of money, I would always be thinking before I spoke. These people don't realize how good they have it!

Heck, I think most of us watch what we say on the job on a daily basis! We all just can't publicly condemn someone and use racially charged language and vulgarity when we feel like it. As an employee and a professional, even away from their job, a company's image is reflected by the people they employ.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And this is the way it is done.

Autotrader and State Farm have decided to suspend their sponsorship of "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" after the host called Ivanka Trump a "feckless c--" on the show Wednesday night.
www.msn.com...

And so begins what many of you are asking for. Equality!

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is it too optimistic to think they might all learn a lesson from this?

You can be funny without being racist.

You can be funny and make a point without being hateful and vulgar to a person who doesn't deserve it.

I'm glad to see them both taken down a notch or two.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Eh I kind of feel the opposite wa
I think instead of comedians needing to learn to be less offensive

The rest of us need to learn that they are just jokes and to get a thicker skin

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't believe how some people pride themselves on being so intentionally obtuse.

One mocked a person's appearance and ethnic lineage, implying it was inferior.

One mocked a person's lack of action and political beliefs, implying it was inferior.

Have Americans lost all capacity for critical thought?
edit on 31-5-2018 by curme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: angeldoll

Eh I kind of feel the opposite wa
I think instead of comedians needing to learn to be less offensive

The rest of us need to learn that they are just jokes and to get a thicker skin

If the comedian doesn't mind facing widespread criticism and disdain, that's up to them. In the meantime, the public knows when they've had enough of hatefulness.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
I can't believe how some people pride themselves on being so intentionally obtuse.

One mocked a person's appearance and ethnic lineage, implying it was inferior.

One mocked a person's lack of action and political beliefs, implying it was inferior.

Have Americans lost all capacity for critical thought?

That’s just some garbage excuse to justify one type of hate over another

If a man called one of Obama’s daughters what Samantha called Ivanka, the left would be going nuts at how horrible and sexist it was

People always make excuses why their type of hate red is justified, but why the other sides isn’t

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Meh, nothing's changed. They have a right to say what they want; you have a right to laugh at it; I have a right not to.

(post by okrian removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

When you consider what our electoral alternative was, how can you talk about divisiveness and indecency with a straight face?

Clearly, you are a doody-head who knows how to spot other doody-heads. For that, I salute you.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If a man called Obama's teenage daughter a #, yes, you are correct. The left would be going nuts at how horrible and sexist it was. I would hope everyone would, regardless of left, right, center, sideways.

What that has to do with a woman insulting a 36-year old paid government employee, I'm afraid you lost me there.
edit on 31-5-2018 by curme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I don't post as often as the rest of you, so there isn't plain awareness of my take on every single subject already out there. But I certainly have never posted any love for Hillary. She's the same corrupt corporatist war-slave that Trump is (well, the war part for Trump is new). But that said, I'd put her considerably below Trump in the name-calling and rabble rousing category. People would have actually have liked her in order to be rabble roused by her.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme

If a man called Obama's teenage daughter a #, yes, you are correct. The left would be going nuts at how horrible and sexist it was. I would hope everyone would, regardless of left, right, center, sideways.

What that has to do with a woman insulting a 36-year old paid government employee, I'm afraid you lost me there.

Or whatever, the sem would have been true of calling chelsea cliunton that.

But yes we know.

To you and many ithers on the left, there is an entire formula about how its evil for some people to use the same words that ither people are allowed freely to use.

I'll just skip to the end of the formula for the sake of brevity.

Someone on the left says baout anything = a ok

Someone on thbe right says the same thing = evil must be fired and called out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join